Solved: MH17: is this part of a missile? [Concrete Grinding Pads]

mvdb22

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Journalist Jeroen Akkermans made many photos on the crashsite.
One of his pictures shows a round objects with smaller objects inside it. Some of the objects are missing.

What is this objects? Could it be a part of the missle? For example fragments used in the warhead?

It's very unlikely (if not impossible) that something designed to fragment would survive detonation. It look more like some kind of rubber bumper. It appears to lay across the ground like it's flexible.

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
It's very unlikely (if not impossible) that something designed to fragment would survive detonation. It look more like some kind of rubber bumper. It appears to lay across the ground like it's flexible.

How close would you say it was to that seatbelt buckle?

Trailblazer

Staff member
This photo shows two five more of the same thing (lower centre).

14725458801_dbbe898ccb_k.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroenakkermans/14725458801/in/set-72157645471359080

Edit, actually, if you take a closer look, there are five of them, with some edge-on and/or upside down.

upload_2014-10-3_10-6-54.png

I thought at first that the black circular thing at the front was some kind of container for them, but on closer inspection it's just the back of a fifth one of the same objects.

Whatever they are, they're made in Bulgaria. Any ideas? I wonder if the white rectangular part, which looks like some kind of electronic connector, is related?

Last edited:

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
Certainly looks like some kind of rubber bumper as Mick said. If the one in the first pic had turned out to be smaller I was going to hazard a guess at a 'foot' off the bottom of a suitcase.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Judging from the other objects in the photo (shoes etc), I would say they are maybe about 4 to 5 inches in diameter?

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
Judging from the other objects in the photo (shoes etc), I would say they are maybe about 4 to 5 inches in diameter?

I'd say that's about right. Luckily there wasn't anyone around in the office to see me holding up a ruler against my shoe.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
Last edited:

Ray Von Geezer

Senior Member.
Whatever they are, they're made in Bulgaria. Any ideas? I wonder if the white rectangular part, which looks like some kind of electronic connector, is related?
The rectangular thing looks like a single-pole circuit breaker, like you'd see in a domestic consumer unit. I'm not sure whether they'd use those types of breakers on an aircraft, so perhaps that was in the cargo too?

Ray Von

*edit* - they're normally about 90mm tall, though I can't really tell if that fits with the disks being 100mm in diameter?

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Christophe Isbert The Mississippi Triangle Mystery (status: solved or probably solved) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Solved: Portsmouth UK, "Alien Flight Path" UFO Contrail [Private Jet + Perspective] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West Solved: U-Shaped Contrail near San Francisco [NASA502 Survey, again] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Solved: "Alien" with "shadow" on the Moon [Debris in Camera] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 59
MikeC Solved: Tube in MH 17 wreckage?? [9m111 anti-tank rocket from old Il-76 footage] Flight MH17 22
Ezswo [Solved] MH-17 was 9M-MRD, so Why are there photos of 9M-MRC? ['D' partially obscured] Flight MH17 204
Mick West Solved: Strange Beam of Light over Mayan Temple and Florida [Lightning + Rolling Shutter Artifact] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 81
S Claim: Russian radar would have picked up MH17 missile Flight MH17 15
tadaaa MH17 Documentary from the BBC Flight MH17 81
U MH17 Missile/Plane Intersection Simulation Flight MH17 23
Mick West Almaz-Antey's Live BUK explosion tests Flight MH17 141
Bruce Lansberg Dutch Safety Board publish reports on MH17 crash, Tuesday Oct 13 Flight MH17 14
MikeC Dutch release draft report to involved parties Flight MH17 0
Herman Aven Confirmed Claim: disputed satelite imagery showing "changes in vegetation" Flight MH17 14
william wiley Does Damage to MH17 indicate or exclude a Particular Buk Launch Location? Flight MH17 662
M Claim: Robert Parry: Australian 60 Minutes fudged evidence to pin blame on Russia Flight MH17 21
Bruce Lansberg Claim: Jeroen Akkermans: Framents prove MH17 was shot down by a Russian made BUK Flight MH17 34
Bruce Lansberg Dutch Government discloses 245 official documents Flight MH17 0
M Debunked: this photo shows a Ukraine Mig-29 shot down MH17 Flight MH17 66
M Possible Shrapnel in MH17 Wreckage? Flight MH17 26
Bruce Lansberg Main prosecuter Westerbeke says metal particles have been found in the victims bodies and luggage Flight MH17 10
M Claim: Malaysian experts were shot at by Ukraine SU-25 and by GRAD Flight MH17 10
M Claim: MH17 was shot down by separatists using BUK stolen from Ukraine army Flight MH17 32
M What part of forward fuselage is this ? Flight MH17 1
R MH 370 Leroy Alexander? Flight MH17 1
Ezswo Debunked: MH17 - 10 Previous Flightpaths Different From 17-7 Flight MH17 27
KAT MH17 - developments after a month - Aug 17 Flight MH17 4
Franckly Debunked: MH17 Air to air missile Assumption ? [Unrelated 35° angle] Flight MH17 25
Juha MH17 Hypotheses Flight MH17 159
WeeBee MH17: Pinpointing the precise location of the missile impact point Flight MH17 53
Jason Debunked: MH17: Supposed satellite video of missile launch [Fake] Flight MH17 14
Mick West Debunked: "Official Photoshopping" of MH17 photo [Window cover physically removed] Flight MH17 7
Brian Griffin Explained: MH17: Why Are There Expired "Pristine" Passports in the Wreckage? [Visa in Old Passport] Flight MH17 12
Mick West MH17: Video of flight activity before and after the crash Flight MH17 32
Josh Heuer MH17: Russia Claims Ukranian military plane flying nearby before incident Flight MH17 121
Mick West Debunked: MH17 Video Timestamped before the crash, and other timeline issues Flight MH17 8
TEEJ MH17: Evidence a Missile was Used. Shrapnel, etc. Flight MH17 448
Libertarian MH17 Evidence Video Time Stamped Before Crash Flight MH17 12
Mick West Flight MH17 News Flight MH17 79
Gridlock Why was MH17 Flying Over The Conflict Region? Flight MH17 102
Leifer MH17.....claiming responsibility ? Flight MH17 19
C MH17 Malaysian 777 Carrying 295 People Shot Down Over Ukraine Flight MH17 410
A Needs Debunking: Proposed COVID Vaccine will become part of our DNA, make us programmable Coronavirus COVID-19 10
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mick West "UFO" Crash in Russia Near World Cup Match - Rocket Part UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Trailblazer Explained: Vatican "chemtrail spraying" coin [part of set depicting Pope's travels] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Zeke3276 Zeke's Theory on "energy weapons" causing wildfires as part of Agenda 21 Wildfires 26
Mick West How Buckling Led to "Free Fall" acceleration for part of WTC7's Collapse. 9/11 127
Mick West Explained: Chinese UFO Crashes in Fiery Crater - Space Junk, Part of Rocket Motor UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 28
J Debunked: Blurred NASA image on Mars [Stitched in part of the Rover] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 13
Related Articles

Related Articles