Bill Gates and Polio Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grieves

[Thread split off from https://www.metabunk.org/threads/515-Illuminati/page3]

They have invested over $1.5 Billion in eradicating polio, and are on track to actually do this within the decade.
Many multiple charitable organizations are committed to the cause of eradicating polio. the B&M Gates foundation can by no means claim responsibility should it come to pass. Their contribution is still commendable, as is their donations to AIDS and Malaria R&D, but its still beneath the means of their charity, and there are terribly pressing issues in the world right now that could, indeed, be soothed or even solved by 'throwing money at them'. The plight of American college students is one of them, to an extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many multiple charitable organizations are committed to the cause of eradicating polio. the B&M Gates foundation can by no means claim responsibility should it come to pass. Their contribution is still commendable, as is their donations to AIDS and Malaria R&D, but its still beneath the means of their charity, and there are terribly pressing issues in the world right now that could, indeed, be soothed or even solved by 'throwing money at them'. The plight of American college students is one of them, to an extent.

The Gates foundation Polio Vaccine has Paralyzed over 48,000 Children in India and caused Neurological disorders and over 50 Children in Chad paralyzed after the Meningitis "vaccine" compliments of the Bill and Melinda Gates "foundation". His father was a known Eugenicist and head of Planned Parenthood who's soul Mission is to slow down and reverse the birthrate of African Americans and Native American Indians.

The Gates foundation Polio Vaccine has Paralyzed over 48,000 Children in India and caused Neurological disorders and over 50 Children in Chad paralyzed after the Meningitis "vaccine" compliments of the Bill and Melinda Gates "foundation". His father was a known Eugenicist and head of Planned Parenthood who's soul Mission is to slow down and reverse the birthrate of African Americans and Native American Indians.

Any links to back that up?

Listen, I'm skeptical about the Gates/polio being true, but I'm not willing to discount it out of hand. Unfortunately, a video from infowars of him NOT denying it is not substantial enough to sway me. Hard data. Where can I find references documenting this? A google search turned up nothing more than you present here. Give me something that is not just accusations and hearsay.

Listen, I'm skeptical about the Gates/polio being true, but I'm not willing to discount it out of hand. Unfortunately, a video from infowars of him NOT denying it is not substantial enough to sway me. Hard data. Where can I find references documenting this? A google search turned up nothing more than you present here. Give me something that is not just accusations and hearsay.

Did you watch the video? he is asked point blank and he does not deny his vaccines, if your not gonna watch it because it's not from a Left wing source then there's nothing I can do for you, watch it then decide.

I actually have him on film not denying that his vaccines have paralyzed over 48,000 children.

As far as I am aware every video on YT involved Bill Gates not denying that.

do you have anything on him actually ADMITTING it? Or any actual study of paralysis from polio vaccines??

This article says that 124 children were afflicted by vaccine induced paralysis in Nigeria in 2009, 62 in 2008, and 69 in 2007.

This year, the number of polio cases caused by the vaccine has doubled: 124 children have so far been paralyzed, compared to 62 in 2008, out of about 42 million children vaccinated. For every case of paralysis, there are hundreds of other children who don't develop symptoms, but pass on the disease.
Content from External Source

Did you watch the video? he is asked point blank and he does not deny his vaccines, if your not gonna watch it because it's not from a Left wing source then there's nothing I can do for you, watch it then decide.

Yes, his answer was 'No, no', and then he went on to talk about the goals of the program. Once again, if all these over seas media outlets are covering this, point me to them. I don't want a left wing source, I want an unbiased source.

Yes, his answer was 'No, no'

Exactly - there is no evidene that "his" vaccines have paralysed 48,000 children.

, and then he went on to talk about the goals of the program. Once again, if all these over seas media outlets are covering this, point me to them. I don't want a left wing source, I want an unbiased source.

so why did you use infowars??

As far as I am aware every video on YT involved Bill Gates not denying that.

do you have anything on him actually ADMITTING it? Or any actual study of paralysis from polio vaccines??

This article says that 124 children were afflicted by vaccine induced paralysis in Nigeria in 2009, 62 in 2008, and 69 in 2007.

This year, the number of polio cases caused by the vaccine has doubled: 124 children have so far been paralyzed, compared to 62 in 2008, out of about 42 million children vaccinated. For every case of paralysis, there are hundreds of other children who don't develop symptoms, but pass on the disease.

The next paragraph:

When Nigerian leaders suspended polio vaccination in 2003, believing the vaccine would sterilize their children and infect them with HIV, Nigeria exported polio to nearly two dozen countries worldwide, making it as far away as Indonesia.
The oral vaccine has always carried a risk of infection, but it was an acceptable risk considering the alternative. I remember receiving the oral vaccine as a child.

Exactly - there is no evidene that "his" vaccines have paralysed 48,000 children.

so why did you use infowars??

