Overpopulation

Well that is what they mostly use it for, according to wiki. It is the first thing listed.
It really is a moot point though. Property tax is illegal.

"The power to tax real and personal property and the income from both, there being an apportionment, is conceded: that such tax is a direct tax in the meaning of the Constitution has not been, and, in our judgment, cannot be successfully denied:"
Pollock v. Farmers Loan & Trust, 157 U.S. 429 and 158 U.S. 601 (1895)

More BS.

Read your own post:

The power to tax real and personal property and the income from both, there being an apportionment, is conceded

If the property tax had been apportioned then it would have been legal.

the case you quoted was where income from property was NOT apportioned - therefore it was illegal, and was overturned.

Then the constitution was amended - 16th amendment - and that particular requirement has not applied ever since.

Ignorant "tax protestors" love to quote Pollock - without actually understanding it and making it real easy to show up their ignorance.

All the things you describe were paid through other means before property tax was enacted. Property tax is not needed.
16th is moot, because it has been invalidated, and also does not apply.

1) 16th was never ratified properly, making it null and void.

Wrong

2) After the 16th was passed, the supreme court ruled that the 16th gave NO NEW POWERS OF TAXATION.
If they did not have it before, then they still do not have it now.

Indeed - but since the constitution does allow for both direct and indirect taxation both are perfectly legal.

What the 16th did...and still does...is remove the requirement to apportion or enumerate particular taxes. Indeed it did not grant any new powers of taxation at all - it did not need to.

This is fun - got any other "tax protest" nonsense to be debunked?? :D

I think you are wrong Mike... And no amount of calling my posts BS will motivate me to change my mind.
Charlie wanted to move the topic back to population. Why don't you post in my "conspiracy to tax" thread? Nobody has posted in it for a long time. Did I win the argument there?

Mick and I mutually agreed that there was no more I could accomplish on his other site so let’s try to workthrough this one.

[Admin: impolite content removed]

Mick and I mutually agreed that there was no more I could accomplish on his other site so let’s try to workthrough this one.

[Admin: impolite content removed]

Sure, bring some evidence, make a theory about that evidence, and then we can work though that.

I've always had the notion, or plan.....that for every baby born.......the parents set up a space of land, and grow young trees on that land.
This way, when the child is of proper age....there is enough lumber to build a home.
Just one idea.

What we need is many "one ideas".

Back