Debunked: Sandy Hook: The Man in The Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been digging but this is the only picture I could find. Maybe your eyes can see something mine cant.

Then again, if he was a real threat, would he not be in the back-seat of the car?

Notice in the video I posted above (be sure to 1080p full screen), the first police officer running pauses, holds then suddenly disappears behind the building. VERY Odd. Almost like a video editing gone bad.

Then the second officer seems to be "gliding".

the 4th officer looks like a K9 unit. suddenly disappears
maybe you should try reading the thread. Granted the early thread stuff is a bit misconstrued but that's basically due to reporters getting info wrong. Most likely everything you're wondering about has been answered already in here somewhere. Including your premise that a news helicopter was on scene so shortly after the shooting, which of course is false.

a
I've been digging but this is the only picture I could find. Maybe your eyes can see something mine cant.

Then again, if he was a real threat, would he not be in the back-seat of the car?

Notice in the video I posted above (be sure to 1080p full screen), the first police officer running pauses, holds then suddenly disappears behind the building. VERY Odd. Almost like a video editing gone bad.

the 4th officer looks like a K9 unit. suddenly disappears

We don't know when this footage was taken. We don't know who the individual that some think is being apprehended is. There is no evidence that he or she is a police officer, either on or off duty, (or even if an "arrest" is actually taking place).

The "Police reportedly questioning someone. Witness says the man was led out of the woods by police in handcuffs" picture seems to be nothing more than a photograph of a car and the report comes from an unidentified witness.

the first police officer running pauses, holds then suddenly disappears behind the building. VERY Odd. Almost like a video editing gone bad.
I don't really see this. Are you being confused by the jerky zooming in and out of the camera?

Gliding? I don't see this either. It seems a slightly bizarre claim.

Given this evidence (or lack thereof), what are you implying? What do you actually believe is happening?

Last edited:
The "Police reportedly questioning someone. Witness says the man was led out of the woods by police in handcuffs" picture seems to be nothing more than a photograph of a car and the report comes from an unidentified witness.
I've only ever seen ONE "witness". That guy Ron. Problem with that is Ron describes "camo man" who 1. is nowhere near the above car photo and 2. camo came out of the woods not in handcuffs and nowhere near where Ron is in that video of Rons testimony. I don't know what Ron was talking about honestly.

I have recently read that parents of two of Roig's students deposed that the gingerbread house making activity was scheduled for 2:00 or 2:30 pm. This time would make sense. The parent participates with the child in the activity and both go home together, taking their creation with them. Manfredonia seems to have been 4.5 hrs early.

I have recently read that parents of two of Roig's students deposed that the gingerbread house making activity was scheduled for 2:00 or 2:30 pm. This time would make sense. The parent participates with the child in the activity and both go home together, taking their creation with them. Manfredonia seems to have been 4.5 hrs early.
Manfedonia wasn't the man in the woods (so technically this is the wrong thread). That was a misconception by the early press reportings.

There was a morning and afternoon gingerbread activity scheduled.

But please provide links/sources when referring to evidence or statements that people have made.

That on 12-14-12, she was on her way to SHES to participate in a gingerbread house building event 01 02 03 12, 04
Page2of3
~ stated that she left her house at approximately 9:40AM to be there for 9:45.

Book 5 #91354
Content from External Source
She went to sign in to the office at 9:31 AM. She
stated that there were a couple of parents walking around because there was a gingerbread house building activity going on inside the school and
the parents were there to help out and participate.
Book 5 #5519
stated that on 12/14/12, he came to Sandy Hook Elementary School to make gingerbread houses with 01 02 03 12 . He stated
that he was supposed to be there by 0945 hours. He stated that he arrived early and was there at 0935 hours

Book 5 #14498
On 12/14/2012 I was going to Sandy Hook Elem
School to help make gingerbread houses in class. I
was due at the school at about 0945 in the morning .
Book 5 #3341

Attachments

• 00091354.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 804
  • 00005519.pdf
    536 KB · Views: 978
  • 00014498.pdf
    640.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 00003341.pdf
    603.7 KB · Views: 861
Manfedonia wasn't the man in the woods (so technically this is the wrong thread). That was a misconception by the early press reportings.