I didn't use infowars, cheeple did. I was just being polite and watching the video to give his argument an opportunity to convince me. :cool:

infowars is not a 'left wing' source. It is a conspiracy theory source

How many children would have been paralyzed by polio

I didn't use infowars, cheeple did. I was just being polite and watching the video to give his argument an opportunity to convince me. :cool:

sorry :(

The shource of the 48,00 figure appears to be this article on pubmed (which is referenced in an article by Mercola lambasting polio vaccines), which says:

Furthermore, while India has been polio-free for a year, there has been a huge increase in non-polio acute flaccid paralysis (NPAFP). In 2011, there were an extra 47,500 new cases of NPAFP. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly, the incidence of NPAFP was directly proportional to doses of oral polio received. Though this data was collected within the polio surveillance system, it was not investigated. The principle of primum-non-nocere was violated.
As noted in this article the Indian cases are strongly geographically corelated in 2 states, and the occurence of NPAFP is also strongly correlated with more than 6 shots of OPV per year - maybe over-zealouness is to blame here??

This article argues that is the case - erradication may actually have a negative effect unless vaccination continues because herd immunity will decrease once the 3 year window of OPV vaccination ceases (ie stop vaccinating 3 years after last case is found) - and the expensive injected vaccine cannot be afforded.

Here is some more on the 'vaccine caused' paralysis in India

This is an Indian publication

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120116/jsp/frontpage/story_15011108.jsp#.UT6lyfJPdcU

Public health experts also estimate that between 100 and 180 children in India develop vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year, a rare but serious side effect of the OPV they had received to protect them from the wild poliovirus. As opposed to VDPV infection, VAPP affects the vaccinated children themselves.

“Our war on polio isn’t over,” said T. Jacob John, a former head of virology at the Christian Medical College, Vellore.

“Even if India remains free of wild polio in 2012 and 2013, it will need to pencil a strategy to eradicate all of polio — including VDPV (infections) and VAPP.”

Paediatricians and public health experts emphasise that it is the OPV alone that has helped India achieve the current zero level of wild polio — after thousands of infections each year during the 1980s and 1990s.

“It is the OPV that is even now preventing tens of thousands of children in India from getting polio every year. It is important to appreciate the huge number of cases this vaccine is averting,” said Hamid Jafari, head of the National Polio Surveillance Project, a joint initiative by the health ministry and the World Health Organisation.

Both VDPV infections and VAPP are long-recognised problems linked with the OPV, which is made from weakened but live viruses. Many countries, including America and Britain, have switched to an alternative, inactivated and injectible polio vaccine (IPV) made from killed viruses with no risk of vaccine-linked polio.

India’s public immunisation programme relies exclusively on the use of the OPV, and the IPV is used in India only in the private sector. The Indian Academy of Paediatrics recommends three doses of the IPV at six, ten and 14 weeks after birth, to be given along with routine doses of the OPV.

Now I found this working from the Pubmed link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11129888

"There are few cases of provocation, but a new phenomenon of aggravation by unnecessary intramuscular injections given to children with fever has been described. Such unnecessary injections are thought to be the cause of more severe paralysis in about 45% of cases and of converting a non-paralytic attack into paralysis in another 30% of the perhaps 200,000 cases in India each year. Aggravation is thought to be caused by a mechanism similar to the effects of physical activity. It is possible that massage might have a similar effect. Abscesses or their treatment may precipitate paralysis."

It seems that over vaccination may be the problem.

Also, I only find that 48,000 number linked back to the Pubmed article and it looks like it is found on conspiracy theory sites and and anti vaccine sites.

I spotted an Indian doctor commenting on one site, saying that some children were getting 20 dose of the OPV in one year.

I will concede the point some what, but I'm not sure that the blame can be laid solely on Bill Gates and his Foundation. It certainly needs investigated to find out why doctors are giving children so many doses, especially is such a short period of time. If it does turn out that the Foundation has been advising multiple doses in short periods, then something certainly needs to be done about it. It may also be that the doctors were overzealous, or possibly being paid per dose. It is also possible that parents thought it was best for their children and lied to doctors. Let's be reasonable and find out who is to blame.

The 48,000 cases of VAPP are tragic, but the elimination of polio is a noble cause to pursue.

I listen to BBC World at night and they recently covered a problem in India with doctors telling women that they had cancer and that they needed a hysterectomy. They were doing it for the money.

There is a lot of corruption in India, in government, in business and elsewhere. They are still developing methods to control it

I was in the beta testing for the polio injection, and among the earliest children to get the oral version also.

It seems that over vaccination may be the problem.

Also, I only find that 48,000 number linked back to the Pubmed article and it looks like it is found on conspiracy theory sites and and anti vaccine sites.

So FACT based Infowars yet again :)

But why keep giving people multiple doses of OPV when a single injection does the trick?

