Internet research. How to do it effectively?

Rory

Senior Member.
Searching for 'john stevens lust for enlightenment', the first google page has links to where the book's for sale, and at the bottom says:
When I go to duckduckgo.com, the eighth result is a link to a pdf at ebook-dl.com

Clicking through all 9 pages of google results doesn't give me anything.

But I wonder: is this a Europe-only thing?

qed

(My evidence would be extractions from Merchants of Doubt, etc.)

[... you wont find it on Google, cause the what-what complained, use https://search.disconnect.me/ instead ...]
[... shame on what-what, let this go viral, you will still make money and possibly save the world ...]
This happens to me often. I am Googling from South Africa.

In this case, Google said they removed the reference because the copyright owner had complained.

Leifer

Senior Member.
The good or favorable outcome here on Metabunk, is that most of us here know the basic methods of credible research and fact oriented verification.
In fact, we often use even more complicated methods of search(es), like using Google Scholar or Google Earth data to pinpoint eco-placement of seemingly random photos....and over a period of time ....using original photo meta-data.

Dan has a page on his Blog, SearchReSearch, where he posts challenges...for people to find answers to random photo questions/mysteries. Most of them are not too hard to solve for those who know how to do it.
But the problem is "most" people do not know how to search effectively.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
SR1419 NYT article: How the Internet Is Loosening Our Grip on the Truth Practical Debunking 23
Critical Thinker Fareed Zakaria: An angry victim of the Internet misinformation websites, speaks out Practical Debunking 11
Mick West Internet Time Stamp Forensics - Complications from Time Zones Practical Debunking 4
Mick West Debunked: Internet Death Hoax Story Generator on MediaMass General Discussion 5
Queue Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs (Ukraine Serial Killers), Real? or Internet Hoax? General Discussion 12
Mick West Debunked: Markmonitor.com - The Internet Kill Switch; Wiretapping Conspiracy Theories 11
firepilot Does Roxy Lopez have callers on her friday internet show? Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Leifer The internet - fertalizer for discontent ? Conspiracy Theories 9
JFDee Research: Consequences of Travel Shutdown for Contrail Coverage Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West Key Temperatures in 9/11 Research 9/11 15
Mick West Paper: How paranoid are conspiracy believers? Practical Debunking 21
Mick West Argentina's Committee for Aerospace Phenomenae Research (CEFAe) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Marin B Claim: Academic research groups increasingly beholden to interests of corporate publishing groups Science and Pseudoscience 19
skephu Interesting articles about contrail research Contrails and Chemtrails 8
keefe ARM Climate Research Facility Contrails and Chemtrails 17
Graham2001 Debunked: FVX Research [Fake Web Site] Conspiracy Theories 1
MikeC Warning over aerosol climate fix from Vienna Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Thor Odinson GMO Independent Research Health and Quackery 7
Quantumbeliever Claim: CDC covers up research linking MMR vaccine to autism Conspiracy Theories 13
KC-10FE Identified: Wing with Three Gold Nozzles [D-ADLR Gulfstream G550 - German Research Plane ] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Jason How Doing Research can Lead Both In and Out of the Rabbit Hole Escaping The Rabbit Hole 55
Leifer New supplement campaign, "Whole Body Research" Health and Quackery 35
Tybalt ‪98.7% Proven Meditation Techniqu‬e - scientific research? Science and Pseudoscience 6
Mick West Why don't Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth Fund Research? 9/11 450
moderateGOP Debunking Global Research TV Conspiracy Theories 64
TomC chemtrails research kickstarter Contrails and Chemtrails 6
MyMatesBrainwashed Research can only prove that something exists Conspiracy Theories 0
Critical Thinker Interesting research on 'thought control'.... how long before CTer's freak out? General Discussion 0
Boston peer reviewed research on aluminum content of rainwater required Contrails and Chemtrails 79
Cairenn Global Research People Debunked 1
F4Jock Why Don't CT Believers Do Their Own Research? General Discussion 22
Mick West Debunked: OverpopulationIsAMyth.com (Overpopulation is a Myth, Population Research Institute) Conspiracy Theories 14
StratMatt777 How to effectively talk to chemtrail folk Practical Debunking 9
Related Articles

Related Articles