Some fuel quality seminars.......

MikeC

Closed Account
That IMO would be rally educational for "chemmies" to attend to see how aviation works in the real world rather than their imaginations - however at US$600 for the day and travel costs my hopes are not high! :)

there are 2 - in Dubai or Singapore in February - perhaps someone whio is concerned about the possibility of additives to aviation fuel causing "chemtrails" might like to consider attending one of these or something similar??

These seminars are going to address the forthcoming fuel quality standard EI/JIG 1530 -
EI/JIG 1530 provides a standard to assist in the maintenance of aviation fuel quality, from its point of manufacture through (sometimes complex) distribution systems to airports. It provides mandatory provisions and good practice recommendations for the design/functional requirements of facilities, and operational procedures.

EI/JIG 1530 is intended for adoption worldwide, by any company or organisation involved in the refining, storage or handling of aviation fuel upstream of airports. This includes those companies/organisations responsible for the design, construction, operation, inspection or maintenance of refineries, pipelines, marine vessels, coastal/inland waterway barges, road tankers, rail tank cars or storage installations, and aviation fuel testing laboratories and inspection companies.

The need for the management of aviation fuel quality throughout the supply chain has been recognized by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), which has issued Doc 9977 Manual on civil aviation jet fuel supply to the civil aviation authorities of the 191 Member States of ICAO. EI/JIG 1530 is included in the ICAO Manual as a key reference.
Content from External Source
Check also this short slide presentation EI/JIG 1530 - a refiners perspective - I was interested in "Control of “Incidental” and “Adventitious” materials (Section 6.4)" on page 5......

This standard is something I haven't heard of before and not the sort of thing I deal with any more, but it was still interesting to read about it.

Looking at your attachment I saw no reference to Sulfur mitigation . . . seems like it would be part of the conference?

Back