Hoax: Fuel Dump video on Facebook [Flight BA244 from Buenos Aires to London]

well once you're a known and admitted liar, why would anyone believe anything you say or share?
lol, had I posted the clip stating it was a fuel dump (incidentally, I never said was a chemtrail, I just asked what it was) then it wouldn't have been shared over 15k times. Had I not posted this untrue story about being detained in Heathrow airport, I wouldn't have been invited on Moonbat radio.

Also, I have around 600 new Facebook friends since the last few days who are able to see my stuff. Sadly 15k people didn't share the chemtrail debunking video, but I never expected them too. If people were rational and rational videos went viral like the fuel-dump clip did, then there would be no need to troll these fools.

The downside is, I now have around 600 loons on my Facebook friend list.

I think most of them just don't understand the science. (sorry about the name thing- I have a brain to muscle response issue with typing).

Some of the chemtrail believers who have been posting on my Facebook page today are definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

If they say Chris B is a liar. well, they are right and they can prove that cause Chris admitted it.
But then he told the truth. So he is both a liar and truth-teller. So dismissing anything he says because he told a lie is silly, because he told the truth about telling that lie.

But then he told the truth. So he is both a liar and truth-teller. So dismissing anything he says because he told a lie is silly, because he told the truth about telling that lie.

I noticed that the radio host used the expression "pounded on him" as if to imply that he had succeeded in getting the truth out of Chris. In fact, the host was simply trying to make sure everybody knew he had said he thought it was a fuel dump. He wanted to imply he hadn't been fooled, when he had, overall. He also went on to talk about how reasonable it was to believe Chris had been detained for recording what he saw.

Well it was very interesting I must say. I notice now that Before it's news has gone with the story. Stuart Svenson posted on @ChrisBovey's Facebook wall at 15:00 UK time http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails...-films-chemtrail-nozzle-spraying-2449314.html. The article is titled "Passenger On Plane Films Chemtrail Nozzle Spraying" and says:

(Before It's News)
Can’t wait till the “debunkers” (read govt shills) try to explain this one away.
Harmless water vapor? No. Fuel Dump? No! You don’t dump fuel into the exhaust stream​

No corrections to date.

I never said that the video was a chemtrail, people assumed it was a chemtrail and it went viral on Facebook.

I did lie that I had been detained by military police in Heathrow airport, even though it was an absurd lie, many people took it at face value. The lie was reported here https://www.evernote.com/shard/s294...-0e0b794b45de/a36b0dc20aba53c443482d60f3190498 (evernoted since they have changed the article upon learning it was a hoax in an attempt to make them appear less stupid) and I was subsequently invited as a guest on Volcania radio.

I told a lie in order to expose a bigger lie, i.e., chemtrails, also to expose the gullibility of some people. I lied to the so called journalists from Neon Nettle to expose shoddy journalism to see if they would publish any old rubbish I fed them ... they did. The lie I told about being detained at Heathrow airport was only maintained for a few hours, I revealed the truth on a conspiracy radio station that apparently has 40,000 listeners.

Well it was very interesting I must say. I notice now that Before it's news has gone with the story. Stuart Svenson posted on @ChrisBovey's Facebook wall at 15:00 UK time http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails...-films-chemtrail-nozzle-spraying-2449314.html. The article is titled "Passenger On Plane Films Chemtrail Nozzle Spraying" and says:

(Before It's News)
Can’t wait till the “debunkers” (read govt shills) try to explain this one away.
Harmless water vapor? No. Fuel Dump? No! You don’t dump fuel into the exhaust stream​

No corrections to date.

Looks like most of the posters there didn't even read the page well enough to see that the detention part was admitted to not be real.

I never said that the video was a chemtrail, people assumed it was a chemtrail and it went viral on Facebook.

I did lie that I had been detained by military police in Heathrow airport, even though it was an absurd lie, many people took it at face value. The lie was reported here https://www.evernote.com/shard/s294...-0e0b794b45de/a36b0dc20aba53c443482d60f3190498 (evernoted since they have changed the article upon learning it was a hoax in an attempt to make them appear less stupid) and I was subsequently invited as a guest on Volcania radio.

I told a lie in order to expose a bigger lie, i.e., chemtrails, also to expose the gullibility of some people. I lied to the so called journalists from Neon Nettle to expose shoddy journalism to see if they would publish any old rubbish I fed them ... they did. The lie I told about being detained at Heathrow airport was only maintained for a few hours, I revealed the truth on a conspiracy radio station that apparently has 40,000 listeners.
Honestly, I'd never heard of Neon Nettle before your incident, Chris...but seeing how badly they
handled it...IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!...I just can't take them seriously at all.
I know you never intended to be the center of a "chemtrails" sh/tstorm, but now that you are,
I'm enjoying your attitude...chemmies have only themselves to blame for how they look on this.