“In the states of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Bihar, which have pulse polio rounds nearly every month, the non-polio AFP rate is 25- and 35-fold higher than the international norms. The relationship of the non-polio AFP rate is curvilinear with a more steep increase beyond six doses of OPV in one year.”
A new report by two Delhi pediatricians suggests that the sharp rise in childhood paralysis in India is due to the increased usage of the oral polio vaccine, a drug that was banned in the U.S. over a decade ago.

Dr. Neetu Vashisht and Dr. Jacob Puliyel of St. Stephens Hospital created the report after analyzing data from India’s 10-year-old National Polio Surveillance Project, which is available online. Their findings, which were published in the Indian Journal of medical Ethics, revealed that rates of non-polio acute flaccid paralysis (NPAFP) have increased 1200% since the oral polio vaccine was introduced to India a decade ago. The oral polio vaccine contains a live polio virus and has been linked to polio-like paralysis. Polio vaccines used in other countries do not include the live virus, but polio vaccines used in India do. The doctors provided other troubling details in their report: “In 2011, there were an extra 47500 new cases of NPAFP [in India]. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly, the incidence of NPAFP was directly proportional to doses of oral polio received.”
Drug companies and regulators have long known about the harmful effects of the oral polio vaccine that includes the live virus. In 1976, vaccine inventor Jonas Salk admitted to the United States Congress that the live polio vaccine was the “principal if not sole cause” of all reported polio cases in the U.S. since 1961, according to Salem News.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/323371#ixzz2NKBnf9SO

Infowars is a left wing source?

But why keep giving people multiple doses of OPV when a single injection does the trick?

Maybe the parents think it's a good idea and bring them back over and over? Maybe the doctors are corrupt? What does overvaccination have to do with Bill Gates?

Maybe the parents think it's a good idea and bring them back over and over?

Not really logical is it? Much more likely they are told to come back as it is a 'course' of treatment, do you agree?

Maybe the doctors are corrupt?

More likely they are following instructions themselves. But why is the oral 'live' vaccine used, (or still manufactured even), when the dangers are known and a far more effective 'one shot vaccine' is available?

Seems wierd.

What does overvaccination have to do with Bill Gates?

Good question... anyone know the answer?

Sleeping sickness is another massive killer which has been treatable for over 50 years. At one time the drug, 'eflornithine' was quite widely available as it was used in cosmetics but when they stopped using it in cosmetics, manufacting of the drug effectively stopped as, (even though it was very cheap), Africans could not pay for it. The situation has improved slightly due to pressure on Pharma and a new range of facial hair remover.

There are errors in this article but you can get the drift here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/09/world/cosmetic-saves-a-cure-for-sleeping-sickness.html
A cure for sleeping sickness, a disease devastating parts of central Africa, may soon be available cheaply because it has a second, profitable use: it eliminates facial hair in women.The drug, eflornithine, is so effective at reviving even comatose patients that it is known as the resurrection drug.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and the Gillette Company have just introduced eflornithine in a facial cream, Vaniqa, and Bristol-Myers is close to an agreement with the World Health Organization and the medical charity Doctors Without Borders for the companies to make an injectable form to treat human African trypanosomiasis, better known as sleeping sickness.
The disease, spread by the bite of the tsetse fly, drives victims mad before killing them.
It was nearly conquered in colonial times but has again become epidemic in war-torn central Africa; about 300,000 people are infected each year.
It has been known for more than 10 years that eflornithine is a virtual miracle cure for trypanosomiasis, but stocks have run out because early hopes that it would help fight cancer have been dashed and medical production has stopped. The last 1,000 doses, held by Doctors Without Borders, could be used by June.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/health/research/08slee.html?_r=0

Last month, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation donated $19 million to the Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative to further one of its goals: finding a new drug for African sleeping sickness.
Not that $19 million will come close to doing that. Even if a miracle cure is found, it will take lab work and clinical trials that could easily cost $100 million to prove it is really a miracle and not the Vioxx of the African savannah.

It is almost a miracle that eflornithine is available. It was discovered in 1980 at Pace University in New York. By early 2000, the last 7,500 doses in the world were running out. The patentholder, a precursor of the drug maker Sanofi-Aventis, abandoned it in 1995 because it had not lived up to its anticancer potential. Then, in late 2000, plans to make a topical form emerged. It was the key ingredient in Vaniqa, a cream to prevent facial hair in women.

After critics accused Sanofi-Aventis of catering to vain rich women while letting poor Africans die, the company agreed to make an injectable form of the drug and now gives it free to the World Health Organization and Doctors Without Borders.

http://newint.org/features/2003/11/01/sleepingsickness/

It’s been called the most neglected disease in the world. And Big Pharma is doing what it can to keep it that way. Spring Gombe explains.

tsetse fly after which it is named are host to parasites called trypanosomes and they expose a tenth of the African population to the risk of sleeping sickness. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that each year 600,000 Africans will become infected. Because the majority live in rural, remote areas, most will die without being diagnosed – 45,000 deaths each year. The parasites can also kill livestock, so the flies pose an enormous risk to food security, too. Since 1970 a sleeping sickness epidemic has been raging in the tsetse belt. But because generally it does not pass from person to person (although it’s possible for mothers to pass it to unborn babies) and perhaps because it affects mainly rural communities, not much is heard of it.

