Flight Simulator Contrails

FS2004 works better on older/smaller computers, and there are lots of add-ons that only worked on FS2004.

To be fair, it doesn't look that much different than the default contrails from the flight sim itself (the texture is what seems different.... i think). Both FS2004 and FSX simulate contrails for jet aircraft (and piston I think...) up at a certain altitude based on certain parameters. I'm sure folks can create fake photos even without this addon.

And yeah, FSX requires a bit of a tough computer to run, and is a bit unstable. Some people still stick with the older version for that reason.

FS2004 works better on older/smaller computers, and there are lots of add-ons that only worked on FS2004.

Any version of FS is a resource hog and needs an up to date computer to run optimally. The main reason why people stick to one version is that their add ones are only compatible with the version they have.

It is still a great program however and you can do a lot of creative things with it. I did a recreation of the World record loop of 22 Hawker Hunters at the Farnborough airshow in 1958 using it. It's on my YT channel.

Back