Quite crazy yet awful and somehow helpful journey

Theuron

Hey! I'm here to share my little story of how I stopped believing those things... Don't know if my story counts though, because I never fell 100%, but I was close, just delete if not valid

Btw... not native english so I expect to have a lot of mistakes... (Pls forgive me!)

Sorry if is not good enough... Anyway here it goes

Lemme give you some background before the ''real'' story:

-I had this ''impulsive'' tendency to read a lot of comments in whatever I watched that had any comments (Now I don't thankfully)
-(2022) I was quite sad about some things in my life... Music wasn't the same cuz everything started to sound repetitive and monotonous (I kept listening the same stuff over and over again, no discoveries were enough to my taste), didn't have any interest, motivation or a clue of what to study yet, my dreams of playing in a band were shattered (that is another story) and some more things. Then one day I discovered my (once again) favorite singer: Aurora. Her music really helped during that time, truly inspired me and everything around me was shining again... Until that day...

Now going to this ''real'' story:

One day with my family we went to a Mall and the day was literally almost perfect, I was very happy and motivated enjoying life, finding out new bands, etc. Until as I mentioned earlier, decided to check out some comments on Aurora's IG page and saw a comment implying something about a fanart being ''satanic'' which made me curious so I searched it on the web and found nothing, but for some reason I remained concerned about it... So I decided to made a more serious search at home. Big mistake (Or maybe not?). Then I found a video of this society behind everything: The Illuminati. A video claiming she was part of it, saying stuff like ''masonic symbolism'' ''one eye symbolism'' and at this point I didn't know what to believe, the comments all agreed to the video, so I decided to look up what this ''One Eye Symbolism'' meant, doing so, I found a lot of people in Quora saying stuff like hollywood sacrifices, 666, satanist stuff. This answers scared me so I kept searching for an ''alternative'' answer outside this conspiracy theories, only found one guy saying that this came from The Prisoner and that it meant ''Be Seeing You'', but this didn't satisfy me enough because a lot of people (sorry by swearing) was saying that illuminati shit. This stuff started to ruining me inside. But I didn't want to truly believe it, how could the woman that helped me and a lot of other people with her music be evil? Is she a lie? That kind of thoughts started to expand to more things...

Some days after I decided to make another search and it was then, when the total nightmare came: I found the Conspiracy subreddit. Easily top 10 worse moments of my life (So far!). Everything here, totally fed the stuff that I read on Quora, and had a perfect narrative for my ignorant mind. The so-called ''Elite'' was satanic and was behind everything. No matter what I searched there, there was a post once again claiming this and that was satanic and the elite was behind it. This made me feel terrible, empty and betrayed. Is everything that I admired a lie? At that point, it seemed so. Everything made sense and there were a lot of people agreeing with each other, how could they be wrong? Does the so called ''red pill'' and ''wake up'' feel like this?.

So I decided to make another search, one about how to get this stuff out of my mind. It didn't work and the comments on those videos were full of conspiracy theorists so that made it even worse.
Thanks to all that mentioned, my views were twisted, everything which I loved now thanks to that mentality, was demonized and evil, everything had a subliminal message or a hidden dark meaning, mind control, etc. I almost gave up, I couldn't do anything of what I liked, I was truly desperate and mad against myself, who couldn't resist to think about it, search and make it worse and worse every search trying to find... An opposite answer? But that answer wasn't showing up, so It wasn't that hard (to me at that moment) to believe this world is dark, driven by evil people and that this evil people created everything to manipulate us, the ''weak ones''.

Don't remember how long after, but a tiny part of me was still against me accepting this as definitive truth, so I decided to (ironically haha) make my own research. But this time outside the conspiracy grounds. I decided to search about the roots of each conspiracy, religions, whatever was involved that disturbed me. Turns out, a very big part of this ''awaken people'' didn't actually know about a lot of stuff for example; This Moloch thing (Can't believe some say Alex Jones or David Icke are right about almost everything), satanism or luciferianism, witches, the freemasons, the bavarian illuminati (some even think that freemasons and illuminati are the same thing!!). But... this wasn't enough for me to be set free of this thoughts... Because me alone thinking they were wrong, against lots of them fully believing what they said, made me feel insecure and didn't find anyone at my side agaisnt them yet.

Then I found Metabunk and Skeptic + DebunkThis subreddits. I seriously thank you all, you really played a big role on this. I read some posts here, some on those subreddits and all really had a logical and reasonable explanation, not this awful ''omg!! cover up!! satan!! sacrifice!! the rothschild! the elite! the dark truth! red pill! sheep! shill!!!''. Reading all of this made me confident about my stance agaisnt them and even learnt a lot more.

