Dark irregular shaped object drifting in the sky [Castle Mylar Party Balloon]

deirdre

Senior Member.
Ask him if he ever watches the cricket when the camera is behind the umpire. Does he think the bowler and batsman are 1 metre apart?
I'm not understanding your comparison here. Many experienced pilots have trouble deciphering the size of objects against the sky. Even Dreyfuss, in Jaws, made Brody walk to the end of the plank for 'scale' in his shot with an ocean background.

deirdre

Senior Member.
Certain low angles in sports make it look like things are much closer to each other than they really are.
:) I realize that. I am saying that I don't understand how this camera phenomenon equates to seeing something in the sky with your own eyes. The OP also took photos without a zoom.

And even if he only had a zoom, the sky is different than a baseball shot because there are no visual clues in the sky to tell you WHERE the object is relative to anything else.

I thought this was a model rocket or a remote-control toy. Turns out it is a big ol military jet. But the truth is it could be a model toy.. there is nothing in the picture to give us any indication of Where/distance the object is in the sky, so it's size cannot be determined unless you're someone who happens to know it is a military jet.
40665925_235413990657944_2253748427462541312_n.jpg
from: https://www.metabunk.org/castle-in-the-sky-huawei-phone-digital-glitch-海市蜃楼-华为.t9959/

Gary McH-P

A remarkable coincidence. This time it's a flying car in the skies above South Yorkshire.

They really ought to attach stronger string to those balloons!

I'm not understanding your comparison here. Many experienced pilots have trouble deciphering the size of objects against the sky. Even Dreyfuss, in Jaws, made Brody walk to the end of the plank for 'scale' in his shot with an ocean background.

My point was how can he determine that what he's looking at is bigger than the Balloon from where he is standing.

Thinking about it now, you are right. My analogy was wrong as you have the umpire and the batsman as reference points for when you move from behind to the side. But here we're comapring size not distance. So I detract my analogy.

But I still ask, how can he determine the size of 'his object' being bigger than the balloons size?

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West The "9/11 Papers" from the "Dark Overlord" 9/11 6
Mick West Explained: Dark Streak UFO Photo - Barn Swallow + Motion Blur UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
T Help with Photo Of Dark Lines in Clouds needed. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Magic77 What is this Dark Mysterious Line in the Sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Leifer Dark or green spot in a webcam sky...Nibiru? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West Giant Dark Persistent Aerodynamic Contrail Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 6
Mick West A Dark Contrail near Salt Lake Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West Dark Beam in front of a Contrail, Massa, Italy [Edge Shadow] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
I Dark arc associated with cirrus ice cloud Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Trailspotter Explained: Dark contrails behind bright planes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Mick West Dark Line in Sky over Vancouver Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
David West "Occam's Razor" - A Dark Comedy Short Film General Discussion 32
Mick West Pair of Dark lines in Philadelphia Sky [Contrail Shadows] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Boodles Algorithmic Trading: A Dark Magic? General Discussion 10
Swifty "Disc shaped" object in Antarctica on Google Earth UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Mick West Plane Shaped "Drone" Caught on Camera. Mead, NE - Cessna Caravan? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Trailblazer Explained: "Human-shaped cloud above Zambian shopping centre" [Photoshop, kite] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
Marin B What is this shower curtain-shaped cloud called? [Cirrus Fibratus] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Explained: Large Cigar Shaped Object Caught Shooting Into Storm Cloud In Spain [Reflection] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 12
Trailspotter Unusually shaped trail over East Anglia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West S-Shaped Contrail off the Oregon Coast Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Debunked: C-130 dropping 'raindrop shaped fibers', lab tests for metals [Spider Silk, Dirt] Contrails and Chemtrails 105
Trailspotter Investigated: W-shaped contrail near Central California Coast Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 51
Mick West Solved: U-Shaped Contrail near San Francisco [NASA502 Survey, again] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Explained: Flying Carpet Rhombus-shaped Cloud in Exeter Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 23
Mick West Three U-Shaped Contrails in Serbia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West Solar Tube Shaped UFO over Korosten, Ukraine [CGI by Kaschuba brothers] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 28
Related Articles

Related Articles