Video of helicopter leaving "chemtrail"?

Trailblazer

Staff member
This video allegedly shows a helicopter at fairly low altitude spraying some kind of "chemtrail":

The trails appears to be associated with a small cumulus cloud, with the helicopter "dragging out" small puffs of cloud as it flies through the cloud, but the exact mechanism is a mystery to me. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
This video allegedly shows a helicopter at fairly low altitude spraying some kind of "chemtrail":

The trails appears to be associated with a small cumulus cloud, with the helicopter "dragging out" small puffs of cloud as it flies through the cloud, but the exact mechanism is a mystery to me. Any thoughts?

It does not look to me that the trail is associated with that cloud, as at the end of the video the trail's remnants are well behind it along the helicopter track. This means that the trail and the cloud are probably at different altitudes

I am not 100% sure that the trail is associated with the helicopter, but, if it is, it appears to come from the rotor blades. They are known to make wingtip vortices in humid conditions.

Could it be some kind of an aerodynamic trail?

Vortices due to Helicopter Blades rotation (http://sitemaker.umich.edu/saiprasad/cool_cfd_simulations).

Last edited:

Spectrar Ghost

Senior Member.
I don't know. There's a vortex that appears in the first few seconds that seems to be through the cumulus cloud. I think the idea that the trail is moisture from the cloud entrained in the helo's vortex has merit.

Efftup

Senior Member.
That's what I would have though because there seems to be a very tiny bit of trail before the main part of the cloud and a little bit after that, after which it stops, (as you can even hear the video maker at 0:20 says "come on , spray you bastard") as there is no "spray" at all after the first few seconds of video.

Interesting also that the video poster seems to claim a HUGE knowledge of the spray campaign. In the comments when someone asks just how much they think a helicopter can carry, the OP claims a 2kg bag of mix can spray 1000 miles of trail.

That is 2g per mile or 1.2 mg per metre.

Last edited:

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
I don't know. There's a vortex that appears in the first few seconds that seems to be through the cumulus cloud. I think the idea that the trail is moisture from the cloud entrained in the helo's vortex has merit.
I don't know either whether it flew through a cloud or beneath it. Here are two screenshots showing relative positions of the trail and the cloud(s) in the beginning and near the end of the video, respectively:
View attachment 12943
View attachment 12944

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
Best Helicopter contrail above the Arctic Circle - fairly self explanatory and included FYI :)

Not really. These are exhaust contrails due to extremely low temperatures on the ground, which are shaped by the rotor blades vortices. There are photos of helicopter contrails of this kind here at Metabunk.

The OP case is different but it is not novel, here is a previous similar video:
In this case, the trail clearly comes from the rotor blades.

MikeC

Closed Account
Yes I know they are different......but helicopter contrails of any sort are relatively rare so the FYI bit is to help people with a resource to show that they do exist in the first place....when atmospheric conditions are right for them, as with all other contrails :)

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Trailblazer Reutlingen Fake UFO Video 2013 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
V GIMBAL Video: Simulating the ATFLIR Tracking and Gimbal Rotation UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 20
Rocky Gettysburg 'ghosts’ run across road [Windscreen smudge] General Discussion 4
D Falmouth "Shadow Creature" Video [Black Cat?] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 10
G Belarus demonstration video Current Events 2
M Fast moving object "intersecting clouds" in Hungarian YouTuber's video [Insect] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
U Looking for debunkings of the “Plandemic” video Coronavirus COVID-19 17
Jesse3959 Being seen from space - methods to demonstrate that sats are real and provide live video? Flat Earth 6
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Wizard Mexican UFO Video? [Oil Rigs] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
Mick West Original Flir1, Gimbal, and Go Fast UFO "Raw" Video Files UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 33
Mick West Simulating the Nimitz UFO video as a blurry plane UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 51
jarlrmai UFO video in Arizona from Reddit Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Old USAF "UFO" Video Mentioned By Chris Mellon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
Ravi Utah Drone video of UFO [Probably an insect] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 126
Mick West Blowing out Candles with a Single Punch General Discussion 47
Mick West Some New-ish WTC7 Photos (and video?) Corner Damage 9/11 6
B Bob Lazar 1989 Video Analysis Method UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
Mick West NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 452
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
StarGazer SpaceX Falcon 9 Captures Video of its own Contrail from Space UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
T FE balloon video curvature analysis using Blender Flat Earth 4
Mick West Explained: Viral Video of 787 Leaving Thick Contrails with Forced Perspective Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Astro Debunked: Astronaut's Arm Fades During ISS Video Proving "Green Screening" Science and Pseudoscience 1
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
penk CNN Greenscreened a guy on a ship? [No] General Discussion 12
Mick West Explained: Chilean Navy "UFO" video - Aerodynamic Contrails, Flight IB6830 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 186
Mick West Debunked: Video of "Islamics Marching Through Berlin" [Biker Gangs] General Discussion 4
Mick West Close Up Videos of Contrails Forming And Evolving Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 19
M Bornong "Something Strange" - Hurriyah car bombing video seems staged General Discussion 50
Mick West P900 Plane and Contrails Photos and Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 17
mik Lots of wingtip vortices in a FiAF exercise demo video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Video of New Orleans Superdome Illustrating Curvature and Refraction Flat Earth 5
Clouds Givemethewillies Automated Video Tracking of Planes Tools for Investigating and Debunking 42
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Leifer Polite video interviewing/debunking Practical Debunking 8
F Explained: Video of plane leaving "6 chemtrails, then 2" [Mixed Exhaust and Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Trailspotter Formation and Evolution of a Contrail Grid - Satellite Time-Lapse Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 22
SamBST Video of hot steel bending 9/11 43
Gary Cook 911 video with edited out planes. 9/11 6
passionfly1 Lets finally debunk Nico and Marco Kaschuba (video hoaxers) People Debunked 0
Trailblazer Explained: "Beam" in Video of Explosion In Iraq. [Rolling Shutter Artifact] General Discussion 11
robotriot Lightning Artefacts on Video Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Leifer Carly Fiorina's clamed "heart beating" abortion video General Discussion 7
Leifer United Airlines, 1966 route map - video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 3
Related Articles

Related Articles