Claim: Finding of potentially chemiluminescent compound in soil proves aliens landed

In 1971, Delphos Kansas, a 16 year old farm boy claimed to have seen a hovering aircraft. The only evidence left was an alleged glowing ring where the UFO had been.

46 years later, in 2017, the daily express reported the findings of Dr. Frauk (who has stated that he had a great interest in the UFO phenomena). He was able to get a sample whilst in Nottingham university.

According to his findings, placing water on the soil was like placing it on glass. He was unable to fully identify the compound within it but said that it is "a highly water-soluble organic compound which is potentially chemiluminescent”.

He came up with 3 possible conclusions. Either it’s a hoax, the ring was a fairy ring or it was an alien craft.

He rejected the former two theories and concluded that the alien craft one makes the most sense.

This was his conclusion on the findings:
Scientific journals rejected his findings because it was, apparently, an inappropriate subject matter despite the fact that he posses physical and chemical evidence.

I’ve looked into Dr Faruk however I couldn’t find much, I was only able to find the book he published in 2014. In addition to that, he’s a chemist who got his B.Sc and Ph.D at Queen Mary college (London based university).

I managed to find an article which details Faruk’s investigation as well has his attempt to get his findings published. In it, he even spoke to Seth Shostak from SETI to discuss his findings. He was rejected.

But yeah, aside from a published book, there really is not much to Dr. Faruk’s investigation of the incident. To me it seems like a leap in logic to assume because some compound like that was found, it must have been aliens. I’m not a chemist but one would think that there are more coherent explanations that don’t require such an extraordinary claim.

Whilst I think that what he found may have been a compound, I think it’s unjustified to say that it must have been aliens. Faruk makes somewhat of a false trilemma, saying that it must be one of the three options, and because the two don’t show much evidence, it must mean the third assumption is correct. Although, aside from eye witness reports, there isn’t evidence to conclude that alien spaceship is more favourable.

I have a feeling like confirmation bias may have clouded Dr. Faruk’s judgement.

That’s my analysis from a logical perspective, however, when it comes to science, physics and chemistry, I’m not sure how to analyse this.

what do you guys think?

sources:
Daily Express article
De Void article

Last edited by a moderator:
After a bit more research I found this interesting note

Source

What do you guys think? The question for me still remains, if this explanation is more possible, why would a Doctor with a Ph.D risk his reputation to assume that aliens have landed?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
According to his findings, placing water on the soil was like placing it on glassy.
What does "glassy" mean?

He came up with 3 possible conclusions. Either it’s a hoax, the ring was a fairy ring or it was an alien craft.

He rejected the former two theories and concluded that the alien craft one makes the most sense.
How did he reject the first two, and the "something else as yet unknown" conclusion?

What does "glassy" mean?

Sorry, was meant to say glass. Basically it was like putting water on glass, it apparently didn’t soak up into the dirtiest floate off it

How did he reject the first two, and the "something else as yet unknown" conclusion?
Within the article his reasoning is explained

DavidB66

Me no chemist, but can the same substance have a 'profound water repellant nature' and be 'highly water soluble'? (both terms used in the press report).

deirdre

Senior Member.
Me no chemist, but can the same substance have a 'profound water repellant nature' and be 'highly water soluble'? (both terms used in the press report).
these pic s are of the soil 27 years later, where Faruk did his tests 6 years after the "sighting". but i imagine the "water soluble part" is this stuff marked vs all the soil that didnt dissolve (which is basically what most garden soil does when you stick it in a jar of water and stir it good).

1598918337568.png

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/Budinger/UT001.pdf

ps. if you ever find bird poop on soil, scoop it up and save it. then you can buy his book to see what his samples looked like and wait 6 years then shake up your bird poop soil sample. or you can save it for 27 years and see if it looks like the above test tubes. :)

add: apparently different degrees of water repellant soil is a fairly common thing (although you'd probably need the original bird poop layer to get the beaded-water-on-glass effect, which as far as i could find only happened on site)

https://www.handyman.net.au/how-treat-water-repellent-soil

these pic s are of the soil 27 years later, where Faruk did his tests 6 years after the "sighting". but i imagine the "water soluble part" is this stuff marked vs all the soil that didnt dissolve (which is basically what most garden soil does when you stick it in a jar of water and stir it good).

