Glowing area above the setting sun. Partial sun pillar?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
20161005-223343-8cxt5.jpg

The sun had not fully set, but was just behind the ridge. I noticed this glow that looked like it was above the sun.

I cloud not tell if it was some effect like a sun pillar, or just a a lucky spot of clouds.

Close up:
20161005-223515-tamgx.jpg

A bit later, it has moved relative to the contrail.
20161005-223558-wi7h2.jpg

Later still. I stood on a low wall, so I was maybe 3 feet higher.
20161005-223707-yqegq.jpg

Last wide shot, seems to overlap the contrail.
20161005-223816-57o5o.jpg

Final closeup
20161005-224103-hu8f3.jpg

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Radapox Peru gas station object (blue "walking" blob) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Fin Watching a UFO From My Roof (UFO Releasing Glowing Orbs Into a Formation) - debunked? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Boston Molten and Glowing Metal 9/11 506
Mick West TFTRH #24: Nick Pope – Area 51, UFOs and UFOlogy Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 13
Mick West TFTRH #22: Seth Shostak: SETI Senior Astronomer: ETs, UFO "Disclosure" Area 51 Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 3
Mick West KC-135 Over Sacramento Area Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West Fear From Above: Chemtrails vs. Conspiracy Theory in the Bay Area Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Mick West "Awareness Ribbon" in Shawnee, OK area Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
CapnPegleg Debunked: Boyd Bushman, Area 51 scientist, claims existence of aliens in deathbed video [Hoax] Conspiracy Theories 16
WeedWhacker Let's imagine the actual area of the sky, above.... Contrails and Chemtrails 4
zebra100 JAAC- New MH370 Underwater Search Area Definition Flight MH370 60
zebra100 Newest Sighting of MH370 in Bengal Bay & Andaman Sea Area Flight MH370 12
Eden Debunked: Mysterious/Alien Pyramid inside Area 51/NTS/NNSS Conspiracy Theories 20
lamentiraestaahifuera.com Operation Large Area Coverage Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Oxymoron Surveillance/Attack Drones... Coming to an area near you. Wonderful world. Conspiracy Theories 99
Jay Reynolds China's Area 51? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
firepilot Any Bay Area debunkers? You may want to attend this Contrails and Chemtrails 9
oudeicrat Direction to Sun vs. Sun position above the AE map visualization Tools for Investigating and Debunking 8
abi Lights in the sky above town lights [Lens Flares] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Trailblazer Explained: "Human-shaped cloud above Zambian shopping centre" [Photoshop, kite] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
Mick West Black and White Contrail - Above or Below Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 10
Raccoon Photoshopped UFO above the airport! Practical Debunking 3
derwoodii Debunked: Strange lights above Canberra: (Photoshop mistake) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Chew Explained: UFO CAPTURED In Airplane above the clouds! WHAT IS THIS? [Air France 747] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Trailspotter The skies from above and below Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 22
Mick West Above or Below: How to tell if a contrail is above or below a cloud layer Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
SR1419 Use Siri to See What Flights Are Above You Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
T Understanding Truth Above All Else Conspiracy Theories 14
BlueCollarCritic CIA Conspired wDisney to Conquer Florida Cheaply and above the law Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West Visualizing Flight Paths Above 30,000 Feet Contrails and Chemtrails 62
M "Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake" General Discussion 2
Related Articles

Related Articles