Video of People Acting Out a pro-Morsi demonstration with injuries

mynym

Banned
Banned
From Zerohedge:
Curious where all that dramatic stock footage of one (or the other) side in the ongoing Egyptian (non-)coup comes from? Apparently quite a bit of it is from repeated takes of the best staged (counter) revolution that Straight-To-YouTube money can buy.
The following clip released by LiveLeak shows a Muslim Brotherhood "demonstration" in Egypt that was specifically staged to get the most dramatic poses, as the actors freeze their poses for the photographers. Injuries and even bloodstains are faked. Which is not to say only the MB is responsible for such drama: what is shown below is a prevalent tactic used across various ideologies and factions around the world to generate sympathy with the naive, gullible and easily influenced "western" audiences who are always willing to accept "reality" at face value.

The take home, if there is one?

Never trust anything you are told or shown, especially when national interests or intelligence agencies are involved and/or providing the funding.
The Muslim Brotherhood: The Best Straight-To-YouTube Actors Money Can Buy?
Content from External Source
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Given that everyone tends to do Wag the Dog or Argo type stuff, here's to hoping that eventually people will figure out how to turn everything into a reality show before anyone actually gets shot or blown up or even exploited in some way in reality.

But that's unlikely... because then who would pay for the production of the show?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some kind of re-enactment or some kind of art project. If they are posting for photographers, then where are the photos? It's quite ridiculous to suggest that they would just freeze like that with hundreds of people watching and never expect anyone to find out. If there was a fakeness to the protest, it would be far more subtle than this.

If there was a fakeness to the protest, it would be far more subtle than this.

That's your perception. Perhaps you're used to better and more subtle forms of entertainment.

But it seems clear that others are not:
Pallywood (Arabic: باليوود‎ Bālīwūd; Hebrew: פאליווד‎), a portmanteau of "Palestinian" and "Hollywood", is a coinage that has been used by some pro-Israeli media watchdog advocates, among others, to describe alleged "media manipulation, distortion and outright fraud by the Palestinians and other Arabs ... designed to win the public relations war against Israel." The incidents of the Muhammad al-Durrah tapes and the 2006 Lebanon War photographs controversies (dubbed "Hizbollywood" or "Hezbollywood")[1] are notable events which have been cited as examples.[2]

The term has been publicized in part by Boston University professor Richard Landes, as a result of an online documentary video he produced called Pallywood: According to Palestinian Sources, alleging specific instances of media manipulation.
Wikipedia
It probably wouldn't look the same if they owned more communications networks and more satellites. There again, people on the internet might know about their attempts at media manipulation either way. You're right, though. That was a pretty lame attempt. Painful to watch, really... where are their production values?

Never trust anything you are told or shown, especially when national interests or intelligence agencies are involved and/or providing the funding.

So tell me why you are so trusting of the source. What proves that this video was a part of a staged, and not a re enactment as part of a film or documentary? People do write about current events, and this is obviously an event of importance to them so it would seem fitting that there would be films and a documentaries about it already.

That was a pretty lame attempt. Painful to watch, really... where are their production values?

You're presuming it was an attempt at faking a protest scene for media consumption as a real protest scene. The video and people standing around watching make it pretty clear this was not the case. It was something else.

So tell me why you are so trusting of the source.

I'm not trusting it.

The end of that quote was:
...always verify independently, preferably with numerous sources: after all the video below may well be a counter-provocation to discredit the MB, or not. Nobody knows for sure.
That, and of course just enjoy what is shown on TV for what it is: a thrilling, and often times very fictional, action movie which always has an agenda. Zerohedge
Do you find it odd that Hillary lied and tried to blame a Youtube video a while back? Shouldn't she have blamed the networks that spread the video and not Youtube?

You're presuming it was an attempt at faking a protest scene for media consumption as a real protest scene. The video and people standing around watching make it pretty clear this was not the case. It was something else.

Given the existence of Pallywood and their horrible production values in the past, that's not necessarily the case. Not to mention that the CIA's own production values seem to be slipping these days. Maybe that's why they're awarding themselves or allowing themselves to be awarded an Oscar for Argo and so forth?

Made it happen on purpose or let it happen on purpose, you be the judge. I wonder, will Dancing With Stars Earning Stripes in the MidEast be the next award winning episode? There again, many of the veterans of real wars didn't like the show Stars Earn Stripes. And there's probably a limit as to how far the idea of perceptions as reality can be stretched, too.

Last edited:
I'm not trusting it.

The end of that quote was:
...always verify independently, preferably with numerous sources: after all the video below may well be a counter-provocation to discredit the MB, or not. Nobody knows for sure.
That, and of course just enjoy what is shown on TV for what it is: a thrilling, and often times very fictional, action movie which always has an agenda. Zerohedge
But you are the one who is making the assumption that they are crisis actors. All you have here is a brief clip showing some seemingly enacted protests for some reason. There is no other information to be harnessed from this. Why are they filming? What is the purpose of their production? Who is behind the Camera? What happened before and after the video was shot? Is the video edited out of context? All of these are very important questions but none of them are answered. They are basically sowing the seeds of speculation so people can make this fit whatever frame their world view happens to be. Some might think that it's proof that the Muslim Brotherhood is being used as a tool by the MSM to generate sympathy while others might think that it's proof that the media and government uses crisis actors for everything to push their agenda(s).