Melarsoprol, invented in 1949, is arsenic dissolved in antifreeze – the last arsenical drug in the world. It isn’t available in the West and it wouldn’t pass a single modern ethical or drug-safety test. But it is being used in Africa because there isn’t much choice.

Eflornithine is much safer than melarsoprol. It is being made available in a number of countries in the tsetse belt through an agreement between Aventis (which owns the patent for the drug) and the WHO and is delivered by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). But the only reason eflornithine is available at all is because it’s the active ingredient in a cosmetic drug called Vaniqa, made by Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) and Gillette under license from Aventis. Vaniqa is used in Europe and North America by women who are concerned about ‘excessive facial hair’.
Here is a history of the treatments:

http://www.parasitesandvectors.com/content/3/1/15

First let's go back to the polio vaccine.

There are some very good reasons that the OPV is preferred in countries with wild virus present

http://www.polioeradication.org/Polioandprevention/Thevaccines/OralpoliovaccineOPV.aspx

Oral polio vaccine (OPV)

The oral polio vaccine (OPV) was developed in 1961 by Albert Sabin. Also called “trivalent oral polio vaccine” or “Sabin vaccine”, OPV consists of a mixture of live, attenuated (weakened) poliovirus strains of all three poliovirus types.

Boy receiving oral polio vaccine, Kano, Nigeria
The oral polio vaccine is simple to administer. A few drops, given multiple times, can protect a child for life.
WHO/Rod Curtis

OPV produces antibodies in the blood to all three types of poliovirus. In the event of infection, these antibodies protect against paralysis by preventing the spread of wild poliovirus to the nervous system.

OPV also produces a local, mucosal immune response in the mucous membrane of the intestines. In the event of infection, these mucosal antibodies limit the replication of the wild poliovirus inside the intestine. This intestinal immune response to OPV is thought to be the main reason why mass campaigns with OPV can rapidly stop person-to-person transmission of wild poliovirus.
Advantages

OPV is administered orally. It can be given by volunteers and does not require trained health workers or sterile injection equipment.
The vaccine is relatively inexpensive. In 2011, the cost of a single dose for public health programmes in developing countries was between 11 and 14 US cents.
OPV is safe, effective, and induces long-lasting immunity to all three types of poliovirus.
For several weeks after vaccination, the vaccine virus replicates in the intestine, is excreted in the faeces, and can be spread to others in close contact. This means that in areas where hygiene and sanitation are poor, immunization with OPV can result in the “passive” immunization of people who have not been directly vaccinated.

Disadvantages

Although OPV is safe and effective, in extremely rare cases (approx. 1 in every 2.7 million first doses of the vaccine) the live attenuated vaccine virus in OPV can cause paralysis. In some cases it is believed that this vaccine-associated paralytic polio (VAPP) may be triggered by immune deficiency.

The extremely low risk of VAPP is well known and accepted by most public health programmes in the world because without OPV, hundreds of thousands of children would be crippled every year.

A second disadvantage is that very rarely the virus in the vaccine may genetically change and start to circulate among a population. These viruses are known as circulating vaccine-derived polioviruses (cVDPV).

Safety

OPV is an extremely safe vaccine. All OPV used in supplementary immunization activities for the Global Polio Eradication Initiative is pre-qualified by WHO and procured through UNICEF. In 2006, WHO issued a statement to affirm the quality and safety of OPV.
A vial of OPV
Oral polio vaccine is usually provided in vials containing 10–20 doses of vaccine. A single dose is usually two drops
Efficacy

OPV is highly effective against all three types of wild poliovirus. When this vaccine is used however, there is competition among the three viruses to cause immunity, which results in protection but not with equal efficiency for each type: it is most effective against type 2.

One dose of OPV produces immunity to all three poliovirus serotypes in approximately 50% of recipients. Three doses produce immunity in more than 95% of recipients. Immunity is long-lasting and probably life-long.
Recommended use

In most countries, OPV remains the vaccine of choice in routine immunization schedules and supplementary immunization activities.

Where more than one type of wild poliovirus is circulating, OPV is epidemiologically and operationally the best vaccine to use because protection develops to each of the three types of polio virus.
So it has been chosen by the WHO, not Bill Gates and it was chosen for a purpose.

Now to the drug for sleeping sickness. Drug companies are NOT charities, they have to make money, or they cannot keep developing drugs. There is a problem with us depending on only drug companies for new drugs, some diseases get overlooked. A major area is vaccines, because they are costly to develop, and because, in general, they carry some risk, so there is the problem of law suits (that is why there is a government program to protect them). Also, they are often not cost effective to develop and produce, since they can not really return a profit to the company. Diseases that are not common in the developed world is another area where 'big pharma' does not work well.

