Help me! Wife is Chemtrailing...

This place being a shill site is a ct in itself. Does anyone ever post anything or provide ANY source of ANY proof to back it up? Or is it basically: "They say stuff against what we are saying so therefore they MUST be shills"?
i actually do agree with Greg Mc. If you can show what p-lanes are flying about when you CAN'T see any trails, and document them and keep a track, you should be able to document the SAME flights (if not actually the same actual plane) passing over at the SAME time EVERY day and sometimes you see trails and sometimes you do not.

"Help me! Wife is chemtrailing...."

I was told, years ago by some Flight Attendants that I used to work with.....that if they had to relieve some gas, as they walked down the aisle....they called it "crop-dusting". THIS (of course) YEARS before the modern "meme" of 'chem-trailing' was coined.

I hope this ENTIRE couple of posts are taken in the humour intended.... ;)

(AND get moved to "Chit-Chat"....)....

BECUASE?? We must share......

"Help me! Wife is chemtrailing...."

I was told, years ago by some Flight Attendants that I used to work with.....that if they had to relieve some gas, as they walked down the aisle....they called it "crop-dusting". THIS (of course) YEARS before the modern "meme" of 'chem-trailing' was coined.

I hope this ENTIRE couple of posts are taken in the humour intended.... ;)

(AND get moved to "Chit-Chat"....)....

BECUASE?? We must share......

This still cracks me up. Maybe I'll start referring to my work as "farting".

This place being a shill site is a ct in itself. Does anyone ever post anything or provide ANY source of ANY proof to back it up? Or is it basically: "They say stuff against what we are saying so therefore they MUST be shills"?
i actually do agree with Greg Mc. If you can show what p-lanes are flying about when you CAN'T see any trails, and document them and keep a track, you should be able to document the SAME flights (if not actually the same actual plane) passing over at the SAME time EVERY day and sometimes you see trails and sometimes you do not.

I am waiting for a day when there are good contrails that she points out and I can then show her that they are coming from commercial planes from various airports and even name the specific flights. I think once that is established, the implausibility of the whole thing hopefully will become clear. Hopefully...

I am waiting for a day when there are good contrails that she points out and I can then show her that they are coming from commercial planes from various airports and even name the specific flights. I think once that is established, the implausibility of the whole thing hopefully will become clear. Hopefully...
i might have this wrong.. so hopefully the guys can answer this more clearly... i'm thinking this black chart here might be a way to estimate , show her too why some days there are contrails and some days not... the Rh (relative humidity) is higher some days at flight altitudes.

?

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/co...-sites-where-this-is-useful.5265/#post-135978

You can tie that in with looking at the atmospheric conditions at the time too. For example on Friday when you said there were no trails there was only a narrow band across California where contrails were likely

USA_RH_300mb_000.gif

This method might be enhanced by choosing a particular individual flight to track each day. Compare the difference in contrail persistence from day to day. Pick a good high altitude long distance carrier with a daily flight.

My wife has recently become obsessed with the chemtrail issue
I was a 'chemmie' not too long ago, may I suggest you sit down together and watch The Climate Engineering Conference 2014 videos http://www.ce-conference.org/conference-videos I had some discussions with respectful debunkers on facebook (the rude ones just made me hold onto my crooked thinking longer as I had no trust in what they were saying) and of course a pertinent discussion with the great crew at Metabunk. Gently encourage your wife to look for the source of information rather than believing a random post, article or you tube vid. I was lucky I was never a fan of the Youtube vids and if I did watch them I looked for the source of the info, I love investigating. I could see I was largely being deceived so just didn't bother with them. Another thing that helped me was how open the debunkers were and how closed and secretive the chemtrail sites, if I presented facts some of them would get a bit angry or delete my comment. I am a fan of openness & honesty. Here is a conversation that pretty much got me out of the rabbit hole https://www.metabunk.org/threads/black-beam-contrail-shadow-sunshine-coast-australia.5139/ Not long after that I watched the conference I mentioned above this helped to cement it and made me feel much more at ease. Also flightradar24 is an invaluable tool just remember if you use the archive use the UTC time converter http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc To help you understand how I got in the rabbit hole I had 2 friends one a retired navy man, the other a retired commercial jet pilot (pre 1989) and then I looked up! Keep hopeful I got out of it and your wife can too. All the best.

Share this video with her. I took this video while climbing through a contrails of another aircraft. It's a long persistent contrails and if we suspected it was a chemtrail we would have avoided it. They just don't exist.

Share this video with her. I took this video while climbing through a contrails of another aircraft. It's a long persistent contrails and if we suspected it was a chemtrail we would have avoided it. They just don't exist.

This one came up in the "related videos" and it's an even bigger contrail (not meaning to steal your thunder!)

(Added bonus: you can also see the shadow of the contrail being created by the plane it is filmed from.)

Last edited:
I showed a similar one to Amanda Williams who was a bit flummoxed for a while till she consulted her "experts".

The result: no outside air... The aircraft carry huge oxygen tanks!!!!

There is nothing they won't invent/make up to avoid confronting the truth.

Thanks everyone. Just an update, since this was actually the first day that we have had decent "chemtrails" in the sky since I started this thread. I came home for lunch and the wife said there was "chaff all over the sky." I got her to point out a specific plane and used the Radar24 app to show her it was just a commercial plane going from LAX to SFO, the time it left LAX and was to arrive at SFO, the flight number and airline and the type of plane. She briefly ranted about the government being capable of anything (with which I don't necessarily disagree), then seemed mollified and actually thanked me. I had ordered the two books recommended and hadn't even looked at them myself, but she admitted she took a look at one of them this morning, so that might have contributed as well. These types of conspiracies have a way of rebounding with new fake science, so I don't know if this will be the end of it, but this definitely took the wind out of her chemtrail sails, so to speak. Thanks again. As I see it, that app is the biggest buzz kill to claims of a chemtrail conspiracy.