There was a morning and afternoon gingerbread activity scheduled.

But please provide links/sources when referring to evidence or statements that people have made.

That on 12-14-12, she was on her way to SHES to participate in a gingerbread house building event 01 02 03 12, 04
Page2of3
~ stated that she left her house at approximately 9:40AM to be there for 9:45.

Book 5 #91354
She went to sign in to the office at 9:31 AM. She
stated that there were a couple of parents walking around because there was a gingerbread house building activity going on inside the school and
the parents were there to help out and participate.
Book 5 #5519
stated that on 12/14/12, he came to Sandy Hook Elementary School to make gingerbread houses with 01 02 03 12 . He stated
that he was supposed to be there by 0945 hours. He stated that he arrived early and was there at 0935 hours

Book 5 #14498
On 12/14/2012 I was going to Sandy Hook Elem
School to help make gingerbread houses in class. I
was due at the school at about 0945 in the morning .
Book 5 #3341

Okay. Going to try and remain on topic here.
I find it very concerning that this site/forum seems more interested in quickly debunking or shunning claims than actually keeping an open mind to alternative views or different perspectives.
While the media may not have found it important that a person, dressed 'darkly', with a weapon, had indeed been contacted and questioned, at least about his identity, by police, in the woods behind the school on that terrible day in Connecticut, I and many others (obviously by the length of this thread) do find it very interesting.

A lot of the information that is used to respond to questions regarding this very interesting "off duty, special tactical officer from another area" is coming from reports on the day of the shooting. If this is an on-going investigation, with as many solid claims or questions surrounding many aspects of the tragedy in Newtown, why has there never been any effort put into answering some of the questions asked, that would have never been asked, had first responders stuck to protocol? No one got the name of the oddly-placed guy that they happened to run into in the woods, behind the school only moments after 27 people were killed?

[off topic removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
While the media may not have found it important that a person, dressed 'darkly', with a weapon, had indeed been contacted and questioned, at least about his identity, by police
um, got a source for that. The reporters in the woods, which is what is in that footage, didnt have weapons.

um, got a source for that. The reporters in the woods, which is what is in that footage, didnt have weapons.
The source is in this mile long thread. The people in the woods were not identified as reporters. Had they been this thread wouldn't exist.

The source is in this mile long thread. The people in the woods were not identified as reporters. Had they been this thread wouldn't exist.
yes they were. But the report didnt come out until nearly a year after this thread was started, so it's best to read it backwards to get more accurate information. I posted it a page or two back.

The source is in this mile long thread.
no it isnt. the only person having a weapon was a police officer in jeans townspeople were asking who that was in the woods. This thread is primarily about the "video footage" conspiracy theorists claimed was police chasing someone into the woods (they didnt chase anyone into the woods).

From now quote your sources AND (as in the crisis actor thread) at least be mroe clear about what you are referring to.
https://www.metabunk.org/posting-guidelines.t2064/

yes they were. But the report didnt come out until nearly a year after this thread was started, so it's best to read it backwards to get more accurate information. I posted it a page or two back.

Ok. So reporters were in the woods. Immediately after the event. I will go back and ensure that I have seen your post. Still don't see how reporters wouldn't know that reporters were in the woods by the time the chopper was shooting aerial footage just like I don't see how officers wouldn't know that there was an officer in there before they entered and was initially reported the day of.

So the story is no longer an off duty officer was in the woods, those were media?

just like I don't see how officers wouldn't know that there was an officer in there before they entered
i dont know what you are talking about. Officers didnt care, never detained or questioned, the police officer town folk saw and asked about later on.

The video footage, police officers ran into the woods and spread out, they questioned two reporters they found in there. The reporters were not 'detained', other than the few minutes it took to verify their identities.