I think most of them just don't understand the science. (sorry about the name thing- I have a brain to muscle response issue with typing).

Today I saw a post that said "after weeks of no spraying the are out in [wherever it was] in full force". I thought why can't you make the connection there? Did they actually SUSPEND the program a few weeks because the supply ran out? Or it wasn't your turn? Or maybe, just maybe, IT'S A CONTRAIL!

I did lie that I had been detained by military police in Heathrow airport
to clarify: im not picking on you for lying to expose the lack of research and gullibility of chemtrailists (and CTs in general). I was specifically responding to trailblazers post.

Hoaxes don't help. If you want to expose the gullibility of people, chemtrailers will provide more than enough examples on their own. Hoaxes only add to their mythology and do not really help debunking, as the hoax will be spread regardless. This is for several reasons (some of which we have already encountered), they are a) chemtrailers ignore any conflicting statement, b) they will call you a shill and (selectively) call your statements and videos disinfo and c) they will assume you've been turned.

It may be fun. I really had a laugh with the International Chemtrail Association site. But if you hoax people to expose ignorance or gullibility, sorry, it's just not going to work. Or rather: those who get it are those who already know.

Last edited:
Hoaxes don't help. If you want to expose the gullibility of people, chemtrailers will provide more than enough examples on their own. Hoaxes only add to their mythology and do not really help debunking, as the hoax will be spread regardless. This is for several reasons (some of which we have already encountered), they are a) chemtrailers ignore any conflicting statement, b) they will call you a shill and (selectively) call your statements and videos disinfo and c) they will assume you've been turned.

It may be fun. I really had a laugh with the International Chemtrail Association site. But if you hoax people to expose ignorance or gullibility, sorry, it's just not going to work. Or rather: those who get it are those who already know.

Yeah, but it's the internet. It's not as if you are going to get people to act any differently on this subject than any other. I personally think a significant number of the people pushing the chemtrail story at any given time are simply doing it for the lulz. They are trolling with it, because it pulls the chains of other people, regardless of the ramifications. Chris was on the periphery of this whole story and just did something fairly innocent and fun-loving that happened to catch fire.

PS: It's not as if we are promoting the idea of hoaxes.

And he did it to expose an even bigger lie while being able to reach more listeners. I have to admit after thinking about it for a little while, it's somewhat genius. If you can appreciate that sort of move. I do agree with @deirdre however, in that it "could've" come off the wrong way as if Metabunk was promoting trolls or hoaxers. But that clearly isn't the case here.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's the internet. It's not as if you are going to get people to act any differently on this subject than any other. I personally think a significant number of the people pushing the chemtrail story at any given time are simply doing it for the lulz. They are trolling with it, because it pulls the chains of other people, regardless of the ramifications. Chris was on the periphery of this whole story and just did something fairly innocent and fun-loving that happened to catch fire.

PS: It's not as if we are promoting the idea of hoaxes.

Well yeah, it was only put up as a joke to see if I could fool a few friends who I knew believed in chemtrails, ... how the hell was I supposed to know 16k+ people would share it and it would be viewed by nearly a million people within a few days ... hell if I'd have know that, I'd have put it on Youtube and got myself some advertising revenue.

That said, I'm glad I did it, since it's important to demonstrate how fiction can be presented as fact and how gullible some people can be. Rational debate on forums these people don't go to clearly isn't doing the job.

And he did it to expose an even bigger lie while being able to reach more listeners. I have to admit after thinking about it for a little while, it's somewhat genius. If you can appreciate that sort of move. I do agree with Dee however, in that it could've come off the wrong way as if Metabunk was promoting trolls or hoaxers. But that clearly isn't the case here.

Absolutely, Metabunk had nothing to do with this. I only found this web site, because I was googling to see if there was any info online about the plane I was on that had to make an emergency landing, so this page came up in the search index.

As you can clearly see from this thread, the only role Metabunk played in the hoax was to expose it as a hoax. They did not know me, or I them; they saw the clip on Facebook and then not only told people it was a clip of a plane dumping fuel, but even correctly identified what plane I was on and where it was diverted to.

Unlike this web site, which published the story as if it somehow proved chemtrails are real http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails/2014/10/passenger-on-plane-films-chemtrail-nozzle-spraying-2449314.html

Absolutely, Metabunk had nothing to do with this. I only found this web site, because I was googling to see if there was any info online about the plane I was on that had to make an emergency landing, so this page came up in the search index.