Thanks everyone. Just an update, since this was actually the first day that we have had decent "chemtrails" in the sky since I started this thread. I came home for lunch and the wife said there was "chaff all over the sky." I got her to point out a specific plane and used the Radar24 app to show her it was just a commercial plane going from LAX to SFO, the time it left LAX and was to arrive at SFO, the flight number and airline and the type of plane. She briefly ranted about the government being capable of anything (with which I don't necessarily disagree), then seemed mollified and actually thanked me. I had ordered the two books recommended and hadn't even looked at them myself, but she admitted she took a look at one of them this morning, so that might have contributed as well. These types of conspiracies have a way of rebounding with new fake science, so I don't know if this will be the end of it, but this definitely took the wind out of her chemtrail sails, so to speak. Thanks again. As I see it, that app is the biggest buzz kill to claims of a chemtrail conspiracy.
After this latest bout about how 'snow' in New England is abnormal in winter, i dont know how anyone can take these guys seriously! : )

It might also be helpful to explain that if these contrails were indeed chaff, every ATC, TCAS and weather radar screen in the vicinity would show them. Additionally, explaining what chaff is, what a deployment looks like, and what it does will help clarify her misunderstanding.

Sounds promising. Do you use the "Augmented Reality" view?
I got the little add on where they simulate different animated planes, and I've actually found the whole thing interesting and educational for myself I might even continue playing around with the app for fun, but I think just knowing that these are regular commercial flights was enough to calm my wife's fears. I pointed my phone at the plane, hit the little binocular thing on there and she could see the flight info pop right up. Couldn't have been easier.

Yeah, I always find this app very interesting. It;s quite surprising the first time you look at an "almost overhead" trail and realise it is 35 miles away over a completely different city.

As I see it, that app is the biggest buzz kill to claims of a chemtrail conspiracy.

Then again, many many times I have been told by chemtrail believers that they can NEVER find ANY planes identifiable as ordinary flights. Of course that is BS, I began using flight tracking software in 1999 and had no problem.

Then again, many many times I have been told by chemtrail believers that they can NEVER find ANY planes identifiable as ordinary flights. Of course that is BS, I began using flight tracking software in 1999 and had no problem.
I'm wondering if some of the "augmented reality" features might solve some of that - counteracting the tendency to underestimate the distance of the planes in the sky. When you can hold up your phone camera and have the plane identified right there in the image...

I'm wondering if some of the "augmented reality" features might solve some of that - counteracting the tendency to underestimate the distance of the planes in the sky. When you can hold up your phone camera and have the plane identified right there in the image...

You would think so, but some of the more extreme chemtrail enthusiasts use FR24, like Max Bliss and PeeKay.

However, I think it's great for most people who just have some simple misconceptions about planes either being "unmarked military sprayers" (binoculars might be useful here too), or the planes being "low", or not "normal flight paths".

Yes as Belfrey says, the augmented reality view may help. I think a lot of chemtrail believers (well, a lot of the general public, I guess) have a poor sense of scale when it comes to planes. They see a big contrail up in the sky and think it must be within a mile or two, and often low down to the ground. So even if they look at the website,, if they don't see a plane almost straight over their house, they will think it isn't there.

The augmented reality view isn't perfect, though. Often it is out by several degrees even after calibrating the compass. But the biggest problem is that you can't filter by altitude like you can on the main view. I live only 20 miles or so from Heathrow, so trying to identify any planes low to the horizon in that direction on AR view is almost impossible as the view is cluttered with traffic low to the ground or even on the tarmac.

Sounds promising. Do you use the "Augmented Reality" view?

Do you have to pay to get that view? It would be worth it. I will look into it. I just spoke to my son (30yrs old) yesterday and he said he noticed planes leaving contrails at a low level. When I explained how high they were he couldn't believe it and he is not a believer of ChemTs.

Going by my experience with friends they don't use the UTC time converter when they use archive and I dare say their calculations are off. If they say there was no plane on FR24 I will ask them for the photo with time and place so I can check. Never been provided with a photo yet.
Edit: When I first started using fr24 I had issues finding planes via archive it took a few trials til I finally realised I wasn't converting properly so always used UTC converter even if the calculation seemed simple. I probably was even naughty and posted things on chem sites that were inaccurate luckily it wasn't for long til I realised my mistake.

you don;t have to pay extra for the augmented reality view once you paid for the app. (fairly cheap).
Certainly on Android, you just touch the binocular shaped button on the top right of your screen. i'm not sure how you are supposed to calibrate the compass properly cos I have definitely had some issues with mine.

you don;t have to pay extra for the augmented reality view once you paid for the app. (fairly cheap).
Certainly on Android, you just touch the binocular shaped button on the top right of your screen. i'm not sure how you are supposed to calibrate the compass properly cos I have definitely had some issues with mine.
Yes it's the same with iOS. The compass calibration can be a bit off but usually it is close enough to give you a good idea. I just wish there was an option to turn on filters on the augmented reality view as well. The view can get very cluttered around here.

image.jpg

Yeah, that was the trouble I was having yesterday. By the time you have adjusted s it can see the far away high up one you are trying to look at, it finds loads of closer lower flying ones that clutter the screen. As I said on the other thread about watching planes over Wales, I could see about 7 contrailing planes in one section of the sky (although they were as much as 30 miles away from each other of course).

Back