"Boomerang" Moon UFO video [Bird]

Not a parachute and not part of Area 51 either. Its the Nevada Test Range and it looks like tailings from one of the many test shots close by if not an even smaller test shot itself. the shadows are improperly attributed in the video as being to the southwest of objects but you can see that they are north/northwest so it s very high sun. it dates from pre-1998 imagery and could even be a salt bed. Not a UFO for sure.

I think you nailed the button on this one Pete, Its a broadcast radio tower. The six dirt spots are the guide wire anchors and you can clearly see the tower's shadow.

So it turns out this huge Anomaly is just something on the ground? That makes a lot of sense considering something that big wouldn't be only seen on google maps haha

That utuber Crrow777 seems to be one of those "I don't understand therefore... conspiracy!" types.
Unfortunately I think it's worse than that. I don't trust him. A couple of weeks ago he created a video titled "Has The Earth or Moon Tilted Beyond Cyclical Norms?" showing images of the moon from random dates and times which exhibit field rotation relative to each other. Naturally, a bunch of other YouTubers who are just as ignorant of field rotation and astronomy latched onto the video and re-uploaded it on their own channels. When it was pointed out to him that he was showing the effects of field rotation he uploaded a new version admitting that field rotation was a factor, but without outright saying that it was normal. He basically meandered for several minutes pointing out the angle between the two images again but essentially said "it's just to get you thinking about it" and "the calculations for this are hard." He also alludes to the saros cycle without explicitly naming it.

He seems to be trying to give himself the appearance of credibility and rationality by not taking a hard line out of the gate, and thought he issued a "correction" by admitting he should have talked about field rotation, he doesn't actually apply it to show that it is indeed normal, whether with software like stellarium or with separate calculations. I posted a comment with equations to show that the apparent "tilt" is normal and though he responded by saying he "appreciated the thought" I put into it, he deleted my comment. I'm not sure what his next move is, but I think he's trying to give false pretenses of rationally analyzing data. What his future intentions are remain to be seen, but I would not take any of his videos at face value. With assistance I could create an identical "UFO" passing in front of the moon using three balloons cross-linked by balsa wood bars.

Unfortunately I think it's worse than that. I don't trust him. A couple of weeks ago he created a video titled "Has The Earth or Moon Tilted Beyond Cyclical Norms?" showing images of the moon from random dates and times which exhibit field rotation relative to each other. Naturally, a bunch of other YouTubers who are just as ignorant of field rotation and astronomy latched onto the video and re-uploaded it on their own channels. When it was pointed out to him that he was showing the effects of field rotation he uploaded a new version admitting that field rotation was a factor, but without outright saying that it was normal. He basically meandered for several minutes pointing out the angle between the two images again but essentially said "it's just to get you thinking about it" and "the calculations for this are hard." He also alludes to the saros cycle without explicitly naming it.

He seems to be trying to give himself the appearance of credibility and rationality by not taking a hard line out of the gate, and thought he issued a "correction" by admitting he should have talked about field rotation, he doesn't actually apply it to show that it is indeed normal, whether with software like stellarium or with separate calculations. I posted a comment with equations to show that the apparent "tilt" is normal and though he responded by saying he "appreciated the thought" I put into it, he deleted my comment. I'm not sure what his next move is, but I think he's trying to give false pretenses of rationally analyzing data. What his future intentions are remain to be seen, but I would not take any of his videos at face value. With assistance I could create an identical "UFO" passing in front of the moon using three balloons cross-linked by balsa wood bars.
Welcome Astro . . . are you the Astronut or Dr Astro on GLP?

Back