How did barium get into chemtrails?

There's a shortage of certain barium medical products, but is seems nothing more than economics or supply chain issues, seemingly mostly because of the near monopoly of Bracco Diagnostics.

http://www.ashp.org/DrugShortages/Current/Bulletin.aspx?id=963

September 26, 2012
Re: Barium Products Backorders
Dear Customer,
As you may know, we have experienced numerous backorders with our barium portfolio in recent months. These backorders are due to delays from one of our primary barium suppliers, which they are working to address. To date, we have been able to provide other products to meet the needs of most clinicians performing procedures associated with backordered products. However, the demand for these other products has been overwhelming, and we are now also backordered with respect to these products.
With the continued efforts of our barium supplier, we are attempting to make all of the key backordered products available as soon as possible. However, at this time, there are procedures for which we are unable to provide products. Below is a list of the products that are currently backordered or low in supply and the available products, if any.
Content from External Source
The conspiracy minded part of me would suspect this is Bracco trying to raise prices. :)

George, if practically all of world production is going down holes in the ground, is it even logical that the small amount people drink for CAT scans would be unavailable due to a basic material shortage?

No.

It seems the problem lies within the medical contrast market itself. Pharmaceutical grade barite might be in short supply for some reason. Bracco looks like they dominate the market. Who knows, maybe their supply contractor failed to deliver, maybe their supply got purchased and didn't meet the specs, perhaps they had a contamination problem in the factory, who knows?
http://www.ashp.org/DrugShortages/Current/Bulletin.aspx?id=963

Reason for the Shortage

Bracco Diagnostics states the reason for the shortage is manufacturing delay, as well as increased demand. Bracco Diagnostics has provided a customer letter detailing the reason for the shortage and barium sulfate presentations affected.1

I was making no conclusions, just thought it was interesting . . . and this was the most logical Thread to post it . . .

Seems there is something going on with the medical supply . . . one person I know recently had contrast studies cancelled and told it is because of a Barium shortage . . .
There will always be a "barium shortage" when oil is being extracted at an EXPONENTIAL rate.

Especially when the OIL SHORTAGE demands increasingly FORCED extraction using barium mud as deposits dwindle.

It will NEVER be another way until we stop using oil exponentially.

I have searched Google and I can't find any notices for a shortage in the UK. The manufacturers websites are not mentioning a shortage and that would suggest it is limited to the US/Canada and one company having a monopoly.

There will always be a "barium shortage" when oil is being extracted at an EXPONENTIAL rate.

Especially when the OIL SHORTAGE demands increasingly FORCED extraction using barium mud as deposits dwindle.

It will NEVER be another way until we stop using oil exponentially.
Jazzy, it looks like specifications have a lot to do with it. The API (American Petroleum Institute) specification calls for a density figure which might be hard to meet.
The spec was created to standardize mixtures to meet expectations of a drilling plan to design a mud which will perform to expectations. Some of the barite is pre-mixed on land and shipped to drilling sites on land or sea, but powdered barite is also available on site to increase density if needed. Probably all that is needed to correct the situation is to change the spec and re-do the math for engineered muds which will utilize slightly lighter barite, but just a little more of it to get the weight they need.

"Mud Engineers" can do this, and BTW they also add all sorts of other things to the mud to make it stickier, to make it resist temperature or acidic conditions, and probably many more concerns I don't know much about.

Once the wells are drilled, the old mud must be washed out. This has to be done using a similar heavy fluid so that blowout doesn't occur. Yet another set of chemicals known as brines are used. We were always told that these fluids were far more expensive than the muds. Somewhere on the order of 10 times as much. They are mainly highly concentrated nearly clear liquids mostly water with calcium chloride, calcium bromide, or zinc bromide added for weight. We are talking about 10-14 lbs/gallon for these muds and completion fluids. Try carrying a 5 gallon bucket and you will struggle. Judging by the cost, I'd say that these might end up being 'short' before barite, they were always very picky about us having tanks absolutely spotless before letting us load the completion fluids.

As far as the ethics of oil useage, even though I work in the industry, I have nothing at all against an end to it. I have already begun personally moving in that direction as the technology progresses. I personally use solar panels for water pumping, and upgraded my system this year with 2 more panels to increase my capability during cloudy weather. Now my pump sings through the whole day even when partially shaded. I designed and built my home to avoid air conditioning, and use a wood-fired heater to produce hot water for the hydronic radiant heat system I built to heat it. This system also heats my potable domestic water. My next project will be a solar water heating system for the house complete with PV powered pumps and a biomass buring heater for cloudy period backup. This is one I am interested in, there is a large supply of rice hull byproduct available here in Arkansas for fuel, but it can burn almost anything:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LEIProducts?feature=watch

Here is a schematic, the "Future Connections" were built into the original design for the solar addition:
Heating 3.jpg

OK, we know barium, but how did strontium get into chemtrails? Anyone knows that?
Yes, it came from so-called "chemtrails patent research" when someone at Carnicom's board found a chaff patent which included a strontium compound. This was linked in my OP but here is a direct link to the comment:

http://chemtrails.yuku.com/reply/9548/ENEMY-RADAR-VIEW#reply-9548

kanuck 57 Re: ENEMY RADAR VIEW #3 [-]
Jul 6 00 5:30 PM

Re: ENEMY RADAR VIEW

A US Patent-Chaff:

