"Awareness Ribbon" in Shawnee, OK area

This reminds me a "bow tie" contrail in Utah pictured more than a decade ago

Both pictures are from http://www.aliendave.com/Chemtrail_photos.html

I investigated the Utah contrail a few years ago and concluded that it probably came from a military surveillance or training flight around Wildcat Mountain, housing a military installation / bombing target range. This suggests the possibility of the Oklahoma "awareness ribbon" distrail having resulted from an analogous flight near McAlester AAP in the same general area.

The pictures in the FB page were taken from all sides of the distrail loop. The identification of all different locations would provide a fairly accurate positioning of the loop.

Last edited:
I could not find the location of the OP photo. Presumably, it is Shawnee itself. The reported locations of other FB photos place the trail near Ada:
Shawnee Awareness Ribbon.jpg
The trail size and shape did not result from its modelling in Google Earth, it was simply drawn on the map for illustration.

This location does not support my suggestion made in the previous post, as it appears to be upwind of McAlester :(

This is probably irrelevant, but there was a "Con Air" plane flying atypical holding pattern in the area at the time, yet at a low altitude.
Screen shot 2015-02-01 at 01.01.51.png

EDIT
Replaced the picture with the one showing the full flight path. It looks like the plane had to return back to the Oklahoma City airport and made several approaches to its runway before landing. This suggests an emergency that might have closed the runway for other arrivals, unless it was a training flight. If the former was the case, the trail in question could have resulted from a diversion of an incoming plane not on FR24. Note some similarity between the East part of the above flight path and a wide angle picture of the Shawnee "ribbon":
10388126_10152605722296674_2012488302141823731_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152605722296674&set=p.10152605722296674

Last edited:
Back