View attachment 41529

ps. if you ever find bird poop on soil, scoop it up and save it. then you can buy his book to see what his samples looked like and wait 6 years then shake up your bird poop soil sample. or you can save it for 27 years and see if it looks like the above test tubes. :)

add: apparently different degrees of water repellant soil is a fairly common thing (although you'd probably need the original bird poop layer to get the beaded-water-on-glass effect, which as far as i could find only happened on site)

https://www.handyman.net.au/how-treat-water-repellent-soil

So, this has a natural explanation (with all the chicken droppings and all) that doesn't require stuff like UFOs, Occam's razor also favours the non-paranormal explanation.

There's no evidence to suggest a UFO (aside from eye witness accounts which are far from solid, empirical evidence).

It makes me wonder why people prefer to spread bunk instead of thinking more critically about it. Is it confirmation bias? They want to believe in something so much that they'll draw any flawed conclusions from evidence that doesn't support it?

Saddens me if I'm honest :/

deirdre

Senior Member.
So, this has a natural explanation

i don't know. the 1999 chemical analysis says there would be uric acid traces if bird manure, but i couldnt find any source to tell me when and if uric acid degrades or turns into some other compound after 27 years. and obviously i didnt buy Faruk's book so i dont know what his analysis (done in 1977) showed.. basically i dont know enough about chemistry to see if the claim of evidence ..that isnt presented in this thread.. shows natural phenomenon or not.

the lady who did the 1999 analysis said

and another guy somewhere (i didnt care enough to save all the links) said there was fungus in the sample but not enough fungus. and that fungus typically spreads but this ring didnt spread in 6 years. although how he knows that i dont know since Faruk didnt get his samples from the ring, he used samples collected 2 months after the "ufo" that some university saved.

Usually MB examines specific claims of evidence. But i couldnt find Faruks evidence free online.
The only evidence i could find is those soil samples analyzed 27 years after the "ufo". and i couldnt find chicken manure chemical breakdowns anywhere.. although they sell it as fertilizer so that info might be somewhere online. looks like a big business item. some sites are calling it "chicken litter".

i did though discover chicken feeders can look like ufos.. so that will be a new option when looking at ufo photos :)
1598991239171.png

, but i couldnt find any source to tell me when and if uric acid degrades or turns into some other compound after 27 years.

All I found was that uric acid degrades into urea.

Source

Urea degrades into cyanate and ammounium ions.

Source

Cyanate degrades into carbon dioxide and ammonia.

Source

Ammonia decomposes into Nitrogen and Hydrogen

Source

And Nitrogen is soaked up into plants, crops and the likes.

Source

I couldn't find the length of time it would take for this degradtion/decompsition process to take place and, again, I'm no chemist but still some food for thought.

i did though discover chicken feeders can look like ufos.. so that will be a new option when looking at ufo photos :)

Chicken feeders do look like UFOs haha, if I were to make any speculations it'd be that the family saw the ring, saw the chicken feeder and either the UFO assumption came out of frivolous logic or it was done as a hoax for publicity.

deirdre

Senior Member.
of course today with a quick new search i found some more informative accounts. ex: it was 32 days they took the samples used by everyone. and the boy won a 5,000$ prize in the National Enquirer ufo contest that was going on (first prize was 50k, so the national enquirer wasnt too impressed)

note 32 days would be Dec. 4th
http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=1233

and a bit about luminescent fungus.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337927180_Close_Encounters_of_the_Fungal_Kind