We need a different way of paying for such drugs, either the government needs to pay for their development (Can you see trying to get a bill through Congress to spend millions or more on developing a drug for a disease that Americans don't generally get?) I have often wondered if a small 'tax' on prescription drugs would be possible, but again, that would be very hard to pass. Everyone from the AARP to the insurance companies to the states would fight it

First let's go back to the polio vaccine.

There are some very good reasons that the OPV is preferred in countries with wild virus present

http://www.polioeradication.org/Polioandprevention/Thevaccines/OralpoliovaccineOPV.aspx

Mike C quotes: "NPAFP is also strongly correlated with more than 6 shots of OPV per year", which is very interesting and IMHO that seems a very strange thing to do, especially in the light of the timetable listed below.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/polio-immunisation

Polio immunisation timetable

All children are offered polio immunisation as part of the routine immunisation programme. A full course of polio immunisation consists of five doses of vaccine as follows:

ChildrenAdults (who have not been immunised as a child)
Primary CourseThree doses of vaccine - as DTaP/IPV(polio)/Hib at two, three and four months of age.Three doses of vaccine - as Td/IPV(polio), each one month apart.
4th doseThree years after the primary course - as part of the DTaP/IPV(polio) pre-school booster at 3 years and four months to 5 years.5 years after the primary course - as Td/IPV(polio).
5th doseAged 13-18 years - the school leaver booster - as Td/IPV(polio).10 years after 4th dose - as Td/IPV(polio).
The primary course of three injections gives good protection for a number of years. The fourth and fifth doses ('boosters') are needed in later years to maintain protection. After the fifth dose, immunity remains for life and you do not need any further boosters (apart from some travel situations - see 'Travellers', below)
The following disadvantages seem quite sanitised or even disingenuous to me. (if that's ok :))
Disadvantages
Although OPV is safe and effective, in extremely rare cases (approx. 1 in every 2.7 million first doses of the vaccine) the live attenuated vaccine virus in OPV can cause paralysis. In some cases it is believed that this vaccine-associated paralytic polio (VAPP) may be triggered by immune deficiency.

The extremely low risk of VAPP is well known and accepted by most public health programmes in the world because without OPV, hundreds of thousands of children would be crippled every year.[/EX]

A second disadvantage is that very rarely the virus in the vaccine may genetically change and start to circulate among a population. These viruses are known as circulating vaccine-derived polioviruses (cVDPV).
http://www.immunizationinfo.org/vaccines/polio
Polio is caused by intestinal viruses that spread from person to person in stool and saliva. Most people infected with polio (approximately 95%) show no symptoms. Minor symptoms can include sore throat, low-grade fever, nausea, and vomiting. Some infected persons (1 to 2%) will have stiffness in the neck, back, or legs without paralysis. Less than 1% of polio infections (about 1 of every 1,000 cases) cause paralysis. In some cases, the poliovirus will paralyze the muscles used to breathe, leaving the victim unable to breathe on his or her own. Many paralyzed persons recover completely. Those who do recover from paralytic polio may be affected 30 to 40 years later, with muscle pain and progressive weakness.

Before the polio vaccine, 13,000 to 20,000 people were paralyzed by polio, and about 1,000 people died from it each year in the United States. Most of those infected were elementary school children so it was often called ‘infantile paralysis.’

Safety
OPV is an extremely safe vaccine. All OPV used in supplementary immunization activities for the Global Polio Eradication Initiative is pre-qualified by WHO and procured through UNICEF. In 2006, WHO issued a statement to affirm the quality and safety of OPV.

Given that "Before the polio vaccine, 13,000 to 20,000 people were paralyzed by polio, and about 1,000 people died from it each year in the United States", after spending all that money to have "an extra 47500 new cases of NPAFP [in India]. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly", appears to be a poor or even counterproductive investment.
A vial of OPV
Oral polio vaccine is usually provided in vials containing 10–20 doses of vaccine. A single dose is usually two drops
http://phys.org/news/2011-05-unicef-discloses-vaccine-prices-1st.html

UNICEF last year spent $757 million to provide 2.5 billion doses of vaccines to 99 countries, reaching an estimated 58 percent of the world's children. Its price list shows significant disparity, with Western drugmakers often charging UNICEF double what companies in India and Indonesia do. Just as striking is the steady rise in prices in the last decade, with the cost of vaccines against measles, polio and tetanus roughly doubling between 2001 and 2010. Prices of a few vaccines have remained flat or declined as additional competitors entered the market.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-05-unicef-discloses-vaccine-prices-1st.html#jCp

So it has been chosen by the WHO, not Bill Gates and it was chosen for a purpose.
Yes but it would be interesting to know the rationale.

