Can debunking become an obsession??

David Fraser

Senior Member.
Just for a grounding I have not worked in the environmental field for a number of years. When I did it was academia and I worked on loads of projects mainly marine and water based. My Phd was on the viability of close shore windfarms as potential cod or haddock farms (the answer was No, could have saved a few hundred thousand words). Anyway I was introduced to chemtrails by a friend and to be frank I have been quite obsessive abot it. I had a stroke last year and can no longer work as a counsellor as I nod in the wrong places or just say "What did you just say?".

However reading the stuff on chemtrails really grabbed me and I have spent a great deal of time on research, but only one area and that of Aluminium and Barium. I have found myself searching for data and processing it all. I do believe that there MAY be a potential toxicity of Aluminium and I have followed the Camelford polltion incident reliosly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelford_water_pollution_incident

Cut to the chase I ended up getting data from a friend on air quality (as a side line I often process data for folk) after the volcanic activity in Iceland and after that I have jst been compiling data, admittedly Aluminiumpblicly available. I was chatting with someone and we seem to have a good deal of data for a possible paper on the present state of Al and Ba as I have data on air, water, food, soil blah blah blah.

I have a great deal of information and I am in the process of sorting a webpage with it all. I do live with bi-polar and even my kids have said this is NOT a flying idea. I have become transfixed by the issue. NOT disproving it but looking at the evidence and science.

Get to the point. I have spent more time than a normal person would for a normal job so am I obsessed?

I think it's good to have a hobby! :)

Hasn't aluminum been connected with Alzheimer's disease? I can remember back in the 70s when my grandmother was diagnosed with it, people talked about not using deodorant that contained aluminum because aluminum caused Alzheimers. Also, aluminum cookware is no longer used unless it is clad. So I would be interested in your up coming web site.

I am fascinated by chemtrails because psychology fascinates me. Be it chemtrails, cults, hoaxes, whatever the human mind is involved in processing, I am fascinated with it. My husband and his father are also bi polar, so I know how things can become all consuming.

Ok here is what I found quickly

http://alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=99

Evidence linking aluminium and Alzheimer's disease

The hypothesis that there is a link between aluminium and Alzheimer's disease was first put forward in the 1960s (Terry and Pena 1965, Klatzo et al 1965). Since then, researchers have claimed a number of other circumstantial links between aluminium and Alzheimer's disease, as follows:

Aluminium has been shown to be associated both with plaques and with tangles in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease (Crapper et al 1976). However, the presence of aluminium does not mean that the aluminium was the causal factor − it is more likely to be a harmless secondary association.
Some have claimed that people with Alzheimer's disease have a higher than average level of aluminium in their brains. However, other studies find no difference between the overall amount of aluminium in the brains of people with Alzheimer's and the amount in normal brains (Trapp et al 1978).
Studies of other sources of aluminium, such as tea, antacid medications and antiperspirants have also failed to show a positive association with Alzheimer's disease (Flaten and Odegård 1988).
People with kidney failure are unable to excrete aluminium, and yet they frequently have to be treated with compounds that contain aluminium. Aluminium accumulates in nerve cells that are particularly vulnerable in Alzheimer's disease. However, even after years of high exposure to aluminium, patients with kidney failure are no more likely to develop dementia or the hallmark pathological changes of Alzheimer's disease (Netter et al 1990).
Treatment with desferrioxamine (DFO), a drug which binds aluminium and removes it from the body, also has a major effect on iron stores in the body. Therefore the effects of DFO may have nothing to do with aluminium (Gomez et al 1998).
There have been many experimental studies on animals and on isolated cells showing that aluminium has toxic effects on the nervous system, but in almost all cases the doses of aluminium used were much higher than those occurring naturally in tissues (Gitelman 1988).
Content from External Source
The expert view on aluminium

Since the idea that the metal might be a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease was first proposed there have been numerous conferences on aluminium and health. The medical research community, international and government regulatory agencies and the aluminium industry all review the evidence at frequent intervals. The overwhelming medical and scientific opinion is that the findings outlined above do not convincingly demonstrate a causal relationship between aluminium and Alzheimer's disease, and that no useful medical or public health recommendations can be made − at least at present (Massey and Taylor 1989).
Content from External Source
It seems that it really isn't. I had never been convinced of that, I am still using my mom's club aluminum cookware. One skillet (my deep fryer) was a wedding present to my parents in 1947

I am still using my mom's club aluminum cookware.
Just don't cook rhubarb, tomatoes, spinach, greens with lemon, material with light organic acids in them. You'll be fine. That's what we said until we went all stainless and cast iron. :)

Back