President Trump's Facial Changes After His Coronavirus Diagnosis. [AI upscaled image]

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.

What's going on here? This is from the "Blessing From God" video which was released on Wed. There's been speculation on social media that this is a side effect from the corticosteroid

This is not Cushing syndrome. It could be a bad flareup of rosacea, which he's covered up with that orange makeup. What connection this would have with Covid-19 or the drugs he's taking I don't know. Emotional stress alone would be an adequate explanation. Perhaps physical irritation from masks.

Or it might be an allergic reaction to medication. Hives?

Last edited:
What's going on here? This from the "Blessing From God" video which was released on Wed. There's been speculation on social media that this is a side effect from the corticosteroid

huh. can corticosteroid get rid of your eye bags? he does look like he lost a little weight in his face, but even if they put him on a salt free diet i doubt that would get rid of eye bags so fast! if it did then every older woman would cut salt for a week.

1602166465597.png

he also has what looks like a little sty in his right eye. ( left in pic)

Last edited:
he also has what looks like a little sty in his right eye. ( left in pic)
You're right. On the dark side of the spectrum... this might be a bacterial infection.

Cellulitis?

Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and its inner layers- dermis and subcutaneous tissue. Streptococcus and Staphylococcus bacteria are known to cause cellulitis. Other bacteria such as Clostridium species and Pneumococcus can also bring cellulitis.

Cellulitis can occur to any ages of both male and female but is usually common to middle- aged individuals. Cellulitis is not a contagious condition.
Content from External Source
https://thenursewanderer.wordpress.com/2018/10/05/nurses-notes-cellulitis-of-the-fac/

Last edited:
You're right. On the dark side of the spectrum... this might be a bacterial infection.

Cellulitis?
anything is possible. i think he just didn't blend his cheek bronzer and undereye highlight well enough. the lower blob by his mouth he has always had too.
i think the lack of blending and the high side light of the sun is maybe just playing tricks with his face.

see how bulbous this chick's left cheek looks because of her blush and highlighter?
1602173863683.png

this is a bit exaggerated obviously, i didnt smudge anything, i just used the color picker to pick colors off his face and then used the airbrush to move the color to other areas. Trumps right cheek bone was always much more prominent then his left.

yea i dont know why his makeup is always so bad. it seems impossible a professional would do such a bad job.

fQT.jpg

can corticosteroid get rid of your eye bags?
Yes, under certain conditions.
Article:
Medications and steroid injections can provide temporary improvement, and some older surgical procedures offer mixed results.

But prolongued use of corticosteroids causes other medical problems.

My question is, do we have a reliable source for the "swollen face" picture of Trump?

Edit: I didn't realize that this split is not a before/after comparison, this difference is visible at the same time. This is a version of the video that the still shot is allegedly from, you can see the face in motion.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqzW-M-hkzA

Last edited:
His right eye (left side of photo) does seem historical to be the one he squints more with, plus the sun is coming from that side.
Metabunk 2020-10-08 10-31-42.jpgMetabunk 2020-10-08 10-32-57.jpg

He does not look well, but I'd caution reading too much into a single photo. Asymmetric lighting, and he's turned a bit to his left.

This is from the "Blessing From God" video which was released on Wed.

Where is this HD image from? I can only find 720p video.

This is where I got the photo

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/worl...ver-why-donald-trump-s-face-look-swollen.html

If it were a real medical condition - not just a trick of the the light and shadows - then it was transient. Hives, would fit. Some allergic reaction.

Main debunk: Definitely not Cushing syndrome, as was being speculated. The Cushing syndrome face comes from weight gain ( fat); is bilateral, and takes time to develop.

https://media.sciencephoto.com/c0/24/06/15/c0240615-800px-wm.jpg

Last edited:
Metabunk 2020-10-08 16-39-07.jpg

I'm still rather confused by the photo used in the OP. Here I've put it next to a similar frame from the video. The photo is much higher quality, but only in the face area. Look at the tie, the lapel pin, and the creases in his neck skin. All are much clearer in the video.

The photo seems to have been very strangely edited.

Metabunk 2020-10-08 17-13-59.jpg

This looks like the exact frame. 2:11:04 in the attached video. Notice backlit hairs missing from his right ear (left side of photo).

It's almost like someone used AI upscaling on the face area.

Attachments

• President Trump- Therapeutic and Vaccine Development.mp4
    44.5 MB

About a second on either side of the frame, for context.

Attachments

• trump short 1080p.mp4
    2.4 MB
I'm seeing some significant puffiness in your version. But I don't think it means much of anything.

The partly shut eye and the swollen cheek are evident on the full clip that I posted earlier, the shadow play on that side of the face as Trump speaks makes the real contours obvious. That's not the result of editing that single still image, if it was edited, that's really there.

Note also that Pence had a pink eye at the debate. I don't know whether that is related.

i was watching SNL's debate mockery (pretty funny). anyway the mouth blob does have to due with how Trump often positions his mouth. Even Alec can produce it when in the right muscular position

bt.png

If that's the explanation, it debunks other notions that were being put out there: that the right side of his face was slack due to Bell's Palsy or due to "mini-strokes."

Last edited:
If that's the explanation, it debunks other notions that were being put out there: that the right side of his face was slack due to Bell's Palsy or due to "mini-strokes."
i dont know anything about mini strokes, but i personally knew 2 men who had Bell's Palsy. it lasted a long time* and their mouths moved funny. Trump's mouth seems to be moving the way it always did.

*my young friend who got it still has slight signs of it on his face, 30 years later. i can't remember how long it took for his mouth to move normally again but it was months, not days.

My aunt did have facial paralysis on one side from brain tumors/surgery (still has a slight effect decades later).. if that's the same as what a mini stroke does, i would assume that would effect how his mouth moved also.

Close-up on his face from today. Looks pretty much like his normal face from this angle. Also makes it pretty clear that the skin in the OP image is not his.
Metabunk 2020-10-10 20-49-48.jpg

It's almost like someone used AI upscaling on the face area.

I just saw the mobile app "Remini"and gave it a go. It's remarkable. Here I take the video frame, and the AI generates

IMG_0327.PNG

Here's the full generated image.
2020-12-11_08-34-56.jpg

Pretty amazing. Note the tie is still a bit blurred, but the pattern is visible. This indicates the OP image was generated from an even lower resolution image (as you can't see the pattern on the tie)

Just to be clear, the photo posted by the OP is, as far as anyone knows, not from an official Trump/White House source, correct?

Just to be clear, the photo posted by the OP is, as far as anyone knows, not from an official Trump/White House source, correct?
Correct, it showed up on Twitter, with the claim that it was an official photo. But there is no evidence that it was.

Back