US-5034274: Salt-doped chaff fiber having an evanescent electromagnetic detection signature, and method of making the same-doesn`t name the type of salt used:

patent.womplex.ibm.com/de...__&s_all=1

and

US-5919522: Growth of BaSrTiO3 using polyamine-based precursors:
A method of forming a barium- and/or strontium-containing film on a substrate from corresponding precursor(s), comprising liquid delivery and flash
vaporization thereof to yield a precursor vapor at a temperature below about 210 C., and transporting the precursor vapor to a chemical vapor deposition reactor for
formation of a corresponding barium- and/or strontium-containing film on the substrate.
[...]
They evidently didn't understand that if such a chaff were making long lines across the sky they would light up every weather radar in the world. Mind you, this happened 15 years ago and practically NONE of the current group of chemtrails believers have ANY idea how such a thing got started. Inception is really the term that should be used. It never ceases to amaze me that such humble beginnings can mushroom out to a global belief system, but it has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it came from so-called "chemtrails patent research" when someone at Carnicom's board found a chaff patent which included a strontium compound. This was linked in my OP but here is a direct link to the comment:

http://chemtrails.yuku.com/reply/9548/ENEMY-RADAR-VIEW#reply-9548

They evidently didn't understand that if such a chaff were making long lines across the sky they would light up every weather radar in the world. Mind you, this happened 15 years ago and practically NONE of the current group of chemtrails believers have ANY idea how such a thing got started. Inception is really the term that should be used. It never ceases to amaze me that such humble beginnings can mushroom out to a global belief system, but it has.
Thank you. Actually, looking at the patents, the chaff patents do not mention either barium or strontium, and the barium-strontium patent is not about chaff at all (it is about electronic components). This is a comedy of errors :)

Thank you. Actually, looking at the patents, the chaff patents do not mention either barium or strontium, and the barium-strontium patent is not about chaff at all (it is about electronic components). This is a comedy of errors :)

It's probably worth me writing a "Debunked: Strontium in Geoengineering Proposals", they have been claiming to find Strontium for so long that it's rather telling if it's never been mentioned in geoengineering research.

I fi
Inception is really the term that should be used. It never ceases to amaze me that such humble beginnings can mushroom out to a global belief system, but it has.

I noticed this phenomenon in the "Planet X" days. A concept is introduced and declared proven. From there, it takes on a life of its own and is used to support further claims. I believe that Nancy Lieder's original claims about general government (NASA, etc) corruption, massive coverups, and "paid shills" sent out to misinform on the internet, formed the foundation of what we see today, in those regards. I think the "paid shill" meme(as it is known today) didn't really exist before Nancy implemented it.

PS: I just listened to a Robert Ghostwolf interview on Art Bell's show from 1998. Ghostwolf goes off about chemtrails and "weird weather" supposedly caused by them.

I found only one reference to a patent in geoengineeringwatch.org

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/links-to-geoengineering-patents/

Rocket having barium release system to create ion clouds in the upper atmosphere

US 3813875 A

The patent dates back to 1974 and looks like something to do with atmospheric testing.

http://www.google.com/patents/US3813875?dq=3813875&ei=9WdLUIqDBpSK9ASzr4H4Dg

SPECIFICATION This invention relates generally to a chemical release system and relates in particular to a system for releasing barium in the vapor phase so that it can be ionized by solar radiation and also be excited to emit resonance radiation in the visible range. The ionized luminous cloud of barium then becomes a visible indication of magnetic and electric characteristics in space and allows determination of these properties over relatively large areas of space at a given time compared to rocket borne or orbiting instruments. For example, a geomagnetic field line could be illuminated by the present invention from pole-to-pole.

Presently, barium release systems are used to create ion clouds in'the upper atmosphere for the study of geophysical properties of the atmosphere. These known systems utilize a solid chemical system using a thermite mixtureof barium and copper oxide as the heat-producing reaction and an excess of bariumto be vaporized. This system is launched by a suitable rocket and, at a predetermined time, the ingredients are ignitedand released from a canister through a burst diaphragm and nozzle. The resulting barium cloud gives a brilliant color that can be observed and studied from earth to give indications of wind currents and the like. This known system of barium release has proved effective but is inherently of low efficiency in producing barium vapor yielding, in practice, only from 2 to 4 percent of the total chemical weight when actually up to 48 percent is available. In addition, the barium-copper oxide mixture is a fire hazard when mixing and pressing into the-canister and must be done under inert atmospheric conditions which proves timeconsuming and costly in operation. Also, little, if any, ionizati'on'takes place in this known system due to the initial heat generating reaction. g

It is therefore an object of the present invention to provide a new and novel barium release system for atmospheric and space studies.

The earlier points are well taken, however. This has nothing to do with even proposed geoengineering.

Unfortunately, it does include the words “barium” and “clouds,” which seems to qualify it as evidence within the CT community.

Back