Alex Jones Deplatforming and Related Conspiracy Theories

.....to add, and other views ( being a devil's advocate)...

What if banning/deleting content is just an occasional warning, "don't go past this line" ? ..... and targeting popular sites as "public (accessible) examples".

Could these actions be sporadic, and spaced well enough apart to cool the waters, then happen again ?
... or, to incrementally acclimate us to frequent control actions ?

Are black activists given a guilt-pass ?

Are black activists given a guilt-pass ?
I doubt it. Some in the black community have been complaining about FB for a few years
ex
MAY 18, 2017 — DiDi Delgado, co-founder of BLM Cambridge, released an article referencing this petition and discussing Facebook's racist banning practices. Please read and share among your networks https://www.change.org/p/facebook-s...ounts-of-black-and-trans-activists/u/20302997
Content from External Source
Anecdotal: I think BLM posts have been 'de-importantized' in the FB algorithms because I used to get them in my feed all the time, and I responded to a lot of them which usually keeps similar posts coming, but I haven't seen any anti-police posts in quite a long while. I did get one (meme) yesterday, which is what made me think of it. I debunked it (qualifies as Fake News) , so in theory I should be getting more similar posts in my feed. I'll let you know if they start up again.

** note: although in April this year the largest BLM page was removed, maybe I was getting all links from that Page which is now gone

The largest Black Lives Matter page on Facebook was a scam
A CNN report found that the page was being run by a white man in Australia.
By P.R. Lockhart Updated Apr 11, 2018, 11:09am EDT

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/4/10/17219676/facebook-black-lives-matter-page-fake

Similar de-platforming situations are those that have happened on college campuses, where crowds have protested enough to prevent or cancel speakers of free speech.
UC Berkeley had riots when Milo Yainnapolis was scheduled to speak on the campus, in 2017.
This event was cancelled because of campus protests and destruction of property.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/index.html

Conservative author Ann Coulture claimed she was denied her scheduled talk at Berkeley...

.....but this (very informative) video from the school, says otherwise, and furthers the conversation....

Last edited:
From CNN: Twitter bans Alex Jones and InfoWars

Jones was suspended from Twitter for one week last month after he posted a video in which he said, "Now is time to act on the enemy before they do a false flag." But Twitter did not ban him from its platform then, even after YouTube, Apple and Facebook each kicked him off.

In a series of tweets from its @TwitterSafety account, Twitter said, "Today, we permanently suspended @realalexjones and @infowars from Twitter and Periscope. We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' previous violations."

Twitter also said that it "will take action" if in the future it discovers other accounts being used to get around the ban of Jones and InfoWars.

Simultaneously banning Jones is going to be fodder for CTers for years to come
Here's the deal. He's just off YouTube and Twitter. He still has his website. His followers don't seem to want to make the effort to go there.

Simultaneously banning Jones is going to be fodder for CTers for years to come
But they didn't simultaneously ban him. Twitter stood up for his right to post. Jones knew he needed to be careful of Twitter's abusive behavior guidelines from here on out. Jones chose to ignore them.

Many of the examples of Jones' 'badness' that I read on liberal media, I don't agree that they are bad. But .. the stuff recently he posted there is no defending (they've been saved to archive.is). They are direct threats/incitements, specifically physical threats/incitements.

And the same day he gets all physical and threatening with Rubio on camera? c'mon. If i was Rubio and had some giant, angry man all tweaky and yelling at me, i would have had the Secret Service tackle him. Jones needs to either stop taking those speed supplements he must be on or he is purposefully pushing the envelope to get himself banned.

I am against censorship.
But being against censorship does not make me against Alex Jones losing his platforms.

Jones is well-known and widely reported in media for both his opposition to vaccines,[96] and his views on vaccine controversies.[97]
Anyone that believes strongly in good bacteria must consider Alex Jones possessed by a dangerous virus and bad bacteria trying to convince us to weaken our immunity.

Alex Jones was also involved in something extremely controversial.
We all hate child-abuse.
It is a moral argument to question what classification do we award to an adult that openly calls Children that got killed liars or actors right after trying to convince their parents to skip the school vaccinations?
A big bustling grown man giving a platform to allsorts of conspiracy theories regarding young children that includes photos of them being sent out around the internet viral, and scouring every aspect of school playgrounds for evidence the children are part of a devious hoax were the only victim usually turns out to be the shooter that of course is a mind controlled Patsy.

YouTube removed four of InfoWars' videos citing "long-standing policies against child endangerment and hate speech",[151][152]
Is he a child abuser? I dont know. No, he is not, because if he was the Police would have arrested him.
But he poses the moral dilemma.

Whether he realised it or not, he was definitely playing a roll in bullying Children.

On July 27, 2018, Facebooksuspended Jones's profile for 30 days, and also removed the same videos, saying they violated Facebook's standards against hate speech and bullying.[153][150] On August 3, 2018, Stitcher Radio removed all of his podcasts stating that he was involved in harassment or encouraged it.[154]
He maybe genuinely believes that he is not bullying children, but the effects of what ever it is he is actually doing are the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

He had to go, and if he carries on his war against the immune system and give a platform to attacking and mocking dead children and traumatised survivors, then his tv station needs to be tackled aswell, (in my terrible opinion)

Last edited:
From the NYTimes: Streaming Service Roku Offers Alex Jones a Platform, Then Quickly Retreats

By Elizabeth Williamson

• Jan. 15, 2019

WASHINGTON — After an uproar, Alex Jones’s mass media revival proved short-lived.Last year, Mr. Jones, the Infowars conspiracy theorist, was erased from virtually every major social media platform for violating standards against hate speech, among others. This week, it came to light that Mr. Jones had a new, free channel on the streaming service Roku, which brings online video content to users’ televisions, granting Mr. Jones access to Roku’s 27 million users.

No more.

News that Infowars was available on Roku ignited a social media fury, coming months after Apple, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and others banned Infowars content.

“After the Infowars channel became available, we heard from concerned parties and have determined that the channel should be removed from our platform,” the company said in a statement on Tuesday evening. “Deletion from the channel store and platform has begun and will be completed shortly.”

Among those expressing shock that Roku had added Infowars to its lineup were lawyers for the families of victims of the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., who have been threatened and harassed by people who believe the bogus theory spread by Mr. Jones that the massacre was a hoax.

Back