Earth Day Activity? (Chemtrail/HAARP/Geoengineering protest)

Steve Funk

Senior Member.
http://www.worldtruth.org/event/41/...ls-haarp-geoengineering-weather-modification/

Earth Day 2013

Hit the Streets and Protest Peacefully

Against: Chemtrails, HAARP, Weather Modification, Geoengineering, GMO's etc...

Use our Free Speech and demand that the poisoning of humanity stop!

Make signs, wear paper hospital masks, or gas masks, get creative!

Spend a few hours that day going out with friends and simply holding signs on busy street corners
Content from External Source
I haven't heard anything locally yet, but it reads like April 20 may be when some visible protest activity happens, most likely a booth at existing earth day festivities.

Vladimir Lenins Birthday ! That is what they should be protesting is glorifying communism under the banner of environmentalism !

Vladimir Lenins Birthday !
I hate to correct you, but Lenin is due on the 22nd ...

There is annother guy's birthday on the 20th - black hair, rectangular moustache, shouted a lot, started a world war. Rings a bell?

The official Earth Day is always on April 22nd, but the big events are usually on the weekend. This year 4/22 is on a Monday so the events happen on the 20th and 21st.

http://www.almanac.com/content/when-earth-day

Vladimir Lenins Birthday ! That is what they should be protesting is glorifying communism under the banner of environmentalism !

I don't recall "glorifying communism" being a theme at any Earth Day events I've been to, which has nothing to do with Lenin's birthday anyways. Are you old enough to have experienced the before and after results of the clean air and water acts, which were a direct result of Earth Day?

The official Earth Day is always on April 22nd, but the big events are usually on the weekend. This year 4/22 is on a Monday so the events happen on the 20th and 21st.

http://www.almanac.com/content/when-earth-day

I don't recall "glorifying communism" being a theme at any Earth Day events I've been to, which has nothing to do with Lenin's birthday anyways. Are you old enough to have experienced the before and after results of the clean air and water acts, which were a direct result of Earth Day?
Wasnt the first Earthday celebrated on Lenins 100th birthday ? Many people do think that Green is the new Red . Every day is Lenin's birthday in Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's getting a little off topic. Greens could be Marxist, but Chemmies, not likely because they don't trust government.

That's getting a little off topic. Greens could be Marxist, but Chemmies, not likely because they don't trust government.
true that ! Whats wrong with them protesting Something they believe in ? So long as no one is harmed . Who does trust the government except those funded or working for the Government ? Whether they are Chemtrails or Contrails they do screw up a nice sunny day .

If anyone is so inclined, and sufficiently thin-skinned, it might be an opportunity for counter-leafletting. That is why I brought this up. Hard core believers are just going to get pissed off, but you might reach some that are on the fence.

It always interesting, for a debunker, to go and talk to these people. Don't directly confront them and tell them they are wrong. I'd start with "I'm a bit skeptical about this whole chemtrail thing", and then let them try to convince you.

There's a whole bunch of different people out there.

true that ! Whats wrong with them protesting Something they believe in ? So long as no one is harmed . Who does trust the government except those funded or working for the Government ? Whether they are Chemtrails or Contrails they do screw up a nice sunny day .

I can find several government workers that proves this statement completely ignorant.

If anyone is so inclined, and sufficiently thin-skinned, it might be an opportunity for counter-leafletting. That is why I brought this up. Hard core believers are just going to get pissed off, but you might reach some that are on the fence.
Remember they are there to spread what they believe . Theyll just call you a troll . You might as well go to church on Sunday and tell Everyone there is no God .

The trick is to figure the flow of traffic and talk to people before they get to the chemtrails booth. Actually, I will be otherwise occupied due to a decadal birthday of my better half and will have to pass this time.

The trick is to figure the flow of traffic and talk to people before they get to the chemtrails booth. Actually, I will be otherwise occupied due to a decadal birthday of my better half and will have to pass this time.
at least take some video or a few pictures

Well I have a booth, for selling my jewelry, at an Earth Day festival. I object to ANYONE that does anything to cause trouble at any show. That is what some never consider, is all the folks that are invested in booths in a festival. This one is not very expensive, but at many festivals, the fee for a 10x10 will run as much as $500. It is bad enough that we have to take a chance on the weather, we don't need rabble rousers to cause trouble and to drive folks away.

At the Earth Day Fair in San Diego, 2014. That is Syd Stevens (real name: Tim Svetz), who is also known as SoCal Skywatch when promoting chemtrails and conspiracy theories. Scare-monger much?

img_2432-secret-chemtrail-and-haarp-programs-are-opposed-e1398648513262.jpg

Many of those people listen to Rush Limbaugh and think that acid rain and ozone depletion resulting from various forms of air pollution are liberal commie myths conjured up by people bent on destroying capitalism. Just because many people think something does not make that something correct.

There are libertarian economic reasons to regulate pollution, chiefly that pollution constitutes an externalized cost born by people not willfully engaged in the economic transaction.

"Negative Externalities" - Always an interesting topic to bring up with free-market enthusiasts. I talked to a couple at the JREF conference last year, and was surprised that they did not seem aware of the concept.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality#Negative

"Negative Externalities" - Always an interesting topic to bring up with free-market enthusiasts. I talked to a couple at the JREF conference last year, and was surprised that they did not seem aware of the concept.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality#Negative
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”

--Upton Sinclair

[Edit: I'm not saying that that crowd is specifically disinclined...just a general observation as to why economists are so lonely--when talking about negative externalities--in this country]

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”

--Upton Sinclair

I don't think that really applies to the JREF folk, they were just libertarian types who had excessive faith in the power of unregulated free market to get rid to pollution.

I don't think that really applies to the JREF folk, they were just libertarian types who had excessive faith in the power of unregulated free market to get rid to pollution.
Damn, you're fast...I was adding my "edit" as you snuck this in...yes...agreed...

At the Earth Day Fair in San Diego, 2014. That is Syd Stevens (real name: Tim Svetz), who is also known as SoCal Skywatch when promoting chemtrails and conspiracy theories. Scare-monger much?

img_2432-secret-chemtrail-and-haarp-programs-are-opposed-e1398648513262.jpg

This stuff here, is really not helping bring Earth Day up in the minds of those that already dismiss it as a bunch of tree hugging hippie bullshit.

This stuff here, is really not helping bring Earth Day up in the minds of those that already dismiss it as a bunch of tree hugging hippie bullshit.

Indeed, which is a good illustration of my "bunk distracts from real issues" rationale for debunking. Why would someone be concerned about regular environmental issues if they believed a shadowy elite was spraying them with toxins on a daily basis.

Next year, keep in the back of your mind...."Earth Day" continues to fall on the date of my birth (for some reason...).

(I will accept PayPal, VISA, MC etc. No, not really....) :)

Back