Another Reddit plane to plane?

jarlrmai

Senior Member.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/156n9p0/video_of_uapufo_i_took_while_looking_out_the/

What looks like dark contrails filmed from a plane.

User posts the following

Avelo (that’s a whole other topic!- we decided to try them bc they are new and closer than the NYC airports )never again though.

Avelo Flight XP 434 Sat Nov 26th from Nashville to New Haven, CT 12:05pm

If you are smart enough to find the plane making the contrails, then you are smart enough to find the manifest and figure out my identity which I prefer to stay private since I am non-spotlight seeking type of person and a law abiding citizen. Thank you :)

In the title the year is given as 2022

However I cannot find this flight on ADSB Exchange

Anyone with FR24 business or another source able to locate the flight?

So it was due to depart at 12:05 but didn't so the sighting was not at 12:05? Or are those times UTC?

Unless there was another flight on that day?

looking at the colour of the sky and the take off & landing times I think there's a mismatch there.

I think @flarkey is right about the sky color, since a departure at 19:17 in November, especially going west to east, should be In near darkness. But I have questions about that:
(1) Is that local time on the departure?
(2) If that is taken on a cell phone or tablet, would it be automatically adjusting the exposure and thus show it much lighter than it really was?
(3) Do you all think it looks like contrails? If so, what would cause them to be that "bowlegged"? It starts out looking like a large box kite, but the clip continues long past the point of giving us useful information.

That arch little comment of the OP caught my eye:
"If you are smart enough to find the plane making the contrails, then you are smart enough to find the manifest and figure out my identity which I prefer to stay private since I am non-spotlight seeking type of person and a law abiding citizen."

I wouldn't expect that someone who really wanted to stay private would post this on a public forum in the first place. It sounds attention-seeking enough to think "hoax", in one respect or another.

"If you are smart enough to find the plane making the contrails, then you are smart enough to find the manifest and figure out my identity which I prefer to stay private since I am non-spotlight seeking type of person and a law abiding citizen."

I wouldn't expect that someone who really wanted to stay private would post this on a public forum in the first place. It sounds attention-seeking enough to think "hoax", in one respect or another.

Yeah, I was wondering when I read that, is the manifest of ticketed passengers publicly available? If I fly from Sacramento to Bosie on a Southwest flight, can someone publicly look up the manifest and see if I was on that flight? Obviously, the airline knows and if needed the FFA or other government agencies could know, but can the general public?

It's possible the post thought the public could without really knowing.

(3) Do you all think it looks like contrails? If so, what would cause them to be that "bowlegged"?

The plane appears to be flying almost towards the camera at the start of the footage, and the heading becomes progressively further behind the camera as the filming plane moves forward.

Contrails do tend to bow outwards and then curve back inwards due to the shape of the wake, and this effect is more pronounced when viewed from head on, with a foreshortening effect.

A few picture examples of "head-on contrails" randomly taken from the internet:

1690278060395.png

1690278109493.png

1690278122344.png

This video has a good selection of head-on contrails, some of them "dark".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdnQpNufZc

The segment at 3:12 is rather similar to the OP.

Youtube video grab:
1690278386553.png

OP video grab:

1690278479911.png

Back