Theodore White - astrological aspects explain punch up in Ukrainian parliament

I've never heard of this guy before you brought him up. Does he have much of a following? Is he worth debunking?

Not to mention that here in the southern hemisphere it was the autumnal equinox.....bloody northern hemispherists...;)

I've never heard of this guy before you brought him up.

You must not say that Mick - you'll upset him.

Does he have much of a following?

According to Kimmy he is world famous. However I can't see White on a list of famous American astrologers and none of my UK astrologer friends have heard of him either.
I think that Theodore White, the world famous astrologer, is right. He is one of the most well-respected mundane astrologers in the world. This is a REAL astrologer who if you google, has forecasted things that did, in fact, happen, like the Japan Earthquake he predicted in 2011.

Is he worth debunking?

Well he claims that his astrological practices are as a polymath and scientist. He thinks he is worth being listened to: http://research.aerology.com/uncategorized/theodore-white-astrometeorologist/

All you have to do is to Google his forecasts Fuzzy. The mundane astrologer Theodore White predicted the economic crisis before it happened. He is also a astrometeorologist weather forecaster who predicted the El Nino and La Nina and the Japan Earthquake too: http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/aftershocks

If you are going to try to "debunk" him, then good luck to you because he already has done more accurate forecasting of things that have actually happened then you have.

Even British astrologer Penny Thornton has heard of Theodore White: http://horoscopes.lovetoknow.com/astrology-expert-interviews/interview-astrologer-penny-thornton

So if your "astrologer friends" have never heard of him then that must mean that they are not really astrologers because Mr. White is very well known worldwide. I wonder why you are so interested in an astrologer who clearly knows what he is doing? Perhaps you are jealous of him or something FuzzyUK?

All you have to do is to Google his forecasts Fuzzy. The mundane astrologer Theodore White predicted the economic crisis before it happened. He is also a astrometeorologist weather forecaster who predicted the El Nino and La Nina and the Japan Earthquake too: http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/aftershocks

If you are going to try to "debunk" him, then good luck to you because he already has done more accurate forecasting of things that have actually happened then you have.

Even British astrologer Penny Thornton has heard of Theodore White: http://horoscopes.lovetoknow.com/astrology-expert-interviews/interview-astrologer-penny-thornton

So if your "astrologer friends" have never heard of him then that must mean that they are not really astrologers because Mr. White is very well known worldwide. I wonder why you are so interested in an astrologer who clearly knows what he is doing? Perhaps you are jealous of him or something FuzzyUK?

Why so prickly, Kimmy? Theodore White can make his own representations, but you come across as though you are a representative of Theodore White - even more so as actually being Theodore White himself !!! Could it be that he has a fused identity (and possibly a fused Internet Provider number with someone else)? If that might be the case then it just shows insecurity and devious behaviour.

Any astrologer worth his salt would welcome discussion on the topic instead of getting on the defensive. Run along and Google, Kimmy, whilst others here discuss.
-----------

As for the Japanese earthquake, Theodore did not mention a specific magnitude quake for a specific date for a specific country. White's basis for claim orientates around:

* a range of some 20 dates covering a 61 day (roughly 2 month) span.

* on the "Ring of Fire" (a 22,000 mile stretch at a guess?) that covered a wide range of countries ranging from China, Japan, the Philippines, the Aleutian Islands, British Columbia, California, Mexico, and the entirety of South America.

* A broad range of earthquake Magnitudes (ranging from 6.6 to 7.9) with an 88.9% probability rate.

* and additional claim that "There are additional planetary configuration signals I've interpreted that show even stronger quakes by scale - 8.9 to 9.2 in magnitude."

Oh, and California was going to get sucked up in all this drama. Still floating is it?

1) Are his predictions specific as to the time and the event?

2) How many times has he been wrong? What's his batting average?

OK - Here's his earthquake prediction:

Theodore White did NOT specifically mention a specific magnitude quake for a specific date for a specific country. White's basis for claim orientates around:

* a range of some 20 dates covering a 61 day (roughly 2 month) span.

* on the "Ring of Fire" (a 22,000 mile stretch at a guess?) that covered a wide range of countries ranging from China, Japan, the Philippines, the Aleutian Islands, British Columbia, California, Mexico, and the entirety of South America.

White's total hit rate amounts to around 6% when examined properly
-------------------------------------------

FOR REFERENCE.
White's original prediction:

During the entire month of March 2011 we can expect to hear of powerful earthquakes along the 'Ring of Fire.'

In March, look first to Asia for seismic action in the northern hemisphere - China and Japan, then to the Philippines, along to the Aleutian Islands, Alaska, to British Columbia, Canada, then to California in the United States, stretching down to Mexico and into South America.

With the global transits at hand, there are sure to be powerful, large magnitude earthquakes in the months of March and April.

My astrological calculations show a 88.9% rating for significant seismic activity between 6.6 to 7.9+ in magnitude.

There are additional planetary configuration signals I've interpreted that show even stronger quakes by scale - 8.9 to 9.2 in magnitude. Some people will not believe me, but transits are well within astrological red-zone warning range.

Significant Dates

*March 10,11
*March 18,19,20,21
March 28
April 1,2,3
*April 4
*April 6,7
*April 9,10
*April 15
*April 16,17,18
April 24

Caution is strongly advised for those living in and near the regions highlighted in the map below.
-------------------------------------------
Content from External Source

Incidentally, the "Ring of Fire" consist of almost 3 dozen countries. And I see 20 "significant" dates listed over a 45 day period. (Make it 61 if you include all of March and April). How many variables is that?

1) Are his predictions specific as to the time and the event?

2) How many times has he been wrong? What's his batting average?

