Tolerance

F4Jock

Senior Member.
One of the words that has been drummed into our heads since PC began is " Tolerance." Tolerance is no longer a suggestion or a word defined as "A permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, ideas and freedom from bigotry" it has become a mandate by which we are supposed to live. While I agree that "Tolerance" is a laudable goal I am tired of having it shoved down my throat and up my ass. There are times when "Tolerance" needs to take a backseat, and today I am declaring myself a "Tolerance free zone!"

I will no longer tolerate obsessive stupidity. I will no longer tolerate those who hide behind race, religion or ethnicity, those who use those characteristics to allow them to say or do things that they demand others be exempted from. I will no longer tolerate politicians who, as two did just today, use a national crisis like the marathon bombings in an attempt to advance their agendas.

But most of all, I will no longer tolerate those who tell me to be tolerant in order that opinions and actions that have no merit whatsoever can be expressed and advanced at the expense of my forcefully and clearly stating my opinion, not only of others' thoughts but about those who express them.

That said, I owe my fellow man all reasonable attempts to educate and the patience to do so. I, however, reserve the right to determine when and if my patience is exhausted and the attempts end.

Back