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
P Claim: UFO Black Knight Satellite spotted over Philippines UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 2
Mick West Explained: Trump's Claim of Suspicious Early Morning Michigan Bump [It's Detroit] Election 2020 1
Mick West Claim: R-Squared Coefficient of Determination as a Election Fraud Signal Election 2020 5
Akton Claim: Ballots in Wayne County were run through the tabulator and counted as many as 4-5 times Election 2020 16
Mick West Trump's Claim that "THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS." Election 2020 6
P Claim: Authorities supressed alleged UFO findings of a reporter of the 1965 Kecksburg crash UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
M Claim: Hints of life on Venus: Scientists detect phosphine molecules in high cloud decks UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 20
Shade sitter Claim: Covid vaccine gives you "Serpent" DNA/marks you 666 Coronavirus COVID-19 9
P Claim: Ronald Reagan warned the world of aliens/alien invasion UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
P Claim: Man took photo of an alien spacecraft in 2016 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 21
Arugula Claim: Only 6% of COVID deaths are "real" - the rest died due to comorbidities Coronavirus COVID-19 11
M Claim: UFO performs sharp maneuver after laser pointer directly hits craft UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 20
Critical Thinker Claim: Correlations Between Media Preference and Coronavirus Infection Rates Coronavirus COVID-19 11
L Claim: NASA is doctoring an image [Scanner Dirt] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
Z.W. Wolf Claim: Martin Gugino Was Using a "Police Tracker." Conspiracy Theories 42
Rory Claim: A dog in Manchester could sense its owner's return by unknown means UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 21
jarlrmai Claim: UFO following jet into landing at JFK on 11/11/19 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
Dingo Claim: U.S. Covid-19 Deaths are being Artificially Inflated Coronavirus COVID-19 38
W Claim: The Heart Is Not A Pump Health and Quackery 6
J Another sun path claim Flat Earth 4
J Claim sun paths prove flat earth Flat Earth 41
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
Rory Claim: Spanish flu caused by radio waves Coronavirus COVID-19 3
J [False] Claim that Scale Model of 2017 Eclipse Disproves the Heliocentric Model Flat Earth 29
Rory Claim: UK Coronavirus Bill (HC Bill 122) means "bad things" Coronavirus COVID-19 9
Mick West Claim: China Mobile loses 8.116 Million subscribers because of Coronavirus Coronavirus COVID-19 2
Agent K Claim: Harvey Weinstein has coronavirus Coronavirus COVID-19 9
Mick West Claim: Julian Assange offered pardon to "Lie" for Trump Current Events 20
Jesse3959 FE Claim Debunked: JTolan Epic Gravity Experiment - Flat earther disproves Perspective! (or his instruments.) Flat Earth 0
Wiggles Claim: Distant Objects Being Obscured Is Due To the "Mirror Blocking" Effect of Inferior Mirages Flat Earth 7
Mick West Claim: Section 13.1 on Vaccine Inserts Removed to Hide that Vaccines not Tested to Cause Cancer Conspiracy Theories 7
Rory Claim: footage of Great South Bay Bridge supports flat earth Flat Earth 11
mudr0 Claim: Australia was not visible from the moon for Apollo 11 Broadcasts Conspiracy Theories 7
Z.W. Wolf Claim: Moon Passing The Meridian Disproves Globe Earth Flat Earth 0
Z.W. Wolf Claim: Seeing The Same Stars All Year Disproves Globe Earth Flat Earth 20
Mick West Claim: Fertility Clinics are a new thing (David Icke) Conspiracy Theories 12
Rory Claim: Nasa' in Hebrew means "to deceive" Flat Earth 11
Leifer Claim: magnetic dust on cars proves chemtrail fallout Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Neil Obstat Claim: zooming in on setting sun proves flat earth Flat Earth 23
Marin B Claim: Passenger luggage limited to make room for chemical tanks Contrails and Chemtrails 15
MikeG Claim: DC officials are "flocking" to "Doomsday Camps" Conspiracy Theories 4
StarGazer Convex Earth Claim: Ships Disappear Below The Horizon Due To A Optical Phenomena Flat Earth 3
Nth Claim: 146 Mile Microwave Transmission Proves Flat Earth Flat Earth 26
FlightMuj Apollo 12 photo analysis shows Sun as bulb [claim] Conspiracy Theories 19
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Missing from Bureau of Transportation Departure Report 9/11 12
ConfusedHominid Need Debunking (Claim): Metabunk Curve Calculator Does Not Calculate for Angular Size Flat Earth 13
derwoodii Claim Melania Trump has a double, will the real 1st lady please stand up Conspiracy Theories 11
StarGazer Claim: First Image of Space Taken from V-2 Rocket Proves the Earth is Flat Flat Earth 17
Z.W. Wolf Claim: The Moon's Shadow During The Solar Eclipse Disproves Sphere Earth Flat Earth 97
B Claim: Flu vaccine from multi-dose vials Use Too Much Mercury Health and Quackery 19
Related Articles

Related Articles