As you can clearly see from this thread, the only role Metabunk played in the hoax was to expose it as a hoax. They did not know me, or I them; they saw the clip on Facebook and then not only told people it was a clip of a plane dumping fuel, but even correctly identified what plane I was on and where it was diverted to.

Unlike this web site, which published the story as if it somehow proved chemtrails are real http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails/2014/10/passenger-on-plane-films-chemtrail-nozzle-spraying-2449314.html
I have to ask, what were your honest expectations from the original video posting. Did you have any clue what you were getting yourself into, and was it a simple prank intended to just fool a few of your "close" friends or the wider net.

I have to ask, what were your honest expectations from the original video posting. Did you have any clue what you were getting yourself into, and was it a simple prank intended to just fool a few of your "close" friends.

That's what he just said in the previous post.

Well yeah, it was only put up as a joke to see if I could fool a few friends who I knew believed in chemtrails

And, I called it! :)

Maybe he was just trolling his more imaginative friends

Chris PM'd me to tell me it was a joke as soon as he uploaded the video, as he knew I would jump down his throat about posting about chemtrails... It was a troll that was made up as we went along, and none of us expected it to go as viral as it did. Chris only knew he was going to be on moonbat radio an hour or so before he was interviewed. So there were genuinely zero expectations from the troll, except to be able to go 'haha' at a few of his FB friends.

Yeah, the comment at the top of that page:

Harmless water vapor? No. Fuel Dump? No! You don’t dump fuel into the exhaust stream.
Content from External Source
Seems like they misunderstand everything they see. That fuel is NOT going into any exhaust stream.

I have to ask, what were your honest expectations from the original video posting. Did you have any clue what you were getting yourself into, and was it a simple prank intended to just fool a few of your "close" friends or the wider net.

Very good question.We had already been told by the captain he was going to dump most of the fuel and not to worry when we saw big sprays of airline fuel coming out of the wings. He was very reassuring and professional, as were the entire crew. After about 10 minutes of watching the fuel being dumped, I realised this was something quite unusual, my seat was on the wing and the two seats next to me were empty. The guy behind me was filming it on his phone and I thought I should get a clip of this too, however my phone was in my coat, so I asked a steward if I could quickly get my coat from the above locker, since we were all under strict instructions to remain in our seats with our seat belts on ... he said yes if you're quick, so I retrieved my iPhone from my coat and turned it on, hoping it the fuel dump wouldn't stop before I managed to film it. By chance I had done some filming on my phone the previous week at a giant salt lake in the Andes and uploaded it to Facebook, which is how I learned Facebook only lets you upload a maximum of 90 seconds video footage, something I was unaware of, so I knew to make the clip of the fuel dump under 90 second. As it happens, I had plenty of time to get some footage, it takes quite a long time to offload a full tank of fuel from a 777.

So when the plane lands we are kept on board for several hours, since they were hoping they could fix it and be in the air again, but this was never going to happen. All passengers were taken by bus to a hotel about 20 minutes away, there was a Brazilian film crew filming us as we came out of the terminal.

It was really hot and stuffy in the hotel, I had a buffet meal and beer courtesy of British Airways and went through the clips to see which was the best one and then had a think as to how I should word it.

I posted it on Facebook as a prank to friends and then went to bed. Next morning when I woke up a few hundred people had shared it (Brazil is 4 hours ahead of UK), however, upon clicking refresh it was becoming apparent it was starting to go viral.

All the passengers were later put on the same plane to continue our journey and obviously no more internet access once I'm on board. So I read a bit more of my book (The Iluminatus Triology lol), watch a film and go to sleep. When I get back to the UK I think nearly 10k people had shared it and half a million people had viewed - the number was even greater by the time I got home to Devon. From then on there, I winged it, i.e., made it up as I was going along. I was getting all sorts of messages and questions in my inbox and lots of friendship requests from people I didn't know. My friend Stuart Wyatt thought it was hilarious and talked me into posting that I'd been detained by military police. Again people were taking this at face value without questioning it. I fooled the journalists [sic] at Neo Nettle who published the story of my made up detention at Heathrow Airport by British authorities as fact, however, at this point I was starting to get uncomfortable with the deception and was discussing with Stuart the best way to come clean. Conveniently, the guy from the David Icke radio station contacted me after seeing the BS article on Neo Nettle and asked if I would come on his show, which he said had 40,000 listeners, so Stuart talked me into agreeing to go on the show live, telling me this would be a perfect opportunity to fess up ... so that's what I did.

Yeah, the comment at the top of that page:

Harmless water vapor? No. Fuel Dump? No! You don’t dump fuel into the exhaust stream.
Seems like they misunderstand everything they see. That fuel is NOT going into any exhaust stream.