The bottom line is that is just a video that proves nothing unless you can back up your speculations.

My controversial second post. It may not be in line with the forum as I cannot present proof.

I've seen the youtube video of these actors freezing on the spot in a mock demo. It came to me via a Wool'ich CT off youtube to my inbox. It had an outlandish title and voice over narration that's contents just couldn't be verified. Having had some business dealing with the middle east truth can be a sparse commodity. Equally the CT community suffers far to much "confirmation bias" to be taken seriously.

Anyway, the point I'm making. A few weeks ago my wife and I were watching the BBC 6PM news. There was a report from Cairo about mass shooting of demonstrators. You remember when 500 + were shot. The news clip filmed a row of injured laying down in a building being cared by medics. One particular chap has plenty of blood on his T-shirt right middle of the abdomen. One would assume he's been shot just above the liver. The cam is filming this as a medic pulls up his T-shirt. There's no injury and the injured guy kicks away the medics hand. My wife spotted that so I replayed it back with the Tevo and she was right. My initial thoughts were the BBC had used some dodgy footage. I still do.

Where am I going with this? So! up turns this video in my intray. When I eventually watch it the guy in that BBC news clip is in it. It's the guy with the red and white stripped T-shirt that you can see laying down holding an arm up.

So what to make of it? It doesn't mean the shootings weren't real. That's been verified by world media / press. It just means the Beeb used dodgy video filler for the artical. I searched the Beebs achives and watched every video over that period. I couldn't find it. Short of asking the Beeb to put half of Augusts 6PM news on a CD I don't think I will find it. Frankly...just to prove the BBC used dodgy video filler hardly seems worth the hassle....just adding to this thread.

This guy?

My initial thought would be the most likely thing would be mistaken identity. Lots of people look similar, especially if you are just going by a weeks old recollection of something you saw on TV. I don't think anyone would give this credence unless you could show the footage.

Last edited:
This guy?

My initial thought would be the most likely thing would be mistaken identity. Lots of people look similar, especially if you are just going by a weeks old recollection of something you saw on TV. I don't think anyone would give this credence unless you could show the footage.

It's the guy at 02.00 in the video of the OP. White T-shirt with 1 red stripe. Yep! you are right....no credence without the footage. Even if I got the footage what would it matter in the context of the incident? In my mind nothing. It doesn't mean the incident didn't happen. It just means the Beeb got sloppy

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the guy at 02.00 in the video of the OP. White T-shirt with 1 red stripe. Yep! you are right....no credence without the footage. Even if I got the footage what would it matter in the context of the incident? In my mind nothing. It doesn't mean the incident didn't happen. It just means the Beeb got sloppy

Ah, this guy.

Again though, lots of people look like other people. And even if they don't it's easy for your memory to create a resemblance.

Last edited:
So I'm confused. The pictures above are from a staged drill? But the claim is the BBC showed footage of the staged drill by accident while covering a story of a real incident?

So I'm confused. The pictures above are from a staged drill? But the claim is the BBC showed footage of the staged drill by accident while covering a story of a real incident?
Yes and no. The Beeb did NOT show footage from the staged drill / video above. What they showed was a lot of people in a building being given medical aid. The clip was less than a minute. It was being narrated over about the injured from the protester shootings by the Egyptian army. Yes! I could be wrong about the individuals identity but after a memory prompter instigated by my wife I'm quite certain. I also accept fully that without the footage I can't prove that point. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it. As a pragmatist it doesn't prove anything other than Beeb back office not being dilligent.

Yes and no. The Beeb did NOT show footage from the staged drill / video above. What they showed was a lot of people in a building being given medical aid. The clip was less than a minute. It was being narrated over about the injured from the protester shootings by the Egyptian army. Yes! I could be wrong about the individuals identity but after a memory prompter instigated by my wife I'm quite certain. I also accept fully that without the footage I can't prove that point. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it. As a pragmatist it doesn't prove anything other than Beeb back office not being dilligent.

If the guy had a red stripe on his t-shirt, how do you know it was blood and not the red stripe?
Sorry, not sure if it matters.

If the guy had a red stripe on his t-shirt, how do you know it was blood and not the red stripe?
Sorry, not sure if it matters.
In the BBC news clip the fellow was wearing light brown shorts and a white T-shirt. I do not recall a stripe. The T-shirt had what you would presume to be blood over ther upper right part of the abdomen. When he kicked pushed the aiders hand away he had dark coloured sandles or trainers on. Definatly flat soled without a heel.

Back