Zimmerman Trial Conspiracies.....

AluminumTheory

Senior Member.
I really don't think that the trial is looking good for Zimmerman. I suspected that as soon as his defense decided to go with self defense rather than the 'stand your ground'.

But given minor anomalies like the all female jury and many others that I'm sure will be discovered combined with what is already a highly politicized issue. It would seem inevitable that conspiracy theories will come out of the woodwork.. All from the usual suspects of course.

I really don't think that the trial is looking good for Zimmerman. I suspected that as soon as his defense decided to go with self defense rather than the 'stand your ground'.

But given minor anomalies like the all female jury and many others that I'm sure will be discovered combined with what is already a highly politicized issue. It would seem inevitable that conspiracy theories will come out of the woodwork.. All from the usual suspects of course.
After today's testimony from Trayvon's Girlfriend George will most likely walk out a free man . Trayvon said to her some "crazyass cracker" was following him ? Sounds like Trayvon was a little racist ? The only usual suspects will be Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson . OJ victims never got Justice did they ? Just so there would be No riots in LA

After today's testimony from Trayvon's Girlfriend George will most likely walk out a free man . Trayvon said to her some crazyass cracker was following him ? Sounds like Trayvon was a little racist ? The only usual suspects will be Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson . OJ victims never got Justice did they ? Just so there would be No riots in LA

If she's the prosecution's lead witness, they might be in trouble. Especially so in light of this little tidbit of information:

A teenage friend of Trayvon Martin was forced to admit today in the George Zimmerman murder trial that she did not write a letter that was sent to Martin's mother describing what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Martin moments before he was shot.

In a painfully embarassing moment, Rachel Jeantel was asked to read the letter out loud in court.

"Are you able to read that at all?" defense attorney Don West asked.

Jeantel, head bowed, eyes averted whispered into the court microphone, "Some but not all. I don't read cursive."

It sent a hush through the packed courtroom.
Content from External Source
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...wrote-shooting/story?id=19504826#.UcxQIKyTXMg

I think that conspiracy theories could go two ways:

A) Zimmerman was framed to incite race riots to allow the authorities to crack down and take our guns
B) Martin was framed to to incite race riots to allow the authorities to crack down and take our guns

And really both of those could be framed in the opposite (preventing race riots), so there's always a potential for conspiracy.

Or it's all a big conspiracy to make people avoid watching the IRS hearings, one of the three live streams on ABC

Last edited:
Or it's all a big conspiracy to make people avoid watching the IRS hearings, one of the three live streams on ABC
Well that could be a conspiracy Id buy into or Paula Dean who until a few days ago never heard of her at all . A diversion as Obama searches for his Birth certificate In Kenya ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it's not like people were actually going to watch the IRS hearings anyway. Besides, so far they have entirely exonerated the White House of any involvement.

Of course it's not like people were actually going to watch the IRS hearings anyway. Besides, so far they have entirely exonerated the White House of any involvement.
S
So far they keep, pleading the fifth .

They refer to the Rodney King scandal etc but I can't see the similarity myself.

Rodney King debacle involved video evidence.

and a highly questionable jury.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/lapdaccount.html

Both sides understood that jury selection could be critical to the trial outcome. The prosecution would have loved to seat some blacks--who tend to be skeptical of police practices--, but the jury pool of 260 people included only a half dozen African Americans--and five of those had no interest in serving on a jury in what they considered hostile territory. Michael Stone, attorney for Officer Powell, used a peremptory challenge to strike the one black to make it to the jury box. Even more troubling for the prosecution, all the potential jurors seemed to be very pro-law enforcement. Two jurors were N.R.A. members. Two other jurors were retired military veterans. Terry White, chief prosecutor in the case and an African-American, complained that "everyone seemed very pro-police; they all seemed to come from the same background." White later recalled thinking "we were going to lose this case." Jo-Ann Dimitrius, jury consultant for the defense, was understandably delighted with the final twelve. She called it "a gem of a jury."
The media underappreciated the importance of the composition of the jury. Perhaps placing too much confidence in the ability of the videotape to secure a conviction, the media failed to adequately prepare the public for the verdict that would come weeks later.

This seems much less of a cut and dried scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm gonna have to take back what I said about things not looking good for Zimmerman.

I've gotten myself caught up on the details. I stopped following the Trayvon Martin shooting once I found out that NBC (i think it was them) doctored an audio recording of Zimmerman. It was then that I decided to wait until or after the trial.

My only question is that how the fight started to which I'm still not clear on. IMO, if Zimmerman provoked it, than he shouldn't able to claim self defense.

Remember this is all only an issue because they originally let Zimmerman go, and were not going to charge him, due to the "stand your ground" law. If the police had just arrested and immediately charged him, then this would just be another ordinary local murder case.

I think that conspiracy theories could go two ways:

A) Zimmerman was framed to incite race riots to allow the authorities to crack down and take our guns
B) Martin was framed to to incite race riots to allow the authorities to crack down and take our guns

And really both of those could be framed in the opposite (preventing race riots), so there's always a potential for conspiracy.

I don't know if it could be framed to avoid riots, but any attempt at such doesn't seem to be an option as it is playing out if googling "tayvon martin riots" is any indication.

Back