New subforum suggestions for the site

i know the people who run the site are busy but I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts I had

1. A holocaust denial debunking forum, I know holocaust denial isn't extremely prevalent but it would be good to have some resources to get people out of the rabbit hole

2) An evolution/ debunking creationism forum.

Of course, a problem with this is that we don't want to alienate our more religious members.

i know the people who run the site are busy but I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts I had

1. A holocaust denial debunking forum, I know holocaust denial isn't extremely prevalent but it would be good to have some resources to get people out of the rabbit hole

Of course, a problem with this is that we don't want to alienate our more religious members.
Those topics, like global warming and political bunk, are pretty heavily covered already on other forums and sites.

They don't crop often enough here to warrant their own sub forums IMO, I've been here 3 years or so and I think holocaust denial was mentioned once in a thread about population control, and even then it was mentioned by one poster, and when challenged about his denial didn't flow up the point. As for creationism, it has never come up to my knowledge,

No doubt if a load of right wing revisionists arrived, or a load of young earthers and the topics gained traction, then I've no doubt that Mick and the admins would set up a sub-fora to cover the issues, like the MH370 or the Sandy Hook ones. But until then there is no need.

No doubt if a load of right wing revisionists arrived
if this means "anti-jew" types,.. they would be undoubtedly so heavily moderated, due to politeness policy and posting guidelines, I doubt they would stick around for long. so I don't see the topic gaining traction.

Also, I have a feeling that a holocaust denial section would attract holocaust denialists to the forum, which doesn't seem like a very good idea.

if this means "anti-jew" types,.. they would be undoubtedly so heavily moderated, due to politeness policy and posting guidelines, I doubt they would stick around for long. so I don't see the topic gaining traction.
I know I for one would find it harder than usual sticking to the PP if they did. :mad:

I raise my five fingers for an evolution/debunking creationism forum. The problem with it, in my opinion, is that both are based on far historical periods with no observations through the ages for which both groups believe their theory was at work. Also, many creationists claim their theory is still at work today in nature just as evolutionists claim for their own. However, at that point, this thread could be beneficial to both sides.

There is nothing to stop you starting a thread about a specific claim of evidence, providing you stick to the posting guidelines.

That means not posting things that have been explained elsewhere, so no "why are there still monkeys" type threads.

And since these are emotive topics, they will likely be held to a higher standard in terms of being precisely on-point, with no-click references, etc.

There is nothing to stop you starting a thread about a specific claim of evidence, providing you stick to the posting guidelines.

That means not posting things that have been explained elsewhere, so no "why are there still monkeys" type threads.

And since these are emotive topics, they will likely be held to a higher standard in terms of being precisely on-point, with no-click references, etc.
Agreed. I remember when Oxymoron tried to start a holocaust denial thread (or threatened to). There are some topics that almost don't meet the posting guidelines by default.

Back