Now that I was more ''grounded'' I decided to check again the conspiracy subreddit, just to see what kind of arguments were the ones that I felled for. It was like a ton of shitpost, a lot of the claims were baseless, or based on speculation or misinformation or just pure ignorance. I took a lot of their arguments and looked them up on their respective communities, and I was amazed once again how wrong all their ''truths'' were, it was more like ummm... Lies based on lies? Clearly they didn't follow their own thing of ''do your research'' and blindly followed what other CTs said.

What I learnt in a summary was to not believe crazy stuff a random guy says or at least to verify if he is even right and his claims have reliable evidence. And people can speak a lot. And to stop checking comments If I didn't want more unnecessary stress.

As for my main concern about illuminati and symbols: Well, they easily get tons of clicks/views by doing so, so there's that? Symbols can be used to mean something or to express something along the song, or they are just there to trigger someone idk. Doesn't mean there is diabolic stuff going on. And there is no actual proof they are still around. So doesn't scares me anymore.

After all of this, I can say that I can peacefully breath again (I forgot to mention the first day I had like a pain in the chest or some trouble breathing properly), and spend my free time doing productive things and take the reins of my life one more time, instead of researching the entire bloodline of a single guy to ''connect the dots''. I guess that in a sense I have waken up, thankfully not on their side. This makes me happy, it really does. From probably almost have my life ruined being so young, to learn a lot of stuff and things I never knew or even cared about before, is why I consider this journey somewhat ''helpful''. Sometimes I still wish it never happened, but I guess it had to happened at one point if every single time I look for the comments lol.

At last I want to thank you all once again, Metabunk was key to finally get out of that sad and awful view of the world.

It's good not to be easily impressionable in either direction. The r/conspiracy subreddit is a total cesspool of nonsense. For example, the top post there right now is speculating about Jeffrey Epstein being an undying, 300-year old vampire or something. Now, are there legitimate questions and conspiracy theories about Jeffrey Epstein's activities? Sure. Some speculation is for example is that he was a foreign intelligence asset, doing a blackmail operation on US politicians and other influential people. And it can certainly be emotionally distressing to wonder what a convicted sex offender was doing visiting the White House several times during the Clinton admin. But was he a vampire? Probably not. So it's important to be level-headed, and not jump into either extreme. One extreme says all powerful people are satanist pedophiles, all media is controlled subliminal messaging etc. That's probably not true. But imo Metabunk represents another extreme, where powerful people and intelligence agencies basically never do anything shady, or maybe did shady things in the past but just stopped for some reason.

It's good not to be easily impressionable in either direction. The r/conspiracy subreddit is a total cesspool of nonsense. For example, the top post there right now is speculating about Jeffrey Epstein being an undying, 300-year old vampire or something. Now, are there legitimate questions and conspiracy theories about Jeffrey Epstein's activities? Sure. Some speculation is for example is that he was a foreign intelligence asset, doing a blackmail operation on US politicians and other influential people. And it can certainly be emotionally distressing to wonder what a convicted sex offender was doing visiting the White House several times during the Clinton admin. But was he a vampire? Probably not. So it's important to be level-headed, and not jump into either extreme. One extreme says all powerful people are satanist pedophiles, all media is controlled subliminal messaging etc. That's probably not true. But imo Metabunk represents another extreme, where powerful people and intelligence agencies basically never do anything shady, or maybe did shady things in the past but just stopped for some reason.
Yeah the r/conspiracy was def the worst place that could've showed up during that time (I saw that Epstein vampire thing, I laughed at that and I guess they are joking, but wouldn't surprise me if they aren't). Also I noticed that r/conspiracy even distrust from each other, saying stuff like ''this and that was a setup to make us look crazy! So people will never listen!''. Certainly not a worth place to give any serious attention. I can't imagine how it must be to wake up every morning with that kind of thoughts.

I took a lot of their arguments and looked them up on their respective communities, and I was amazed once again how wrong all their ''truths'' were, it was more like ummm... Lies based on lies?
A lot of the influx for these communities is misplaced trust, and unfortunately that's hard to counteract. We've learned through the Dominion court case that Fox knowingly lied to its viewers, and yet many keep trusting it. As long as people feel, "they're on my side", they'll keep on trusting, and this has been abused by con men for centuries to deprive people of their wealth, and is being used by conspiracy theorists to deprive people of their mental health.

Do watch your information diet! (see https://www.metabunk.org/threads/media-bias.11554/ )

But was he a vampire? Probably not.
Definitely not. Vampires don't exist.

But imo Metabunk represents another extreme, where powerful people and intelligence agencies basically never do anything shady, or maybe did shady things in the past but just stopped for some reason.
I'd say we only take that for a fact when we see evidence.
For a recent example, check out our discussion of the Nordstream pipeline explosions, which were definitely effected by "powerful people" or a state actor.

But imo Metabunk represents another extreme, where powerful people and intelligence agencies basically never do anything shady, or maybe did shady things in the past but just stopped for some reason.
that's not at all true. everything the conservatives do is shady still, it's only the lefties that stopped for some reason :)

Back