Now to the drug for sleeping sickness. Drug companies are NOT charities, they have to make money, or they cannot keep developing drugs. There is a problem with us depending on only drug companies for new drugs, some diseases get overlooked. A major area is vaccines, because they are costly to develop, and because, in general, they carry some risk, so there is the problem of law suits (that is why there is a government program to protect them).

As seen above, the Pharma will make money even on their so called philanthropic work.

It is interesting to note the arsenic and ant freeze drug would comply with not one western standard but is widely used in Africa as a means of last resort and is quite legal to do so.

However, Pharma produces drugs for the west which as you remark, it accepts no liability for... sic bird flu vaccine.

We need a different way of paying for such drugs, either the government needs to pay for their development (Can you see trying to get a bill through Congress to spend millions or more on developing a drug for a disease that Americans don't generally get?)

And yet Africa is in massive debt and poverty because the west love to give massive loans to dictators who then invest that money back into the western banking system or their own personal gratification.

If the west is so keen to make 'the people' of Africa indebted, perhaps it would be far better to make the funds available in a way that actually helps the people such as proper medicines, vaccines and hospitals as well as education. Africa is a massively rich continent and is quite capable of paying it's own way, provided the 'Illuminati' bankers stop making it indebted by funding despots and promulgating wars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4619189.stm

Total debts amassed by the world's poorest countries shot up from $25bn in 1970 to $523bn in 2002, resulting in endless misery and widespread poverty as many of these economies spiralled out of control.

In 1970, Africa's proportion of the total stood at less than $11bn, not even half the total owed by poor nations. By 2002, that had risen to well above half, or $295bn.
But despite the cash injections provided by the loans, no indebted African country has sincerely prospered.
And yet - despite having paid back $550bn in principal and interest over the last three decades, on $540bn of loans - they still go on paying, sacrificing both the health and the education of their people, as well as any prospect of economic recovery and growth.

I may be wrong but I did read an article by Jacob Puliyel. Essentially he discussed the issue of poor hygiene in some areas and that should be addressed before vaccinating. That does go some way to explain increases if they are in clusters. (Sorry I will look for a link later as it was a newspaper article. Either Guardian or Observer).

Mike C quotes: "NPAFP is also strongly correlated with more than 6 shots of OPV per year", which is very interesting and IMHO that seems a very strange thing to do, especially in the light of the timetable listed below.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/polio-immunisation

Polio immunisation timetable

All children are offered polio immunisation as part of the routine immunisation programme. A full course of polio immunisation consists of five doses of vaccine as follows:

ChildrenAdults (who have not been immunised as a child)
Primary CourseThree doses of vaccine - as DTaP/IPV(polio)/Hib at two, three and four months of age.Three doses of vaccine - as Td/IPV(polio), each one month apart.
4th doseThree years after the primary course - as part of the DTaP/IPV(polio) pre-school booster at 3 years and four months to 5 years.5 years after the primary course - as Td/IPV(polio).
5th doseAged 13-18 years - the school leaver booster - as Td/IPV(polio).10 years after 4th dose - as Td/IPV(polio).
The primary course of three injections gives good protection for a number of years. The fourth and fifth doses ('boosters') are needed in later years to maintain protection. After the fifth dose, immunity remains for life and you do not need any further boosters (apart from some travel situations - see 'Travellers', below)
The following disadvantages seem quite sanitised or even disingenuous to me. (if that's ok :))

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/vaccines/polio
Polio is caused by intestinal viruses that spread from person to person in stool and saliva. Most people infected with polio (approximately 95%) show no symptoms. Minor symptoms can include sore throat, low-grade fever, nausea, and vomiting. Some infected persons (1 to 2%) will have stiffness in the neck, back, or legs without paralysis. Less than 1% of polio infections (about 1 of every 1,000 cases) cause paralysis. In some cases, the poliovirus will paralyze the muscles used to breathe, leaving the victim unable to breathe on his or her own. Many paralyzed persons recover completely. Those who do recover from paralytic polio may be affected 30 to 40 years later, with muscle pain and progressive weakness.

Before the polio vaccine, 13,000 to 20,000 people were paralyzed by polio, and about 1,000 people died from it each year in the United States. Most of those infected were elementary school children so it was often called ‘infantile paralysis.’

