Boston Bombing - Initial reactions

Now THIS might affect people like me:
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...-attack-bomb-making-101-available-online?lite
Whoever planned and carried out the deadly bombing of the Boston Marathon may have had plenty of help, experts say, from the Internet.

“Every aspect of a terrorist attack is now managed or researched” in some way using the Internet, said Scott Borg, director and chief economist of the U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit, an independent research institute that assesses cyber threats.
“That's where people figure out what their target is, how to go after the target, it's how they learn how to make bombs, it's how they coordinate their activities with each other,” he told NBC News’ Lisa Myers in an interview.

But he adds that the same websites and chat rooms that would-be jihadists use in their planning can also be a hunting ground for the U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials looking for whoever built the Boston pressure cooker bombs.
The intelligence community is already at work there, experts say – watching for signs of imminent attacks, but also sowing disinformation and altering recipes for bombs.

“Law enforcement actively attempts to post content on these websites,” said Esposito. “They use all the investigative tools that are now available to them to thwart the terrorists online.”

So far, those methods have been very effective. And experts say the easy availability of bomb-making formulas does not seem to have increased the frequency of attacks. But they worry it may be making the successful ones more lethal.

Content from External Source
Two things - restrictions on content like bomb maing can have additional affects restricting freedom of speech. And the discussion of the intelligence services infiltrating chat rooms reinforces the idea that debunkers are all paid shills, making my debunking harder.

How many copies of the 'Anarchist's Cookbook' were published?

In fact it and U.S. Army Improvised Munitions Handbook and others are available on Amazon.

Adding things that will become shrapnel doesn't need anything more than news reports.

Authorities arrest suspect in Boston bombings, source says
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

While CNN and Fox are confirming an arrest, NBC is emphatically denying that an arrest has been made, stating that only a possible suspect has been identified in video. It's always an interesting moment when the networks are explicitly contradicting each other.

Edited to Add at 2:30 EDT:
Both CNN and Fox have just walked back their claims of an arrest, more in lines with NBC's claim that no arrest has been made, and that the suspect may not even have been definitively IDed.

It's better to be correct than be first.

It's not that unusual for nobody to claim responsibility; cast your mind back to the Atlanta Olympic bombings, how long was it before Rudolph admitted he was responsible? Not until he was eventually caught. The fact that nobody has claimed responsibility might indicate that there is no political terrorist organisation behind it. For example; the Provisional IRA in Ireland, ETA in the Basque Country, Hizbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in Palestine, Al Qaida wherever - all were generally quick to claim responsibility because the whole point of their campaigns was to get public attention for their cause. But lone nut-jobs, they're a different thing altogether (the Una-Bomber excepted).

Also any identification of the act to a political movement will effectively destroy it, both in the minds of the people and in authoritarian response.
There's not much to gain from claiming responsibility based on ideology here.

The pressure cookers were filled with nails, ball bearings and black powder, and the devices were triggered by “kitchen-type” egg timers, one official said.
Egg timer? How long can an egg timer be set for? And would it have to be inside the cooker? So someone had to reach in, place the timer, and seal it back up again fairly close to the bomb being placed. Obviously they would have done this in a bathroom.
Depending how long the timer can be set for of course.

The pressure cookers were filled with nails, ball bearings and black powder, and the devices were triggered by “kitchen-type” egg timers, one official said.
Egg timer? How long can an egg timer be set for? And would it have to be inside the cooker? So someone had to reach in, place the timer, and seal it back up again fairly close to the bomb being placed. Obviously they would have done this in a bathroom.

"egg-timer" is a little ambiguous here. A mechanical timer is often anything up to an hour, but more modern digital timer can be used more like a stop watch or digital clock.

All of these come under the egg timer umbrella.

It would not need to be inside the cooker, you could just drill holes for wires, and glue the timer to the side or top.

It would not need to be inside the cooker, you could just drill holes for wires, and glue the timer to the side or top.

Pressure cookers come with built in holes. A small one for the steam to escape and a larger one with a rubber plug that acts as an emergency pop off valve. Pop the rubber plug out run your wiring and seal it all up with some epoxy and a steel slug. These bombs took very little technical skill and only basic electrical wiring knowledge.

Not sure this is accurate I dont watch hannity but this was on my YT favorites .

One of the photos was taken after the explosion, they still have their backpacks - also they appear to be part of a security group as there are other people there wearing the same outfit, seen running around after.

Well I found this in my inbox today, wrapping all the worst recent incidents into some form of government conspiracy.

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/is-the-boston-pressure-cooker-bomb-a-lie-and-a-hoax/

The gist of this is that the photo of the pressure cooker lid with no holes is impossible and thus proof of false flag, just like you guessed it OKC, 9/11 and yes Newtown, sigh.... This guy and the Natural News guy are tied in to the same type of folks. They just keep on this stuff no matter what...

I can't even follow what argument he is making in this video. Is it that they can't use the videos, that are already in circulation, as evidence?

I saw somewhere they were with the DHS, nevermind the logical inconsistency that the perpetrators of this vast coverup would be so easily spotted on camera. Just like Sandy Hook, the suggestion that such a false flag would be so sloppily carried out and - go figure - the methodical, unbiased truther community saw right through should give people a big clue.

blargo said:
Well I found this in my inbox today, wrapping all the worst recent incidents into some form of government conspiracy.

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/20...ie-and-a-hoax/

The gist of this is that the photo of the pressure cooker lid with no holes is impossible and thus proof of false flag, just like you guessed it OKC, 9/11 and yes Newtown, sigh.... This guy and the Natural News guy are tied in to the same type of folks. They just keep on this stuff no matter what...

For just $125, you too can exit the matrix with Jon's help ;)

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/is-the-boston-pressure-cooker-bomb-a-lie-and-a-hoax/

The gist of this is that the photo of the pressure cooker lid with no holes is impossible and thus proof of false flag

Quite nonsensical, as the pressure cooker would rupture, and the explosion and ball bearings would fly out of the rupture, not pepper the lit with holes.

Quite nonsensical, as the pressure cooker would rupture, and the explosion and ball bearings would fly out of the rupture, not pepper the lit with holes.

But Mick, the NIST hasn't tested the lid for explosive residue.... (Sarcasm intended!) .... and as the lid wasn't found by a law enforcement official it's obviously a plant. (Sarcasm x 2)

Just a note about this. Smokeless powder (not reloading powder...whatever that is) would be a very poor choice for any explosive device...except possibly a pipe bomb of some sort. Smokeless powder is not an explosive....it just burns. If it is not contained in a very small strong space (like the cartridge and chamber of a firearm)...it just burns rapidly. In something like a pressure cooker (which isn't all that strong) it would probably rupture a weak spot or the lid and then shoot a jet of flame and hot gases out. It would never propel any nails or ball bearings with any lethal force. Gunpowder or black powder is a low grade explosive and would be more likely. I don't know if the modern replacements for black powder such as Pyrodex are quite the same.

I once ignited about 8oz of smokeless powder when I was moving (just didn't want to deal with packaging and shipping) and there was less of a flash or noise than what you see in an old movie where a photographer is taking a portrait with the container held over his head to provide light. I lit the pile with a trail of powder from 5ft away and it basically just went pfffffftttttt over a period of about a second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back