Azumyama Japan 1995 - Cigar Shaped UFO (building reflection)

flarkey

Senior Member.
Staff member
So this one popped up on my timeline yesterday...

https://www.latest-ufo-sightings.ne...a-captured-by-japanese-mountain-climbers.html

1696582989601.png1696583131799.png

Japanese mountain climbers, amidst their challenging ascent, encountered a sight that would forever change their understanding of the skies. Hovering above them was a mammoth, cigar-shaped UFO, its orange luminescence contrasting starkly with the night sky. The vastness of the object was evident from its reported size: a staggering 80 meters.

The mountain climbers, amateur alpinists exploring the wonders of Azumayama, were able to capture this unique phenomenon on film. As they aimed their camera towards the sky, the footage, although occasionally shaky due to the cameraman’s astonishment, revealed an incredibly detailed image of the tubular object. The clarity was such that even the road beneath, with vehicles in motion, was visible. It provided a reference, emphasizing the sheer size of the object

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-nFZGt1pbc

The Debunk

Looks like this was just a reflection off the windows of the Fukashima Railway station.

This is the general area:

1696584464800.png

The picture at the start of the video shows the Carpark area and shows that the witnesses were walking on the westernside of the mountain

1696585172884.png
The google earth view
1696585205038.png

Here's the screenshot of the UFO from the video...
20231006_101803.png

I recreated the view in Google Earth and then checked in the aerial imagery what was in the city behind the hairpin bends of the road...
20231006_101806.png

This building immediately struck my attention....
20231006_101809.png

Here's the google streetview location for the Fukishima Station

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9XsfJEufYNhbEL3s7

Looks like it has a lot of windows that could reflect the sun...
20231006_101813.jpg

Last edited:
Japanese mountain climbers, amidst their challenging ascent, encountered a sight that would forever change their understanding of the skies. Hovering above them was a mammoth, cigar-shaped UFO, its orange luminescence contrasting starkly with the night sky. The vastness of the object was evident from its reported size: a staggering 80 meters.

The mountain climbers, amateur alpinists exploring the wonders of Azumayama, were able to capture this unique phenomenon on film. As they aimed their camera towards the sky, the footage, although occasionally shaky due to the cameraman’s astonishment, revealed an incredibly detailed image of the tubular object. The clarity was such that even the road beneath, with vehicles in motion, was visible. It provided a reference, emphasizing the sheer size of the object
Content from External Source

"Hovering above them" and "aimed their camera towards the sky" - utter nonsense, disproved by their own footage. They even shoot themselves in the foot by saying "even the road beneath, with vehicles in motion, was visible". I wonder what they think the curvature of the earth is, and where the horizon is?

Looks like it has a lot of windows that could reflect the sun...
20231006_101813.jpg
One might be tempted to suggest that building dates back to pre-1982 when the Tohoku Shinkansen service started, so was definitely there at the time of the footage.

The street view from that hairpin has some similar reflections, and a good indication of the haze
2023-10-06_05-26-18.jpg2023-10-06_05-25-17.jpg

One might be tempted to suggest that building dates back to pre-1982 when the Tohoku Shinkansen service started, so was definitely there at the time of the footage.
Yup. Not sure when exactly it was built but a glass facade definitely existed in 1995. Here's some footage from the early 90s.

1.jpg

I wouldn't know the first thing about the Japanese language but DeepL tells me this video is titled Nostalgic Images: Filmed from October 1990 to December 1991 - Nostalgic sketches of Fukushima City. The relevant bit starts at 1m52s.

"Hovering above them" and "aimed their camera towards the sky" - utter nonsense, disproved by their own footage. They even shoot themselves in the foot by saying "even the road beneath, with vehicles in motion, was visible". I wonder what they think the curvature of the earth is, and where the horizon is?
They are misinterpreting the "UFO" as being above the edge of the mountain that you can see as the haze creates an artificial cutoff which the bright reflections cut through. The illusion is that because you can only see that far that's where the lights are.

Dang, here was me getting all excited about how close they were to the ocean in Azumayama, and about to propose another case of squid boats. Ah well...

This UFO video was allegedly taken around 11:26 AM on August 6, 1995.
Based on this video, a Japanese TV program has conducted field research.
The investigation and verification concluded that it was the result of reflected Kyousan kougyou (協三工業(株)) factory windows.

2023-10-06_09-52-49.jpg

Attachments

• 大槻教授 VS 衝撃のUFO映像.mp4
    27.8 MB
Last edited:
The investigation and verification concluded that it was the result of reflected Kyousan kougyou (協三工業(株)) factory windows.
Nice! I was suspecting the same thing, as the station (red) does not line up very well. The low resolution Terrain in Google Earth made it a bit fiddly.

2023-10-06_09-54-24.jpg

According to the TV program, when the survey was conducted in 2003, there were no buildings with solar panels in the Sakura West Industrial Park, where Kyousan Kougyou is located.
Skylight windows at the factory
Kyousan kougyou.jpg

Back