Augie Snyder's contrail/chemtrail questions

Augie Snyder

I don't know how anyone can say that spraying is not going on. I've personally watched it happen in my area - watching a plane lay a trail for as far as the eye can see, then turn it off, make a 180 turn and turn the spray on again. These trails leave the sky milky. On days they don't spray, the sky is a beautiful blue and if any clouds present they are the normal fluffy white ones.

you say:
these observations are consistent with ordinary persistent contrails. They absolutely are real and man-made, but what makes you think they are "chemtrails"?
My question to that is: why would whatever group that is responsible for the spraying want to fly grids just for the sake of making contrails in the sky. It would be a very expensive endeavor, and to what purpose?

I don't know how anyone can say that spraying is not going on. I've personally watched it happen in my area - watching a plane lay a trail for as far as the eye can see, then turn it off, make a 180 turn and turn the spray on again.
This is a common claim that is yet to be shown by anyone. You can do it by recording the plane and noting the time, date and location, then posting it here.

Until you record your observations like Pete suggested I don't know for sure what you have observed exactly. But I think I have seen about the same things as you have. The difference is that I give another interpretation to my observations than you do. I sometimes made time lapse recordings and used flightradar 24 to identify the planes making the contrails. They appear to be normal commercial jets flying from airport A to airport B and the grids are created by the wind. I also looked (e.g. in google scholar) for scientific articles on persistent contrails. They go back to 1953 and deal with the physics behind contrails, the particular circumstances in whitch persistent contrails form, they report on measurements taken during flights on high altitude, etc. By all this I interpret what I see as a completely normal.
I also made a quick study of clouds. There are a lot of different kinds of them. The fluffy ones aren't particularly "normal". Hazy, milky skies can occur with no planes around. They are a kind of what is called cirrus clouds and were categorized as such more then 200 years ago. Indeed plane clouds (= the literal translation of what we call persistent contrails in Dutch ["vliegtuigwolken"]) can enhance or accelarate the appearance of cirrus clouds, when the humidity on that altitude is high enough; that may be irritating when you love clear skies (like me as an amateur astronomer) but it doesn't mean they are doing it on purpose. I suggest you start with the link Mike gave above

Last edited:
These grids are simply the result of many aircraft flying over a waypoint in the sky, and they are coming from many different directions. Some of them may make contrails, some may not, it all depends on the moisture content and temperature (generally below -40) of the air at their altitude. Also, some may make a turn when they fly over the waypoint as they follow a prescribed route in the sky. If you are seeing an aircraft flying lines and doing 180° turns, it is very likely you are not seeing the same aircraft coming back. To give you an idea of how busy airspace can be I have attached a screenshot of European airspace, it is morning there, a busy time.
Screenshot_2015-11-08-01-31-03.png

I don't know how anyone can say that spraying is not going on. I've personally watched it happen in my area - watching a plane lay a trail for as far as the eye can see, then turn it off, make a 180 turn and turn the spray on again. These trails leave the sky milky. On days they don't spray, the sky is a beautiful blue and if any clouds present they are the normal fluffy white ones.

Seen lots of people say that planes turn around and come back. Not one vid of it yet. By the way... "as far as the eye can see", and back, is farther than any plane in existence can "spray" some substance carried in the plane. Contrails can do that because the vast majority of the material you see has come from moisture already present in the atmosphere, not carried in the plane.

Plenty of weather watchers make time lapse videos of the clouds, which also capture contrails. The planes don't "turn around" to make a grid, they are just different planes flying in different directions. They often follow similar paths in the sky, but the wind blows the trails so by the time the next plane passes, the trail has moved away.

This is a good example. Skip to 1:30 as the first half is obscured by low cloud.

Mr. Snyder,
I have a suggestion for you, an actual experiment you can make which would be of great value to you and the whole community. First, make some general observations of planes visually and at the same time use an ordinary fight tracking site like Flightaware.com to identify the planes you are seeing. Do this for several days at around the same time each day. You will likely begin to observe some flights which you can count on coming over very close to the same time each day, for instance, Southwest Airlines flight 3245.... learn when and where that particular flight comes from and where it goes.

Then, refine your search over several more days to watch whether (or not) that same plane makes contrails, and whether they persist, or not. Likely you will be able to see that some days the EXACT SAME plane makes contrails one day, but not on other days.

Please get back to us if you have questions, and with your results.

A question for Mr Snyder, and others who believe in the chemtrail myth. Scientifically, I can explain why, on certain days when upper tropospheric conditions are right, contrails form, and then spread out, sometimes covering the sky in a dense veil of white cloud. Without getting technical, it's just a natural process that involves ice cloud (cirrus) produced by aircraft 'seeding' the atmosphere and causing further ice cloud growth which slowly advects and spreads downstream. It's not creating something out of nothing, but rather a process that causes the existing high, cold water vapour content to, through the process of deposition, cause more and more ice crystals to form.

But, if I assume for one brief moment that chemtrails are real, how do you, the chemtrail believers, account for the multiplication and spreading of the chemical elements that are being sprayed, to expand across the sky and eventually cover it. I ask this, because I've seen an example where a single trail spread out to cover almost the entire sky, and there's no doubt in my mind that the sum total of 'cloud' cover at the end of the event was 10's of times greater than the original cloud trail as laid down by the aircraft. Just curious to know how you explain this phenomena of making something out of nothing.

A question for Mr Snyder, and others who believe in the chemtrail myth.

Hi Phred- thanks for your contribution. Alas, do not hold your breath for a reply from Augie or other Believers. They tend come here, post a screed or 2 and then disappear , ignoring replies and any explanations therein.

Hi Phred- thanks for your contribution. Alas, do not hold your breath for a reply from Augie or other Believers. They tend come here, post a screed or 2 and then disappear , ignoring replies and any explanations therein.

While pretending to really want to know the answers.

Hi there, I'd like to understand what's in this photo:
http://www.look-up.org.uk/2013/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Dispersal-pipe-close-up-Copy.jpg
I don't know a lot about planes but I'd like to learn.
Thanks for your help

G'day @spect8 , this photo (and ones like it) are discussed in depth over on this thread https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-l...-spray-pipes-on-a-320-are-pylon-drains.t2855/

Im sure if you had any questions or comments that would be the thread to look into :)

Back