The man who WAS detained and brought to the police station, the one Lowe saw 'come out of the woods' in the squad car, actually came from the parking lot. he was a civilian who parked near the firehouse and just went up to the school to see what was going on. The police had him detained in the parking lot (of the school) for a while, tehn Brookfield police transferred him to a squad car after searching HIS car. He was taken to the police station approx. 12 o'clock and a case number was assigned.

I find it very concerning that this site/forum seems more interested in quickly debunking or shunning claims than actually keeping an open mind to alternative views or different perspectives.
Examining the 'alternative views or different perspectives' with an open mind is the definition of what happens here, but there's no point keeping the mind open to things that are obviously false or lack the evidence for an extraordinary claim.
But it really is best if you're going to say things like that you use concrete examples specific to the topic; if you have a problem with the philosophy or execution of this site there are some more general open discussion threads where people have brought up the same complaint.

Ok. So reporters were in the woods. Immediately after the event. I will go back and ensure that I have seen your post. Still don't see how reporters wouldn't know that reporters were in the woods by the time the chopper was shooting aerial footage just like I don't see how officers wouldn't know that there was an officer in there before they entered and was initially reported the day of.

So the story is no longer an off duty officer was in the woods, those were media?

My sources are this very thread in comments made by the moderators in the first four pages of it. I have seen the video footage of the woods. While I saw nothing that would even lead me to think they were doing anything more than 'fanning out' to apprehend any other possible suspects, the article that a moderator here referenced stated that contact had been made with someone in the woods, but he was not detained.

News footage shows another person saying that they put someone in a car that they took from the woods, saying he didn't do it

Doors open/closed who cares. With the amount of weaponry/ammo he had I'm surprised the trunk wasn't popped open too. But people seeing people held in cars or reports of people being contacted in the woods, are details I think would require a little more information on

My sources are this very thread in comments made by the moderators in the first four pages of it
then linked them.

The thread starts (before i joined MB) with Mick assuming the OP question - which violates posting guidelines- was asking about a father, Manfredonia. The mainstream media was showing footage of Lowe reporting he saw the police take a man out handcuffed and this man was now sitting in the police cruiser. Mick might have assumed that man was Manfredonia.

At the same time, back then, there was an article in the Newtown Bee that answered a question from townspeople regarding an officer they saw that day in jeans in the woods.

BUT 1. Manfredonia was not he man Lowe saw. (PDF statement attached)

He stated that several police officers approached him and
ordered him to the ground. He stated that he was handcuffed and led to the parking lot. He stated that Captain Rios asked another officer to unlock
the handcuffs and then he waited in the parking lot for class to come out of the school. He stated that once her class came out of the
school, he joined the class and helped get them all to the firehouse (see attached statement).

BUT neither of those instances had anything to do with the video footage Mick shows in like post #6 or so on the first page of this thread. That footage was taken much later (well an hour or two later), and was 2 reporters. Noone knew it was 2 reporters until the Official report came out in Dec 2013.
I dont know if during that first year, alternative media called the police and asked who was in that footage. But if they did, my guess is, they were either told it was reporters or were told soemthing like 'i have no idea what footage you are talking about, all that information will be in the official report once it is released'.

Attachments

• 00014498manfredonia.pdf
    617.1 KB · Views: 789
Still don't see how reporters wouldn't know that reporters were in the woods by the time the chopper was shooting aerial footage
You have little knowledge of how news reporting works. Reporters are not some kind of organised army, they are an unorganised rabble. They bigger the story, the bigger and more unorganised the rabble.

Every TV station, radio station, newspaper and freelancer is out looking for a scoop, the shots or angle that will out do the others and attract viewers, readers and listeners to their station or publication. When they are chasing a really big and breaking story, you will barely know who else is around, and no idea where anyone else is (outside any official press line). All you care about is where your team is and getting your reports in... the rest of the press corps could be putting on a nudist production of The Sound Of Music in a local brewery for all you know or care, its not your business, the breaking story is.

Uh, what are you proposing as an alternative? That we not look into fantastical claims in order to maintain a falsely "open mind"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back