Hits occurred on March 11 and April 7 (2 out of 20)
Misses? Around 35

Wow not only predicting events that happen on semi irregular cycles but also predicting an earthquake in an area that has loads of earthquakes. I must admit I am impressed.

Wow not only predicting events that happen on semi irregular cycles but also predicting an earthquake in an area that has loads of earthquakes. I must admit I am impressed.

Two days earlier on 9 March a large magnitude (Mag 7.3) FORESHOCK occurred within 30 miles of the epicenter of the main March 11 quake. It doesn't take much to work out from a foreshock that another large quake might happen. (Note: White's blog originally written on 4 March was updated on 10 March. Wonder why?)

From this website http://earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/news/laquila_verdict.html#foreshock we learn:

"Are large earthquakes always preceded by smaller ones?

Earthquakes occur in sequences that are clustered in space and time. The largest earthquake in the sequence is known as the mainshock. The mainshock is followed by aftershocks, the number of which increases with the magnitude of the mainshock. Earthquakes that occur before the mainshock are known as foreshocks. These can only be identified after the mainshock. Analysis of data worldwide (Reasenberg, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 155, 355-379 (1999)) shows that only about 15% of earthquakes are preceded by a foreshock that is within one unit of magnitude of the mainshock and within 10 days and 75 km of the origin time and epicentre."

I've never heard of this guy before you brought him up. Does he have much of a following? Is he worth debunking?
I had a full report done by him (after a lot of pressuring from him), at an expensive rate and the report was pretty far off. I have done astrology in the past but left it behind for over 10 years, so felt I needed to deal with getting a reading from an experienced astrologer of which, he passed himself off as, to me.

Well, so far, his 18 month report has been so far off its not funny. On telephone conversations, he asked lots of questions and i think just came up with something based upon the info I told him, not really sending me an in-depth forecast. I still have it and sometimes literally glance at it, and chide myself for wasting so much money.

Be nice if some of these astrologists could predict some important stuff IN ADVANCE and specifically enough to do something about it.....

Heck, I can look at my son's and my chart, progressed etc well enough to see some stuff, but I had hoped for a more experienced person to offer guidance through chart analyses but all we got were *doomsday will fall if you don't do this or that*….

Heck, I can look at my son's and my chart, progressed etc well enough to see some stuff, but I had hoped for a more experienced person to offer guidance through chart analyses but all we got were *doomsday will fall if you don't do this or that*….
points to ponder. For example most astrologists think Cesarean births should be counted as teh actual birth date. Personally i disagree, i still wonder what my actual birthdate is.

For a natal chart to be accurate, it is necessary to have a time of birth which is as accurate as possible. To calculate a horoscope the time of birth is converted toGreenwich Mean Time, so it is important to know the time zone and to take into account whetherdaylight saving timewas in force.
There have been relatively accurate registrations of all births in Germany since 1876. Before that time the church was responsible for recording all births. Since the end of the second World War, births have usually been recorded to the nearest minute. Any person interested in their own horoscope can and should get hold of his/her birth time from the registry office.

In the first half of the 20th century, the times were usually recorded to the nearest quarter of an hour. Only since the 1950s has it become common practice to record the time to the nearest minute or at least 5 minutes. The latter is generally sufficient for a fairly accurate horoscope except when the Ascendant, Medium coeli or any otherhouse cuspis close to the end or beginning of a sign because the Ascendant advances on average one degree every four minutes - which of course also affects the position of the other house cusps. It should now be obvious that in such a case the accuracy of the birth time is vital to accurately calculate the sign on the Ascendant or Medium coeli. A time accurate to within a minute is also important when usingpredictive methods. In order to achieve more accurate results, some astrologers use various methods of [[chart rectification]]. A more exact definition of the time of birth can be found in the articleMoment of Birth.

Cesarean sections and artificially induced births are frequently discussed topics, with one of the most common questions being whether the birth times are still as valid as those for natural births. There are differing views on the subject. Anyone who supports the idea that astrology (and therefore the birth process) has at its basis the idea that living organisms are sensitive to cosmic stimuli will have doubts about the time of any cesarean section which isn't part of the natural labour process. This would mean that the times of births resulting from hormonal treatment or other kinds of medical interference would only be of limited validity for any natal chart.

Many people were born by cesarean section or had their times of birth influenced by other medical factors which would mean that astrologers already work with a large number of birth times they consider to be of limited validity. And it is important to remember that under difficult circumstances many so-called natural births are influenced by medical practice. This also applies to such natural methods such as homeopathic treatment, mammary stimulation or the combination of enemas and fasting. In all of these cases an external human element is involved.
There is also a different line of argument which states that any methods used to help the birth process could be viewed as part of the cosmic plan, and that in the end each individual is always born at the appropriate time whether or not outside help was given.
Content from External Source

If he is that good, he probably knew about this thread before we all did.

points to ponder. For example most astrologists think Cesarean births should be counted as teh actual birth date. Personally i disagree, i still wonder what my actual birthdate is.
Nah, the *real* astrologers go by the date of conception.

He "predicted" the financial crisis before it happened, but AFTER virtually every expert that wasn't an adviser to the president or talking head for Fox News predicted it.

Now, looking at that page, he predicted the "an earthquake" in relation to the Super Moon, predicting that it would occur when the Moon was at perigee, its closest approach to Earth. However, the earthquake it's claimed to be predicting was close to the new moon. The new moons preceding and following a Super Moon are very close to apogee, its farthest point from the Earth. In literal terms, despite the close spacing, his prediction could not have been more inaccurate unless he had predicted major earthquakes at every Super Moon for several years. Oh, wait, he did an those didn't happen at all? Ok then.

The other astrologers mentioned on that page "predicted" the same Earthquake the day after it happened, several had been predicting only good fortune from six planets being in Ares, one predicting war, none predicting earthquake, only postdicting.

Back