Given that "Before the polio vaccine, 13,000 to 20,000 people were paralyzed by polio, and about 1,000 people died from it each year in the United States", after spending all that money to have "an extra 47500 new cases of NPAFP [in India]. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly", appears to be a poor or even counterproductive investment.

http://phys.org/news/2011-05-unicef-discloses-vaccine-prices-1st.html

UNICEF last year spent $757 million to provide 2.5 billion doses of vaccines to 99 countries, reaching an estimated 58 percent of the world's children. Its price list shows significant disparity, with Western drugmakers often charging UNICEF double what companies in India and Indonesia do. Just as striking is the steady rise in prices in the last decade, with the cost of vaccines against measles, polio and tetanus roughly doubling between 2001 and 2010. Prices of a few vaccines have remained flat or declined as additional competitors entered the market.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-05-unicef-discloses-vaccine-prices-1st.html#jCp

Now to the drug for sleeping sickness. Drug companies are NOT charities, they have to make money, or they cannot keep developing drugs. There is a problem with us depending on only drug companies for new drugs, some diseases get overlooked. A major area is vaccines, because they are costly to develop, and because, in general, they carry some risk, so there is the problem of law suits (that is why there is a government program to protect them). Also, they are often not cost effective to develop and produce, since they can not really return a profit to the company. Diseases that are not common in the developed world is another area where 'big pharma' does not work well.

We need a different way of paying for such drugs, either the government needs to pay for their development (Can you see trying to get a bill through Congress to spend millions or more on developing a drug for a disease that Americans don't generally get?) I have often wondered if a small 'tax' on prescription drugs would be possible, but again, that would be very hard to pass. Everyone from the AARP to the insurance companies to the states would fight it

Up there should read doses of OPV, not shots.

Your timetable is for injections not oral.

Dosage and Administration

Older Children, Adolescents and Adults
PO 0.5 mL. Give 2 doses no less than 6 wk apart (or 8 wk apart or less ) followed by third dose 6 to 12 mo later.

Infants
PO 0.5 mL. Administer at 2, 4, and 15 to 18 mo. A fourth dose is given when child begins school if third dose of primary series was administered before child's fourth birthday. OPV may be administered with any of following: distilled water, chlorinated tap water, simple syrup, milk, bread, sugar cube, cake.
The main reason OPV is still used is cost. Followed by being more effective against wild polio virus. Followed by the fact that it can offer passive immunity in those that come into contact with children that have recently received dosage.

In areas that have the wild virus, it really is the best option, and it appears that misuse is the cause of the problem.

Up there should read doses of OPV, not shots.

Your timetable is for injections not oral.

Dosage and Administration

Older Children, Adolescents and Adults
PO 0.5 mL. Give 2 doses no less than 6 wk apart (or 8 wk apart or less ) followed by third dose 6 to 12 mo later.

Infants
PO 0.5 mL. Administer at 2, 4, and 15 to 18 mo. A fourth dose is given when child begins school if third dose of primary series was administered before child's fourth birthday. OPV may be administered with any of following: distilled water, chlorinated tap water, simple syrup, milk, bread, sugar cube, cake.
The main reason OPV is still used is cost. Followed by being more effective against wild polio virus. Followed by the fact that it can offer passive immunity in those that come into contact with children that have recently received dosage.

In areas that have the wild virus, it really is the best option, and it appears that misuse is the cause of the problem.

Yes I realise that but I did not have the direct comparison for OPV doses because it is 'Banned in the West'. I was saying; it seems very strange they should be administering over 6 doses per year.

If the west had not indebted Africa in the way it has, they could afford to pay for their own medicines of the higher quality with less side effects.

After a bit of looking, it seems that all the anti vaccine folks and the 'Bill Gates is an eugenicist' sites have glammed onto Dr Puliyel's comments. I still haven't found the original, but it seems that he feels that spending money of improving hygiene would be better and that because we can create polio in the lab now, that it can not be eradicated.

Yes I realise that but I did not have the direct comparison for OPV doses because it is 'Banned in the West'. I was saying; it seems very strange they should be administering over 6 doses per year.

If the west had not indebted Africa in the way it has, they could afford to pay for their own medicines of the higher quality with less side effects.

Maybe, but in a situation where the wild virus is still active, OPV is still the best option.

In your never ending quest to blame "the west" (of course, you neglected the roles of China and Russia in Africa) for all the World's ills, you grossly over simplify Africa's development problems. There is a lot more to the systemic problems than simply bad loans to dictators.

(Sorry- I wrote this before the thread split- should probably be in the illuminati thread??)

In your never ending quest to blame "the west" (of course, you neglected the roles of China and Russia in Africa) for all the World's ills, you grossly over simplify Africa's development problems. There is a lot more to the systemic problems than simply bad loans to dictators.

(Sorry- I wrote this before the thread split- should probably be in the illuminati thread??)

LOL... do tell.

Actually my 'quest' as you call it is to blame the Illuminati banksters, not the 'people'... we are also victims.

In your quest to elevate the ethos of the banksters, and the war machine mentality you always resort to blaming everyone other than the American government.

It is easy and popular these days to 'blame the West' for the worlds ills. Even with things that we have done in the past, like slavery, were NOT without an African helper. The slaves were captured by enemy tribes and then sold to the West (the tradition had been to KILL your enemies--in Africa and hundreds of years before, in Europe) Before the African tribes discovered that they could remove their enemies and make something from them, the plantation owners had relied on 'white indentured' servants from Europe.

