Death Rates in Holmes County, OH. Claimed link with Vaccination Status

if they ever do a study it would be also interesting if they could figure out how many people wanted to go to various services but were denied because staff/doctors were ill themselves
what seems to have happened mid-2020 was people being more reluctant to seek medical care for fear of getting infected at the hospital

but that was offset by the much reduced traffic and pollution in the cities

I haven't heard of staffing issues like you describe, is there even anecdotal evidence for that?

I haven't heard of staffing issues like you describe, is there even anecdotal evidence for that?
we had staffing issues all over our hospitals (America, not just connecticut). safe to assume dr.s offices had staffing issues at times as well. I think that was the most effective guilt-if-you-catch-covid things the media was always printing! no reason to think it untrue, of course staff would catch covid in covid wards.

Maybe google New York
1671665034385.png

I remember nurses took to "traveling" after the virus because they were paying xtra money for outside nurses. etc.

certainly non life threatening and elective surgeries were canceled for a long time as hospital doctors were busy with covid patients.

certainly non life threatening and elective surgeries were canceled for a long time as hospital doctors were busy with covid patients.
And we were hearing daily reports from NY about hospitals where doctors and nurses worked long hours in the days when there was no medication, no vaccine, and in some places, very short supplies of even basic equipment such as masks and gowns. Not all the neglect of other patients was voluntary on the patients' part: the hospitals had no beds, and patients were left in the corridors while ambulances continued to bring more people in. Here's just one out of many of the articles describing the situation, from a story in 2020:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/coron...hortages-mount-at-hard-hit-elmhurst-hospital/

there were staffing issues, sure, but for many other reasons
youre right, there is no reason to assume health care personnel caught covid from the patients. <that's sarcasm.

They dont report data on specific dr offices (which is what i read obiwan's comment as referring to vs hospital staff), so you just have to extrapolate that if hospital workers caught covid it stands to reason that private dr offices staff catch covid too and since many offices only have 1,2 or 3 doctors (and half of them are usually now actually nurse practitioners), even 1 dr out sick would mean cancelled appointments.

all i can think of for hospital services would be mammograms... (maybe colonoscopies but im not looking that up)

the closest i see in a quick google scan (im not willing to deep dive this for you) is "covid related, administrative issues, and provider request" .. administration issues would also be provider request so ... you can read the full text and tell us.
Article:
Results: During the study period, 5340 mammogram appointments were kept and 2784 mammogram appointments were canceled. From a baseline of 30 (10.8%) canceled mammograms in January, cancellations peaked in March (576, 20.6%) and gradually decreased to a low in August (197, 7%). Reasons for cancellations varied significantly by month (P < .0001) and included COVID-19 related (236, 8.5%), unspecified patient reasons (1,210, 43.5%), administrative issues (147, 5.3%), provider requests (46, 1.7%), sooner appointments available (31, 1.1%), and reasons not given (486, 17.5%). In addition, compared to a baseline in January (51, 16.5%), electronic patient portal access peaked in August (67, 34.0%).

do i want to quote a WHO source since it's been established in this thread that they cant be trusted? i'm gonna:
Article:
sept 2020 COVID-19 has infected some 570,000 health workers and killed 2,500 in the Americas, PAHO Director says

Article:
OMICRON DEC. 24, 2021
The Silent Wave Inside the city’s hospitals fighting COVID, scores of doctors and nurses are suddenly out sick.

but if you want to argue that noone got an appt cancelled because the dr was out with covid, that's cool. this thread has been off topic for too long, i'm not going to argue the trivial point of obiwans statement further.

And we were hearing daily reports from NY about hospitals where doctors and nurses worked long hours in the days when there was no medication, no vaccine, and in some places, very short supplies of even basic equipment such as masks and gowns. Not all the neglect of other patients was voluntary on the patients' part: the hospitals had no beds, and patients were left in the corridors while ambulances continued to bring more people in. Here's just one out of many of the articles describing the situation, from a story in 2020:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/coron...hortages-mount-at-hard-hit-elmhurst-hospital/
Article:

• 18% of health care workers have quit their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic, while another 12% have been laid off.
  • Among health care workers who have kept their jobs during the pandemic, 31% have considered leaving.
https://morningconsult.com/2021/10/04/health-care-workers-series-part-2-workforce/

Having both a wife and daughter who are nurses, I heard alot about medical staff, especially nurses, quitting at the height of the pandemic. Being overworked, lack of adequate PPE, and an unwillingness to potentially take COVID home to their families were reasons I frequently heard. Many of the older nurses simply decided it was a good time to retire, but there were situations where nurses literally walked out in the middle of their shifts. And yes, a number of them did come down with COVID.

Both my wife and daughter got, and to a much lesser extent still get, calls and emails from medical recruiting firms offering them jobs at unusually high salaries. One of my wife's friends (from here in Ohio) accepted such a job in NYC that included a signing bonus, relocation pay and accommodation.

The topic is Death rates in Holmes County. New topics in appropriate threads please.

Back