[Debunked] Object Seen From Airplane Above Canberra: 04 Apr 2012

Theferäl

I couldn't see this one being discussed or debunked but thought it was strange enough to post. Apparently taken on 04 Feb 2012 above Canberra, Australia. I'll see if I can find out any other details. My immediate reaction to any of these civilian vids that show more than a blurry light is that it was CGI. [The second video just shows a detailed view of the 'object' hovering to the far left of the screen before disappearing from view and reappearing slightly higher, travelling quickly from left to right.] Any ideas?

[ETA: it's not 'hovering', just apparently remaining stationary relative to the speed of the aircraft. Also, if CGI'd, this seems like an odd detail to include, IMO.]

Last edited:
[ETA: it's not 'hovering', just apparently remaining stationary relative to the speed of the aircraft. Also, if CGI'd, this seems like an odd detail to include, IMO.]

Or just the giveaway of the fake. Uploader might not have noticed originally, then after upload, noticed but doubled down by presenting it (the next video is 4 days later) as part of the strangeness of the object.

Or just the giveaway of the fake. Uploader might not have noticed originally, then after upload, noticed but doubled down by presenting it (the next video is 4 days later) as part of the strangeness of the object.
Yeah, that's a fair point. Looking at some of their other videos, I think the channel is highly suss too. I should've checked more before posting. The level of sheer fakery in the UFO subject is what put me off being interested in it years ago. And people wonder why it's not taken seriously.

Yeah exactly. We're far past the point where almost anyone can fake almost anything on video with enough time & effort, sometimes indistinguishable from a real encounter.

So if your interest is in finding the truth behind UAP, it's best to mostly ignore single-source civilian sightings.

So if your interest is in finding the truth behind UAP, it's best to mostly ignore single-source civilian sightings.
This isn't even that, the source is "crazybreakingnews", nearly 10 years ago.

I'm considering updating the guidelines to exclude videos like these.

Back