CLAIM: Sen. Martin Heinrich on UFOs (Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Member)

gtoffo

Sen. Martin Heinrich has been interviewed about UFOs. He is Democrat member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence of which Rubio is vice Chairman https://www.intelligence.senate.gov

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jTiKNR_euQ

Here is the transcript with emphasis on some of the claims
what do you think about all this ufo
00:03
stuff going on right now uh i think we
00:06
need to get to the bottom of it it's
00:07
pretty intriguing
00:08
i don't know what it is but anytime you
00:12
have
00:12
uh legitimate uh pilots
00:15
describing something that doesn't seem
00:18
to conform to
00:19
uh uh the the
00:23
laws of physics that govern aviation

00:26
and is in u.s airspace
00:30
i think it's something we need to get to
00:32
the bottom of right but you know like
00:33
they always say the conspiracies that
00:35
roswell there's a lot of alien bodies in
00:37
there anything like that
00:38
can you tell me the truth you're an
00:39
you're on intel committee is there
00:41
anything in there
00:42
all i can say is i've never seen the
00:44
bodies in roswell bigger thing to worry
00:46
about
00:46
if it's a foreign government or if it's
00:48
aliens oh
00:50
option b much bigger than you think the
00:52
aliens would be worse
00:53
uh i i cannot imagine if we have
00:58
uh if there is a foreign government that
01:02
had
01:02
these kinds of capabilities i think we
01:04
would see
01:06
other indications of advanced technology
01:09
i can't imagine that
01:13
that what has been described or or shown
01:16
in some of the videos
01:17
is of uh belongs to any government that

01:22
i'm aware of i'm not really a betting
01:24
man
01:26
but the way these things
01:30
operate you know they certainly you
01:33
wouldn't want a human
01:34
being or any living creature in

01:37
something that
01:38
moves that fast and changes direction
01:41
that quickly
01:43
so like i said i have no idea what it is
01:46
but i think we should figure it out

I'm not sure I'd describe this as an interview but he's certainly echoing the same narrative we've heard from a wide array of politicians and government officials at this point. Over and over these people have made reference to objects operating in ways that are unexplainable in the context of conventional aeronautics. Curiously, none of the "leaked" (I don't think they were actual leaks) videos or photos show anything remarkable in terms of flight characteristics. Where are all these people getting these ideas? Are they the victim of the same speculation and whimsy as the online UFO fans? Are they being lied to? It's an interesting story no matter what is going on.

He's on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. He's not just any other Senator. He participated in classified briefings and has access to all confidential reports/information. He is basically telling us the current assessment by the US intelligence community / armed forces.

They don't know what is going on.

He's on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. He's not just any other Senator. He participated in classified briefings and has access to all confidential reports/information. He is basically telling us the current assessment by the US intelligence community / armed forces.
That doesn't mean he has any expertise in the subjects at hand. Committees are filled for reasons of politics, not of expertise. He would have to rely on the expertise of those giving the briefings. And if those giving the briefings are under the influence of a small cabal of charlatans, as appears to be the case, then he's going to parrot their conclusions. I think you have too much confidence in these guys' ability to apply critical thinking skills in such a situation.

They don't know what is going on.
Yeah, that's the problem. They don't know what's going on, when it's pretty clear to those of us with a modicum of critical thinking skills that based on the available evidence, there's no there there. While it's possible that they're getting all kinds of compelling evidence of exotic phenomena behind closed doors, I very much doubt it, and frankly I also doubt their judgement in weighing the evidence in these cases.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the problem. They don't know what's going on, when it's pretty clear to those of us with a modicum of critical thinking skills that based on the available evidence, there's no there there. While it's possible that they're getting all kinds of compelling evidence of exotic phenomena behind closed doors, I very much doubt it, and frankly I also doubt their judgement in weighing the evidence in these cases.

Is your position that the people giving briefings to committees, Congress, Obama, etc. are either falsifying information to make it seem a little more fantastic than it really is or they're somehow more inept than the people on this forum when it comes to analyzing data?

I suppose it would be helpful to know just who is disseminating these ideas to the people in power who have commented. Are we talking about 'serious' researchers and scientists or is it still the same small circle of Bigelow/Puthoff attached personalities... the UFO True Believers, if you will.

What I find interesting is that the common thread in these comments, that 'something' moves in ways that can't be explained, is not supported by any of the videos or images that the public has been privy to in any conceivable way.

Is your position that the people giving briefings to committees, Congress, Obama, etc. are either falsifying information to make it seem a little more fantastic than it really is or they're somehow more inept than the people on this forum when it comes to analyzing data?
A little out of column A, a little out of column B. (Though I wouldn't say "falsifying" - I think "sensationalizing" is more like it)

I suppose it would be helpful to know just who is disseminating these ideas to the people in power who have commented. Are we talking about 'serious' researchers and scientists or is it still the same small circle of Bigelow/Puthoff attached personalities... the UFO True Believers, if you will.
Mostly column B.

What I find interesting is that the common thread in these comments, that 'something' moves in ways that can't be explained, is not supported by any of the videos or images that the public has been privy to in any conceivable way.
It's certainly suggestive, isn't it?

Honestly it feels like all the same conflation of Kevin Day, Chad Underwood and David Favor's account with the 3 original Navy videos that have never really been properly analysed in public by anyone outside of this forums and a select few others.

That doesn't mean he has any expertise in the subjects at hand.

According to his biography at https://www.heinrich.senate.gov/biography, his pre-political career went as follows.
According to his biographical information at :
After completing a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Missouri, Heinrich and his wife, Julie, moved to Albuquerque where he began his career as a contractor working on directed energy technology at Phillips Laboratories, which is now Air Force Research Laboratory at Kirtland Air Force Base. Heinrich later served in AmeriCorps for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and was the Executive Director of the Cottonwood Gulch Foundation. He also led the Coalition for New Mexico Wilderness and founded a small public affairs consulting firm.
(Wikipedia alludes to unspecified post-graduate courses not mentioned here.) My hunch is that this would make him have more knowledge about some aspects of what is and is not possible in current engineering than the average Senator, but not necessarily what I'd call expertise, depending on what he actually DID while contracting at Kirtland AFB. What he's learned on the subject on his own, or through briefings in Congress, I can't speculate about.

According to his biography at https://www.heinrich.senate.gov/biography, his pre-political career went as follows.

(Wikipedia alludes to unspecified post-graduate courses not mentioned here.) My hunch is that this would make him have more knowledge about some aspects of what is and is not possible in current engineering than the average Senator, but not necessarily what I'd call expertise, depending on what he actually DID while contracting at Kirtland AFB. What he's learned on the subject on his own, or through briefings in Congress, I can't speculate about.
Good find! I think your hunch is probably correct. I'll also add that having technical knowledge doesn't necessarily inoculate one against belief in nonsense, or enhance one's critical thinking skills - see e.g. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Engineers_and_woo.

Last edited:
Back