Amazing! UFOs in Marion, Ohio - December 16, 2021

flarkey

Senior Member.
Staff member
Check this out - two massive and brightly lit craft fimed recently near Marion Ohio,

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwJzIOpeiyw&ab_channel=ledrack

Some more details about it from here: https://ufostalker.com/sighting/119926
Sighting Basics
Mufon Case119926
Occurred 2021-12-16 19:30
Reported 2021-12-21 15:32 (Reported 4 Days Later)
SourceMUFON
SummaryMy son video it
Tags video
Sighting Location
Approximation to protect the reporters identity
CityMarion
RegionOhio
CountryUnited States
Postal Code43302

Thread on Reddit:
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/rmfesi/video_of_2_ufos_marion_ohio_december_16_2021/

Nice local landmark at 0:23s into the video, havent been able to find it yet though...

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 13.17.46.png

Initial invesigations on Reddit are suggesting it might be some stadium lights... However.... I think its more likely to have been a low flying aircraft. it reminds me of this thread of a low flying C-130 in Cambridgeshire. And, guess what, shortly after (+1hr) the video is claimed to have been fimed, theres a low flying C-130 in the area....

Time zone .... 2021-12-16 19:30 Eastern Time = 2021 - 12 - 17 00:30 UTC

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 13.18.49.png

What are your thoughts...?

Yup looks like landing lights, the location is gonna be difficult to nail down, really wish people could be more specific about times/locations.

Just for information, there were more military aircraft around than are visible on FR24. Checking the Mansfield tower recordings, there's a couple of Skull callsigns in the air, either taking off or doing circuits.

Just for information, there were more military aircraft around than are visible on FR24. Checking the Mansfield tower recordings, there's a couple of Skull callsigns in the air, either taking off or doing circuits.
Cool - I thought there'd be a few other Skulls airborn at that time. How did you check the tower recordings??

Edit - i've just worked this out, https://www.liveatc.net/listen.php stream for KMFD 17 Dec 2021 0000z to 0030z, lists SKULL70 FLIGHT, which is a flight of 2 x C-130, taking off on RWY23 and then going 'tactical' which is low flying ... see this file at the 6m00s mark...

https://archive.liveatc.net/kmfd/KMFD1-Gnd-Twr-App-Dec-17-2021-0000Z.mp3

Last edited:
I'm not seeing anything other than standard 'phone camera at night' aberrations, compression artifacts and motion blur. What the hell are they talking about alien heads for? Seems like a case of I want to believe pareidolia.

Distant objects in focus will show in front of foreground out of focus objects, this is a common optical effect, we discussed it and showed examples in the French hoax video thread.

I'm not seeing anything other than standard 'phone camera at night' aberrations, compression artifacts and motion blur. What the hell are they talking about alien heads for? Seems like a case of I want to believe pareidolia.
I posted that message more of an example of the mindset of 'believers'. When they have such a bias and desire to see things in videos they will see things in videos.

Distant objects in focus will show in front of foreground out of focus objects, this is a common optical effect, we discussed it and showed examples in the French hoax video thread.
You can even clearly see the lower row of lights vanish behind a distant building only a few seconds before they pass 'in front of' the poles.

This is very similar to the Highland, Illinois UFO case of January 2000.

The following video is not original video. There was no video. It's a "reconstruction" from witness testimony.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/space-case/Content?oid=2474776
"I happened to look toward the northeast," he says in a down-home country dialect, "and seen, like, a bright star and never thought too much about it, just 'That's awful low for being a star.'" He went into the office for a bit, checked the plumbing and returned to his truck: "I looked up and there it was, just like a big house floating in the air, with windows in it and a bright light on the inside, like there might've been a big room in there."
Although it is difficult to judge the size of an airborne object at a distance -- there's no point of reference by which to gauge -- Noll estimates that the craft was "about the size of a football field." The object was moving slowly, perhaps 50 mph, some 800-1,000 feet above him and off to the south, providing a view of its side and bottom as it passed along a stand of trees. "I just couldn't hardly believe my eyes what I was seeing up there," he recalls. "I mean, there was no noise, nothing! And I was looking for wings and couldn't see no wings on it. I thought, 'What in the heck is it?'" Noll stood on the parking-lot gravel contemplating this strange sight for five minutes or so: "I just kept watching it, and at one point it seemed like it slowed down and I had the feeling it spotted me down here, and it scared the heck out of me. Then it kept a-going toward the southwest." The last he saw of the craft, a mysterious and silent behemoth, it was sailing silently past the Oberbeck Grain Elevator.