The average American has a poor grasp of any history, other than that of England and the US. Other countries and areas only get mentioned when they intersect with the history of those 2 nations. Not just Africa or Asia or even Central and South America, it even extends to nations like Ireland. The major mention of Ireland in US textbooks is associated with the potato famine and the reason that that the Irish depended on potatoes was never mentioned.

I was a little better off than most, since I had a course in Latin American history in HS. Most of what I know, I have had to research and learn on my own--there is a reason that I have shelves full of books on the Celts, Rome and Greece and sections of others---the history of the Mongols is fascinating.

LOL... do tell.

Actually my 'quest' as you call it is to blame the Illuminati banksters, not the 'people'... we are also victims.

In your quest to elevate the ethos of the banksters, and the war machine mentality you always resort to blaming everyone other than the American government.

Sorry Oxy...you can pretend you know my values but you don't.

It was YOU who repeatedly called it "the west"- I did not defend the "bankers", merely pointed out that your dime-store political and economic analysis serves no one but your own bias.

The average American has a poor grasp of any history, other than that of England and the US. Other countries and areas only get mentioned when they intersect with the history of those 2 nations. Not just Africa or Asia or even Central and South America, it even extends to nations like Ireland. The major mention of Ireland in US textbooks is associated with the potato famine and the reason that that the Irish depended on potatoes was never mentioned.

I was a little better off than most, since I had a course in Latin American history in HS. Most of what I know, I have had to research and learn on my own--there is a reason that I have shelves full of books on the Celts, Rome and Greece and sections of others---the history of the Mongols is fascinating.

I think it's more the average PERSON has a poor grasp of history. I never learnt ANY American history when I was growing up in the UK.

Sorry Oxy...you can pretend you know my values but you don't.

It was YOU who repeatedly called it "the west"- I did not defend the "bankers", merely pointed out that your dime-store political and economic analysis serves no one but your own bias.

I see, I can 'only pretend to know your values'.... I think you have made your 'values' clear enough... defend, defend, defend everything from financial terrorism to collateral murder, blame every one else... ignore any wrongdoing and justify it all in the name of 'democracy'.

Anyone with half a brain would know what I was referring to when I use the term "the west", no I am not referring to those who have been disenfranchised and put out on the streets by the corruption of the bankster illuminati, those in the west who are exhorted to 'buy, buy, buy with credit, credit and more credit in order to save the ponzi scheme commonly referred to as 'the economy' so they can put themselves in the same position as Africa, Greece, Spain, Portugal etc and be zombie debtors.

But no, as usual, you twist my words to try to suit your purpose. You are unremitting in your squirming and twisting... your values are clear... you make them clear because although you do not have the courage to come out and openly applaud the travesties perpetrated on the people, you do your very best to make excuses and divert blame, all from the shodowy world of 'debunking'... strange how you never debunk 'official bunk'.

Perhaps you would like to present a case as to how 'The Magdalene Scandal' was really a question of 'It wasn't the nuns fault or the church or the Irish government... the women brought it on themselves blah blah... they were fed and cared for blah blah... well you can't let them take advantage of the system... they need to be forced to work blah blah learn some discipline blah blah'. I expect you could do a really good PR job on that ... convince a few of the weak minded and pull a few 'ra ra go get em SRs' from your kindred spirits.

I see, I can 'only pretend to know your values'.... I think you have made your 'values' clear enough... defend, defend, defend everything from financial terrorism to collateral murder, blame every one else... ignore any wrongdoing and justify it all in the name of 'democracy'. .

Not an accurate portrayal of my comments here, Oxy.

But thats to be expected I guess.

I simply point out bunk...and there is a lot of bunk in your posts.

I see, I can 'only pretend to know your values'.... I think you have made your 'values' clear enough... defend, defend, defend everything from financial terrorism to collateral murder, blame every one else...

Defending is different to clarifying, especially when there are shades of grey in everything.

Correcting does not mean you identify or validate everything else associated with that subject, it means you widen the knowledge about a subject. If someone is attached to a certain view, it's hard to adjust to the subtleties.
I think you just may be a little miffed that there's 'more to it' in every case, which can interfere with well-meaning righteous anger.

(Sorry to butt in.)

... strange how you never debunk 'official bunk'.

I would like to see more of this when it occurs, but one suspects they just have better fact-checkers.

Not really logical is it? Much more likely they are told to come back as it is a 'course' of treatment, do you agree?

I don't know. Maybe the mothers just think if one is good, let's have two.

More likely they are following instructions themselves. But why is the oral 'live' vaccine used, (or still manufactured even), when the dangers are known and a far more effective 'one shot vaccine' is available?

There may be reasons we don't know that the oral vaccine is used more. Perhaps it doesn't have to be refrigerated, or some other reason.

I asked what Bill Gates has to do with the choice of the vaccine, you said:

Good question... anyone know the answer?

I don't know the answer, but you seem to think Gates chooses the vaccine. I don't know that he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back