Here we go again...

Clock

Senior Member.
Alright guys, it seems as if I need some of your expertise here. I got freaking scared when I read this. http://guymcpherson.com/2012/06/were-done/

He saying that the world is going to end in 2030.

It might sound a bit childish, but he uses Climate Change as an example of this, and that the more Methane released in the world is a sign of our doom. :(

Can anybody debunk some of this? It would greatly help.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
He's actually saying 2020 in that article, which is an update of his previous prediction of 2030.

He's basically just repeating some of the claims of the Arctic Methane Emergency group, which is a small group of scientists who think that were about to enter a sudden arctic methane feedback loop. There's more on this here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_methane_release

I think that it's certainly a cause of concern. I don't think that the science really supports the AMEG doomsday claims. See:
http://chicagowilderness.org/member...c Armageddon Needs More Science Less Hype.pdf

I'm sure there's been a response to that article somewhere for Nissan, et al., I'll look for that.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Kerr's Science Podcast transcript (linked from Wikipedia, but a bit buried in a PDF). Aug 6th 2010

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/329/5992/697.2/rel-suppl/5cdf98cf06be5abe/suppl/DC1

Clock

Senior Member.
Thanks Mick.

Once again, you're debunking is awesome. Even though this wasn't really a debunking (methane is pretty darn real)

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Leifer Can the admins here, see our unposted ideas as we type them ? Site Feedback & News 8
Svartbjørn The Solar System.. To Scale (just for fun, nothing to debunk here) General Discussion 0
Trailspotter Here be dragons UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
R How much blood should there be here? Boston Marathon Bombings 7
qed How did I end up down here? Escaping The Rabbit Hole 14
Rusty Far Eye More information videos here. Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Eddie Explosions in WTC lobbies? [Was: Nothing to see here?] 9/11 57
MikeC Has Trolling Increased, here on Metabunk? Site Feedback & News 11
Alchemist Who's bunk here? FOX News Reporters or Monsanto? Conspiracy Theories 12
BlueCollarCritic AGENDA 21 - Not Here And Not A Concern, Right? Conspiracy Theories 5
Mick West Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here General Discussion 1989
JRBids Question for the pilots here Contrails and Chemtrails 37
K New here. Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Jay Reynolds What is Carnicom Doing here? Health and Quackery 17
Pogopoint99 Ice Storm Geoengineered – Here is Your Proof! Contrails and Chemtrails 12
MikeG Explained: UN Vehicles Spotted (Again) in the US [Delivery from US Manufacturer to Overseas] Conspiracy Theories 13
Mick West NASA502 GLF3 Earthquake Survey Plane leaves giant curving contrails again Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
Hama Neggs Axis shift nonsense making the rounds again General Discussion 22
Mick West Contrail to Distrail and back again Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 4
Katie Seas GeoengineeringWatch.org: Are Climate Engineers Waging Warfare on Texas?, Again? Conspiracy Theories 15
Mick West Solved: U-Shaped Contrail near San Francisco [NASA502 Survey, again] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
nanotchi Before it news is at it again about ISON, and all I have to say, "meh" UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
TWCobra Kusznir debunked... Again. Contrails and Chemtrails 1
TWCobra Max Bliss debunked (again) Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Trigger Hippie Nufffrespect's Channel Nuked, again. Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Update Again Site Feedback & News 0
firepilot Roxy Lopez, at it again General Discussion 1
MikeC Arizona skywatch at it again Contrails and Chemtrails 10
MikeC Evergreen Aviation in the gun again Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Freakonomics: Debunking the Easterlin Paradox, Again General Discussion 0
Related Articles

Related Articles