Cirrus Cloud Seeding

tryblinking

Senior Member.
Hi all.
Couldn't find a thread that focused solely on discussing/explaining cloud seeding to those who'll listen, so I started one. Not that I have much specific knowledge in the field, mind you, though I understand the principle.

I just read this BBC article, and thought it could find a home here somewhere.
Geoengineering: Goldilocks effect to cloud seeding

This is a little different to cloud seeding per se, and does fold in a lot of issues we deal with regularly. As such it could cause all sorts of misunderstandings, so debunkernators on stun.

[Mick, if there's anywhere better this belongs, feel free to make it so.]

I particularly like the fact that, if this type of seeding were employed, it would explicitly make the cirrus clouds effected thinner, and more transparent. That is the polar opposite of the signature of geoengineering that chemtrail believers falsely identify, when they complain about 'dense', 'muddy', 'dirty' cirrus clouds, obscuring their sky.

Interesting they suggest using BiI3 (Bismuth(III) iodide), a black powder, which would mean black "chemtrails" if spread by plane :)

Interesting they suggest using BiI3 (Bismuth(III) iodide), a black powder, which would mean black "chemtrails" if spread by plane :)
Depending upon the aerosol concentration required. . . .it is just as likely that it would not be visible at all. . . .

Back