Cruise Ship UFO - Yucatan, NUFORC 180078

john.phil

Footage of a UFO was recorded onboard a cruising ship in Yucatan. A report was sent to NUFORC and registered under number 180078. On reddit, the footage gives the impression of a distant light or bright object moving quickly in the sky. The report reads:

NUFORC Sighting 180078​

Occurred: 2023-11-28 00:30 Local
Reported: 2024-01-16 19:29 Pacific
Duration: 3-5 min
No of observers: 2

Location details: In a cruise ship in middle of ocean miles from mexico

Shape: Diamond
Color:
Bright white
Estimated Size: Can’t tell
Viewed From: Boat
Angle of Elevation: 70
Closest Distance: A few miles
Characteristics:
Aura or haze around object, Left a trail

Went to room to sit on balcony and spotted bright light moving very fast

When back to my room to sit on balcony of ship and noticed an bright object going all over. As you can see in the video closest land was hundreds miles away I asked the cruise ship persenal and he said they do not use drones and drones are pro-fitted for people to take on board. He said maybe Mexico is doing something
Content from External Source
source: https://nuforc.org/sighting/?id=180078

On reddit, the footage is low resolution, making it difficult to identify the object if watched before the high resolution version.

www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1bnkb62/uap_observed_from_cruise_ship_in_gulf_of_mexico/

The high resolution version of the footage in question:

From the footage, it's quite obvious it's a gull.

I have cropped and enhanced the footage to make the gull standout, which was reported as a very fast moving, diamond shaped bright light with an aura, leaving a trail, and a few miles away:

Location details: In a cruise ship in middle of ocean miles from mexico

When back to my room to sit on balcony of ship and noticed an bright object going all over. As you can see in the video closest land was hundreds miles away I asked the cruise ship persenal and he said they do not use drones and drones are pro-fitted for people to take on board. He said maybe Mexico is doing something

"pro-fitted" - do they mean prohibited?

From the footage, it's quite obvious it's a gull.
View attachment 67456
yeah, it does look like a bird in that part of the video, but why is it so bright in other parts?

It looks very much like a drone to me. I think the suggestion here is that it is vary far away from anything else, so a drone is unlikely. But that doesn't consider other ships in the area, and what their policy is regarding drones?

Last edited:
There is some motion blur, perhaps what they meant by "trail". They also reported an aura, very high speeds, a bright light, and judged it to be a few miles away.

So captured - at night no less - with a slow shutter speed. On a device that performs an unsharpen mask on the captured image.

Sounds like he's using alien technology, as nothing on earth does that. /sarc

I'd like to add that on the 28 of November 2023 it was nearly a full moon 1712669843714.png
Which would explain why it looks so bright (as far as footage at 12:30AM usually goes)

To me this looks like a bird, maybe with just a white underbelly and darker extremities, flying near a cruise ship and reflecting the moonlight on an otherwise dark environment (partially clouded night in the middle of the sea)

Last edited:
Back