This seems to be a common anti-debunking type of response. Treating the explanation of one particular instance of a phenomena as the proposed explanation of all instances. In this case the believer is acting as if you had suggested that every single persistent trail you see coming from engine exhaust is fuel dumping.

The fallacious chain of reasoning is something like this:
  1. Here is an example of a chemtrail
  2. The debunkers claim this is a fuel dumping
  3. Other examples of chemtrails look nothing like this
  4. Therefore this is not fuel dumping
You see this type of nonsensical circular reasoning all the time with lots of different alternative theories.

It's something to be aware of, and we need to try to make clear that a proposed explanation is just explaining one particular case, and not all cases.

This seems to be a common anti-debunking type of response. Treating the explanation of one particular instance of a phenomena as the proposed explanation of all instances. In this case the believer is acting as if you had suggested that every single persistent trail you see coming from engine exhaust is fuel dumping.

The fallacious chain of reasoning is something like this:
  1. Here is an example of a chemtrail
  2. The debunkers claim this is a fuel dumping
  3. Other examples of chemtrails look nothing like this
  4. Therefore this is not fuel dumping
You see this type of nonsensical circular reasoning all the time with lots of different alternative theories.

It's something to be aware of, and we need to try to make clear that a proposed explanation is just explaining one particular case, and not all cases.

Yes and they tend to dismiss a debunk of a given detail or claim because it doesn't PROVE that chemtrails don't exist.

Yes and they tend to dismiss a debunk of a given detail or claim because it doesn't PROVE that chemtrails don't exist.

Indeed, and that means it's sometimes a good idea to say from the outset that you are not trying to prove chemtrails don't exist (as it's impossible to prove a negative), but you are just showing that this particular claim of evidence is wrong.

If someone post something on Facebook, and then someone shows it on YT, does the original poster of FB have any rights. In terms of marketing dollars.

If someone post something on Facebook, and then someone shows it on YT, does the original poster of FB have any rights. In terms of marketing dollars.
youtube will take it down for copyright infringement. or you can sell a license to use your footage to the youtube poster.

youtube will take it down for copyright infringement. or you can sell a license to use your footage to the youtube poster.
YouTube won't automatically take it down, though, will they?

I assumed that it was just a step they might take if demanded by someone who could demonstrate that it was theirs.

I assumed that it was just a step they might take if demanded by someone who could demonstrate that it was theirs.
well yea, the copyright owner has to fill out the form.

This is referred to as 'DMCA'.

Unfortunately, many false 'DMCA' claims can be filed by those whose images are used in "debunking" videos (on YouTube, for example). Thing is, there is this little bit of law which is known as "Fair Use". So, at YT, sometimes a complainant will be 'gratified', and then the other party (who is unfairly 'injured') must leap great hurdles to fight the injustice.

LOL! How apt you were reading Illuminatus on the flight.
I have been watching a few of you & Stu's discussions on FB and they've been great fun.
I too have seen people pondering whether you were bought off or leaned on, but they don't really seem to have as much heart as they did with their 'Tah-Dah!' moment.

Translation: this will be debunked in less than 30 seconds.

LOL! How apt you were reading Illuminatus on the flight.
I have been watching a few of you & Stu's discussions on FB and they've been great fun.
I too have seen people pondering whether you were bought off or leaned on, but they don't really seem to have as much heart as they did with their 'Tah-Dah!' moment.
Just out of curiosity, how do people suppose you were bought off. Who would've bought him off to be more precisely, and why would they have bought him off? Is there a group of people out there that buy off people just because their views are different. I often wonder when claims like that are made, if they ever actually think it through. I just don't understand that logic...

Just out of curiosity, how do people suppose you were bought off.

"Analyst" wasn't on the flight. It was Mr. Bovey.

But, to answer from Mr. Bovey's own personal description....OTHER people were filming/videoing the fuel dump procedure. EVERYONE on the airplane knew full-well what it was, and what was going on.

THIS is part of what a professional airline crew attempts to do (time permitting)...inform the customers.

BUT....to address the "buy-off" idea? This is obviously nonsense. Nearly a hundred (or more?) people on-board with a view at or aft of the wing, and with the prevalence of video cameras nowadays?

Just out of curiosity, how do people suppose you were bought off. Who would've bought him off to be more precisely, and why would they have bought him off? Is there a group of people out there that buy off people just because their views are different. I often wonder when claims like that are made, if they ever actually think it through. I just don't understand that logic...
Welcome Jason, to MetaBunk...evidently it's your first day here... ;)
but yes, we occasionally do encounter folks who do not appear to have diligently, thoroughly

(or even remotely) worked out the intricacies and/or ramifications of their assertions. :)

jk, of course

Back