"Reconstruction" of what this witness saw; from another TV documentary I can no longer find on YT.
P1010017.JPG

Testimony from another witness...
Nothing much was shaking in Lebanon at 4:11 a.m. when Officer Ed Barton received the call from St. Clair County dispatch. Barton, who at first scoffed at the dispatcher's request to look for a flying object in the shape of a "two-story house" with white lights and red blinking lights -- "If I find it, what am I supposed to do with it?" -- soon changed his tune when he spied a "very bright white light just east of town." From the time he first saw it, "and that was a good five, six miles away," says Barton, "it looked like two large -- very large -- bright white lights so close together it looked like they were almost touching, with rays of light emitting from them." Barton switched on the cruiser's overhead lights, driving south on Route 4 in the general direction in which he'd seen the craft. "I was going rather fast," he says, "because I thought at first it was a plane going down."

Getting an occasional visual on the craft through the trees, Barton turned on Route 50, heading eastbound about three miles into the village of Summerfield. And there it was. "Just imagine an elongated, narrow triangle, but massive, so big it blotted out the stars that would've been above it," Barton says. "And on each of the corners of this thing were these round, bright white lights, so bright I had to squint to look." It had been stationary, but then it began to move. "That's when I noticed it was coming toward me, and so I pulled off the road, turned off my overhead lights, turned off my squad car.

...on Route 50 near a hummock called Haas' Hill, Officer Barton stood outside his patrol car, watching whatever it was move on. "It started going away from me again rather slowly, almost like a hovering or a floating, and then when it turned away from me, it didn't bank like an aircraft or a helicopter. It was almost like a car going around a curve, just a flat turn. Then it seemed to accelerate fairly rapidly, and I reached back in the car, picked up the radio, told St. Clair County what I was seeing, and the next thing I know it looked to be over Shiloh, about seven miles away."

At the time I was convinced it was a C-5 Galaxy doing "circuits," but the the C-130 may be a better match. It was simply doing touch and go landings at nearby Scott AFB.

Last edited:
Update: KMFD Mansfield Lahm Regional Airport, Mansfield, Ohio, USA is home to the 179th Airlift Wing, USAF Air National Guard flying (guess what...?!) the C-130.

Here's another C-130 Video
Source: https://youtu.be/CovPpKI92Go
that shows the four wing lights

1640269676831.png

and another

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFDKbdzBbII

Neat how they always cut off the videos before they get closer, revealing themselves to be aircraft, or they actually DO something that might compel further interest.

The VFX company’s name and logo all over the video leads me to suspect it’s the work of VFX artists.
The owner of the ledrack YT channel seems to be reposting videos from all over the place... with his own logo slapped on them. I don't think this video is a hoax; just the product of a naïve witness looking at distant aircraft.

Last edited:
The owner of the ledrack YT channel seems to be reposting videos from all over the place... with his own logo slapped on them. I don't think this video is a hoax; just the product of a naïve witness looking at distant aircraft.

Yeah the original video is a horizontal phone video in mov format on MUFON. Like the flares video there seems to be a trend of YouTube channels taking MUFON videos and reposting them then cross promoting on Reddit/Twitter. Probably taking advantage of the current UAP flap to boost subscribers. Then because of the increased interest they end up on here, likely further promoting the channel.

This is very similar to the Highland, Illinois UFO case of January 2000.

At the time I was convinced it was a C-5 Galaxy doing "circuits," but the the C-130 may be a better match. It was simply doing touch and go landings at nearby Scott AFB.
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.09.42.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.18.01.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.19.41.png

@Z.W. Wolf --- yeah, I think you're right. However, Scott AFB is 300 miles away from Lebanon, Mansfield is 130 miles. It may just have been a C-130 from there on another low level sortie. Maybe?

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.09.42.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.18.01.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-26 at 11.19.41.png

@Z.W. Wolf --- yeah, I think you're right. However, Scott AFB is 300 miles away from Lebanon, Mansfield is 130 miles. It may just have been a C-130 from there on another low level sortie. Maybe?
Wrong Lebanon. The 2000 Highland UFO case occurred around Lebanon, Highland and Shiloh, Illinois... not Ohio. However, it may have been a C-5, as C-5s were based at Scott AFB.

However, C5's are notoriously noisy...

However... there were "SOLL II" C-5s that could be operated at low altitude, in near silence, for clandestine operations. That was my notion. It was a Soll II practice operation, but with landing lights on. A C-5 cruising slowly around at low altitude would be a pretty amazing sight.

https://man.fas.org/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/n19991208_992197.htm
With plenty of training flights and actual missions under its belt, the C-5 has proven it can fly at low altitude, in the dark and without any lights.

Tech. Sgt. Paul Fazzini was on the ground as an observer during a SOLL II training mission. "It was unbelievable," he said. "You're standing there in the dark, you can't even see the plane coming. Then all of a sudden, whoosh -- there it is!"

Mills, a former C-130 navigator, said he can't believe how quiet an aiplane as large as the C-5 is. "If all the lights are blacked out and the cockpit lighting is set properly, you would not acquire this aircraft to maybe a half mile out without night vision goggles on. So it's pretty much element of surprise right there."

