Wyoming Mystery Orbs

jarlrmai

Senior Member.
This post was made to Reddit


Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1wscky3/wyoming_mystery_orbs_are_back_over_cody_and_ufo/


External Quote:
A Cody man watched nearly two dozen glowing orbs rise over Cedar Mountain west of town every night last winter. Then they vanished for months. Now they're back, and Wyoming's Mutual UFO Network director says he has no explanation for the video.


Every night from November to February, Jezriah Krubeck could watch from his porch as nearly two dozen mysterious lights rose from Cedar Mountain west of Cody.


"Just like orbs floating up over the mountain," Krubeck said. "They would float up and move toward each other. There were quite a few that basically followed the ridge line from left to right."


Then they stopped, and he thought the mysterious phenomenon might have moved on. This week, he said, they're back.


"They would interact with each other," Krubeck said. "I don't think it was a naturally occurring phenomenon in the way that they moved. Because not only would they change directions, they would stop. I had a little laser that I'd shine on them, and they would stop."
The orbs, he said, also never matched any satellite tracker and they didn't have the flashing lights required on aircraft.
It references this story

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2026/0...ver-cody-and-ufo-authority-cant-explain-them/

The relevant media see to be this image (and a video covered later), originally downloaded from the news website is has a file name "UFO-Krubeck-9.25.26.avif" I converted to JPEG for forum use, original download attached as a zip.

UFO-Krubeck-9.25.26.jpg


The lights here seem to be mostly stars, easily solved by Sitrec's solver

1790691327088.png


Given a terrain match and some internet sleuthing I think this puts the viewpoint looking east from west Cody and if the day is correct from the news image as the 25/09/2026 or near by then the time seems to be around 2:45AM local

So on to the video, this is available from Youtube, I have downloaded and attached it


Source: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uQ0xiqiKU4?source_ve_path=NzY3NTg&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fcowboystatedaily.com%2F




I also stabilised it on the red beacon light and added them all to this Sitrec, which is set to where I think the video and photo are taken from.

https://www.metabunk.org/sitrec/?custom=11433/Wyoming Orbs/20260929_142635_954b81f4d25a78d84f159bc100d83af6.js

Because the same double red beacon pole seems to be in both the video and the still image and we have a star confirmed direction for the video, there does seem to be 3 stars visible at points in the video (non moving lights) but it's not enough for the plate solver, maybe an experienced astronomer might be able to id them

It would help if we could identify the red beacon on the map to then align the video FOV with the real world I cannot see to find it and streetview from here is older.

Though this does look like Starlink and the flare zone is visible from this locationa at this time, it does seen to be in a different direction to the angle of the video

Obviously there's a lot of missing information here and if we had it it might be easily solvable, but enough to make a puzzle some members might enjoy working on.
 

Attachments

Though this does look like Starlink and the flare zone is visible from this locationa at this time, it does seen to be in a different direction to the angle of the video

Obviously there's a lot of missing information here and if we had it it might be easily solvable, but enough to make a puzzle some members might enjoy working on.

There's no confirmed date on the photo or video, but in the article it says:

Every night from November to February, Jezriah Krubeck could watch from his porch as nearly two dozen mysterious lights rose from Cedar Mountain west of Cody.

For dates around November the stars and the flare zone line up looking west, so its conceivable this could be a video from last year.
1790695449047.png



Matching the ridgeline in the phot with the ridgeline of Cedar Mountain seems to match for a view west:

Streetview link
 
Sorry I meant west when I said east in my OP, doh

Recent articles say he's seeing them again, which us implying they are recent, of course that could just be some 'errors', but this thread can help determine it maybe..

Finding the red beacon pole would help with determining the FOV
 
Last edited:
1790698037483.png

I found this (but Flarkey found it faster as usual). It doesn't look like there is much more around that could match but the pictures are from 2024.
 
yeah perhaps this means the viewing position I found is not quite correct.. The hills behind don't quite match and the angle between buildings and tower is not right, unless there are newer buildings on some of the new lots
 
If you move the camera up the road a bit the hills and the tower start to match, but the buildings are still a little out

But the foreground starts to match the river valley patterning better

And the stars match for the time at 2:40 25/9/26

So the truth is probably somewhere in that area

1790701118595.png
 

Trending content

Back
Top