Reflection or something else ?

Daves!

Someone posted a post with some pictures from his security webcam on a Dutch UFO sightings site.
Claiming to have no idea what it was.

Im trying to figure out if we are looking to a reflection and this person is trying to put up a hoax.

What a moderator and someone commenting noticed was that next to the object(s) the letters CLASSIC can been seen in the mirror. The letters seen in the photo's are mirrored.
We emailed the person for more information like whats his location and what kind of webcam.
Also if he could send in a picture of that location in daylight. Im also wondering why would you put a security webcam towards that field
So any help to figure out if it is a reflection would be appreciated as always.

Date is 31.12.2023 around 03:00
Location Nunmansdorp
the link to the post

https://ufomeldpunt.nl/melding/17682-webcam-heeft-drie-lichtbollen-boven-ons-weiland-gefilmd

Attachments

• ufo-numansdorp-31-december-2023-10913 (2).jpg
    ufo-numansdorp-31-december-2023-10913 (2).jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ufo-numansdorp-31-december-2023-10920 (1).jpg
    ufo-numansdorp-31-december-2023-10920 (1).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20240102-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20240102-WA0013.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
You can see the "light shape" 3 times. It looks like reflections on a window made of multiple glass panes.
My best guess is it's the reflection of a screen partially hidden by a curtain. You can even see a rim lighting effect on the curtain. The letters are the reflection of what's written on the window curtain.

You can see the "light shape" 3 times. It looks like reflections on a window made of multiple glass panes.
My best guess is it's the reflection of a screen partially hidden by a curtain. You can even see a rim lighting effect on the curtain. The letters are the reflection of what's written on the window curtain.
Yeah it's the reflection of a TV or computer monitor partially obscured by something with 'classic' or similar written on it.

Another tell-tale of it being a reflection, is that if that was a physical luminous object in the field, it would illuminate the surroundings, which we do not see here.

Translation:
"Our security camera captured this last night. It appears to be shining bright white light on the ground. It must have been very brief, almost less than a second, as it is only on a single frame.

The object was noticed when reviewing the photos."

Is this the reflection of the camera with the lights on? The writing may be on the case of the camera.

pw-category-image-wifi-cameras-500x500-1.jpg

Attachments

• pw-category-image-wifi-cameras-500x500-1.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
But if the camera is pointed out a double paned window... why don't they get reflections like this all the time?

Maybe, the camera doesn't have lights. Maybe a beam of light hit the camera and lit it up. Car headlights? The UFO is the accidentally illuminated camera. That makes more sense.

Maybe not a double paned window. This could be an internal reflection in the lens cover?

The writing seems to be curved. Could it be a logo on the circular bit around the lens?

816kRBoy0WL._AC_SL1500_.png

MTD4095singleblack.jpg
Best evidence of this would be a photo of the security cam. Or just tell us the make and model.

Last edited:
Looking at the pics that do NOT show the UFO may be instructive:

ufo-numansdorp-31-december-2023-10917.jpg

Some obvious raindrops close the horizon, in this one, less obvious ones elsewhere and in other stills from the source in Post 1. I suspect the writing may be unrelated to the UFO -- the writing is reflected from somewhere, perhaps the camera itself, but the UFO I suspect is caused by a raindrop that happens to be catching some light from somewhere.

My version of the writing

rotate.png
rotate k.png
rotate k.png

Besides Glassi or Classi I can read the letters as CASSI or GASSI or ACASSI or AGASSI or... It might all be APPLESAUCE.

Last edited:
In the comments section. This is the guy who originally posted

Peter
"**The word 'classic' is indeed a reflection in the window (the camera is behind the window in the dormer). The camera takes a photo every 5 seconds, so it must have come and gone very quickly. No other idea.**"

Looking at the pics that do NOT show the UFO may be instructive:

ufo-numansdorp-31-december-2023-10917.jpg

Some obvious raindrops close the horizon, in this one, less obvious ones elsewhere and in other stills from the source in Post 1. I suspect the writing may be unrelated to the UFO -- the writing is reflected from somewhere, perhaps the camera itself, but the UFO I suspect is caused by a raindrop that happens to be catching some light from somewhere.
The word Classic (or whatever) is still faintly visible.

The guy who posted the photo says the camera is behind a window. I'm back to speculating that some light source external to the room (Maybe car headlights?) illuminated something on the camera or near the camera.

Or it's a light source inside the room.

Or an external light source, such as headlights, is refracted by a raindrop.

Last edited:
can the EXIF data provide some more information ?
In the link you can press on the pictures and there is a " i " next to it for the EXIF data. Can that help somehow ?

You are right and i noticed If you slide back and forth the both pictures only raindrops on the right side get illuminated.
Another tell-tale of it being a reflection, is that if that was a physical luminous object in the field, it would illuminate the surroundings, which we do not see here.

Or it's a light source inside the room.
Bingo. How about a phone screen. I suspect this picture was made to look like it does, or it was found to be a "happy mistake" and nice to post on an ufo website for the fun of it. I cannot prove it, and yes I always suspect hoaxes.

My thought are currently

The thing with "classic" is in the the room.
The thing with "classic" is illuminated on the edge by the light and also partially obscures the light.
Thus the light is in the room.

Has anyone been able to accurately geolocate the location of the webcam? The coordinates given on the UFO webpage are not very accurate. This is where the webpage states, but the view from there doesnt match whats seen in the webcam image
1704281039261.png

1704281096716.png

The desctription (translated from Dutch) suggests that the webcam overlooks a 'pasture', so perhaps here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.733...h9CoP6w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en-GB&entry=ttu

Shed with white roof matches.
1704280966041.png

In the link you can press on the pictures and there is a " i " next to it for the EXIF data. Can that help somehow ?
Please use the Reply button so we know which post you are referring to.

Not much info there. No F-number or speed or anything, only size. I guess the webcam/security cam does not export that.

rotate k.png

Besides Glassi or Classi I can read the letters as CASSI or GASSI or ACASSI or AGASSI or... It might all be APPLESAUCE.
I'd go for "CLASS!", personally, but that's not important. I agree with @jarlrmai and others that the mysterious light is on the same side of reflective glass as the "CLASS!" thing partially obscuring it, as it definitely looks to me like the light has illuminated it (the streaks above and below).

Another photo with the lights on might illuminate the issue. (Technically, if this is not a room and there's no lights, a flash photo taken from the same position/angle should work, as the angle to the glass looks oblique enough to not blind too much of the camera's view, and of course a hand can make a cheap barndoor to cut down on that.)

I see two overlapping reflections of the same vertical rectangular-ish (rectanguloid?) shape, with two icons on top: rectangular and white on the left, round and red to the right; and possibly white writing in the bottom - it looks like two lines of text. You can see the red icon from the second, fainter reflection partly behind the white icon from the first, brighter one. My first thought was a phone screen tilted back, but looking again after others suggested a partly obscured screen, I tend to agree it's more likely.

The "CLASSIC" reflection to the right is visible in every frame, so it's probably not related, as in not having the same source, to the other reflection.

Back