Last edited:
Wrong Lebanon. The 2000 Highland UFO case occurred around Lebanon, Highland and Shiloh, Illinois... not Ohio. However, it may have been a C-5, as C-5s were based at Scott AFB.
Wow, who'd have thought there are two Lebanon's, eh?

I'd never heard of the SOLL 2 C-5. Although, I can remember at least 2 recent debunking on Reddit I did that turned out to be low level C-5s.

Here's One... And Here's the second.

Last edited:
That seems likely. Just to confirm, I've dropped LedrackSFX a note. If they respond, I'll let y'all know.

or football
20181021_141956.jpg

The stadium lights aren't just a row of 4 lights, they're a 4x3 matrix. Plus we'd need to explain why only two sets were on and why they appeared to be moving, and at different heights above the ground.

I see, thank you.

20181021_141956.jpg

The stadium lights aren't just a row of 4 lights, they're a 4x3 matrix. Plus we'd need to explain why only two sets were on and why they appeared to be moving, and at different heights above the ground.
i'm sure there is more than one football field in the Marion area. (or correctional facility etc)
because they ARE at different heights.

they didnt really seem to be moving to me. which is why i see them more as stadium lights or similar.

Someone has made a stabilized looping video of the lights. Whilst I agree that the stadium lights was a good initial suggestion, the relative movement as seen in the looping video seems to be too excessive for a static object (seems to me anyway!)

Source: https://youtu.be/jV5pLgaciso

(seems to me anyway!)
you could be right, im horrible with spatial issues. but they are originally coming around a corner to my eye. then the lights overlap and space out, as in my example below (as i turn my car and go just a short distance). now in the UFO vid we have a three house distance and the lights dont space out as much as mine..but is that because im closer to the light source?

also i notice that rows of lights could look like one depending on the distance too. (this is two rows only though in lowest photo)

1640558854200.png

sbs.png

10012021-93457b.png

"pleasant school" just south of marion does have two row lights. i didnt look to see if any of the roads jived. (also only looked at these two schools)

-There are only two of them. Where are the other light standards?

-They're much too high above the horizon.

-High school football season typically ends in late October.

... and it's jibe, not jive.

1324039661.jpg

... or
to say foolish, deceptive, or unserious things to (someone) He's jiving you.

...or
Jive culture.

Last edited:
... and it's jibe, not jive.
Article:
Jive is a more common variant of jibe than gibe is. This word (which may mean “glib, deceptive, or foolish talk” or several other things) began appearing in print in the late 1920s and waited little more than a decade before it started being used in the sense “in accord with; agrees with.

jive is more fun anyway.. like "we go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong"

Source: https://youtu.be/73KjGH7jcMI?t=10

Yeah the original video is a horizontal phone video in mov format on MUFON. Like the flares video there seems to be a trend of YouTube channels taking MUFON videos and reposting them then cross promoting on Reddit/Twitter. Probably taking advantage of the current UAP flap to boost subscribers. Then because of the increased interest they end up on here, likely further promoting the channel.
Absolutely. And they will also jump into the discussions to create friction to keep the thread going.

Another video. This is from Tiffin, Ohio; about 20 miles north of Marion. Uploaded to YT on Dec. 21 but probably of the same two planes on the night of the 16th.

Another video. This is from Tiffin, Ohio; about 20 miles north of Marion. Uploaded to YT on Dec. 21 but probably of the same two planes on the night of the 16th.
Nice find. I agree, looks practically identical. Undoubtedly part of the same incident.

From YouTube comments:
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 10.33.51.png

Last edited:
you could be right, im horrible with spatial issues. but they are originally coming around a corner to my eye. then the lights overlap and space out, as in my example below (as i turn my car and go just a short distance). now in the UFO vid we have a three house distance and the lights dont space out as much as mine..but is that because im closer to the light source?

also i notice that rows of lights could look like one depending on the distance too. (this is two rows only though in lowest photo)
I agree with your observation. The car "overtakes" the two lights (they overlap), then car turns a corner, and then make the lights spread out agin in the opposite direction. I don't agree with you on stadium lights though. ;)

Last edited:
I don't agree with you on stadium lights though. ;)
i'm not saying it is flood lights (stadium or fairgrounds, or parking lots). but i see no actual evidence of planes (or the lights moving independently from the car) either, so.. just keeping the options open.

Nice find. I agree, looks practically identical. Undoubtedly part of the same incident.

From YouTube comments:
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 10.33.51.png

Flarkey

11 hours ago (edited)
@Chad Hall where exactly where you when you recorded this? like "EXACTLY", and at what time?

Chad Hall
11 hours ago
@Flarkey a freind of mine took the video south of Tiffin OHIO
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwakPUR4ip5v5v05Sf_wpA
Posted the video on the same day his pal gave it to him. But was that the day his pal saw these planes and produced the video?

Last edited:
Back