Leaked Osama bin Laden Abbottabad Commission report on Al Jazeera - Debunks Conspiracy Theories

And the report of only one copter is just silly, since that would not be a smart way to do a raid. You always send more than you need. We learned that in the failed hostage rescue attempt in Iran.

Edit to add another local account from Al Jazeera:

That video was originally posted in 2011 on Youtube right after the supposed raid and posted Monday here. Last night, clicking the start arrow brings the following message:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Probably just a coincidence. 3 days after posting on a well known debunking site, the video, up for over 2 years, is now unavailable.

Well, now there are many copies. Posted in more places than before. They can take down one or two but they can't take them all down.

This seems to be a very credible account from a credible person, named by Al Jazeera. It's likely (it's a sure thing) that he knows more than any American that wasn't on that raid, seeing as how he is a local that lives in the area. But local witness accounts apparently do not matter much to Americans that want to feel good about the whole story.

Here is a working copy:

That person has never lied to me, but my government has lied about many things. So until some kind of proof is offered for Bin Ladens death (nothing so far other than the word of known liar Obama) the obvious rational choice is to believe the neighbor. The reasons for not providing even a picture of the dead Bin Laden are silly and do not pass the smell test, especially remembering how Saddams dead kids were shoved in everyone's face.

And the report of only one copter is just silly, since that would not be a smart way to do a raid. You always send more than you need. We learned that in the failed hostage rescue attempt in Iran.

Which report is that, that talks of only one copter?

...... So until some kind of proof is offered for Bin Ladens death (nothing so far other than the word of known liar Obama) the obvious rational choice is to believe the neighbor. ....
So did Obama write the book about the raid too?

The simple fact is, it was foretold that OBL would be a scapegoat for a 9/11 type attack, before 9/11. About 15 of the terrorists were Saudis and the Bush attacked Afghanistan. They holed up OBL and then let him go. There have been so many lies told about him and AQ and so much obfuscation and secrecy that I wouldn't believe anything the US government says.

So, by your theory, we should launch attacks on Chechnya for the birth of Tsarnaevs? It's apparent you know very little of the Middle East, so I can only encourage you to stop posting about it.

So, by your theory, we should launch attacks on Chechnya for the birth of Tsarnaevs? It's apparent you know very little of the Middle East, so I can only encourage you to stop posting about it.
Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. I don't recall offering up a theory on in the quoted post... merely stating some facts. Politics is not all 'black and white' but more various shades of grey, [...]

[Admin: Politeness edits]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. I don't recall offering up a theory on in the quoted post... merely stating some facts. Politics is not all 'black and white' but more various shades of grey, [...]

[Admin: Politeness edits]

Just because the terrorists were Saudis doesn't mean that we should attack the nation of Saudi Arabia. It's pretty simple.

yea I gotta go with joe on this one, I mean the information always gets kinda laid out there to find like this thing showing he was killed by the seals I mean come on what would be the reason to bury this guy at sea and not let any credible doctor get ahold of the body at all I mean its just to perfect, not to mention the timing of it with the Obama presidency. what about the rumors/conspiracy that there were a bunch of navy guys fired ect from the ship that he was taken to that had said they never saw any body and they wouldn't let anyone see it and whatnot is there any truth to that?

not to mention all this information comes from them, if it were a conspiracy lets say, all of the information we are getting is coming from the government. so we have to trust what they are telling us, which clearly most of us don't that's why we are discussing it.

Your are choosing to ignore the fact that one of the members of the team wrote a book about the operation.
So you must think that was fiction too and that the author isn't a real person.

I'm not talking about proof.

I'm talking about EVIDENCE. Evidence can be good or poor, present or absent. People sometimes use "proof" as a synonym for "evidence" without understanding that they are not the same.

Believing something is true when there is no evidence for it is not a matter of being an "average Joe" or not - it is just a bad idea.

You can be suspicious about something without evidence - but belief is not the same as suspicion.

Dumping his body was a non-issue for me. They took photos; they took DNA samples. Good enough. Really it was the best answer to a really bad question. No state wanted the body for the obvious reason, it would become the terrorist equivalent to Jim Morrison's grave. If the US brought it back, there would be an outcry over NOT burying him. So they dumped him out at sea, and said it was in accord with Islamic tradition. They had to put it somewhere!

Also the whole garbage about government lying is ridiculous. EVERYBODY lies. You, me, and the government have all lied.

Also the whole garbage about government lying is ridiculous. EVERYBODY lies. You, me, and the government have all lied.
Ah that's ok then. I'm much reassured by knowing I am not being paranoid in thinking the U.S Govt lies much of the time.

But having said that, surely there is a big difference in degree when you or I tell a little white lie and the U.S Govt tells a whopper that impacts the whole world and winds up with millions dead and mutilated.

Actually I don't see a difference. It's lying. I trust the government that for the most part tells the truth versus some people who can't even tell the truth on basic stuff like who left the rollerblades out.

Actually I don't see a difference. It's lying. I trust the government that for the most part tells the truth versus some people who can't even tell the truth on basic stuff like who left the rollerblades out.
That's an interesting viewpoint.

You don't see the difference between the U.S/U.K Govt lying about WMD's and killing and maiming millions and someone lying about leaving the roller skates out!

I wonder how many would agree with that?

Well for one, there's no surety that they intentionally lied. I would give many of them the exit door that they were incompetent. Not to mention in your zeal to hate America you might not realize that more often than not the government does tell the truth. In that example, the person who can't even tell the truth about rollerblades is a compulsive liar. They will lie about everything. So they are kind of a stopped clock. Once in a while they tell the truth versus the US occassionally having elected officials with a truth problem.

Back