Vinegar and chemtrails

That's quite a good article around the clip on Skepchick. I'm glad they are somewhat keeping with the "don't be a dick" philosophy, and actually taking the time to explain what's going on, rather than simply mocking them.

Uhm - did it occur to anybody that vinegar (acid), sprayed excessively, will have an impact to the soil, freeing metals like, say, Aluminum ?

So, if the same persons applying the "cure" decide to test the soil of their properties, what will they get ?

Just thinking ...

So sad, This fellow has set up a 'shrine' with all sorts of chemicals to fight chemtrails.
Michael J. Murphy, Clifford Carnicom, Alex Jones, all of you and you know who you are, this is what you have accomplished:

The guy is seriously, and sadly, deluded. I suspect he may have been at the Suffolk County Courthouse.

When you really break this down to its nuts and bolts, we're witnessing a human being having some kind of psychotic break over clouds. I'm not trying to be funny, this video is disturbing.

I thought about the money he was wasting - and all that time - on buying/mixing these chemicals, and filming the process. Then I realised his aim is to saturate his immediate atmosphere with the vapours of cleaning products, all the while innevitably breathing it all in. Perhaps his psychosis is a self-reinforcing...

Some of the chemicals he has, if improperly combined, can be quite toxic or flammable.
I wonder what he might do with a railroad car full?
"Fight their chemicals with 'our' chemicals."

If you listen carefully, his breathing appears to be very laboured. With all those chemicals about, I am not surprised,

Here is a FB group dedicated to ridding us of the nasty trails using........... VINEGAR!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/451...s/451674871524866/?notif_t=group_r2j_approved

You will have to join the group to see some of the posts.

"We have more and more active People , who`s eliminating this negative (chemtrails) and getting good results..we`re clea...ring the SKY! and we need more people to join! Simplest way to eliminate chemtrails is to vaporize 1 Litre VINEGAR + 4 Litres Water... simple, just boil it...! Or you can just spill Vinegar on the asphalt .. Ask your friends to join! And you`ll see the results. We here to tell you more.... IT IS TIME TO do something WITH THIS, PEOPLE!!!! Don`t let them poison us! Get Clear sky ;) Power to the People! with love ;)
"

Here is a FB group dedicated to ridding us of the nasty trails using........... VINEGAR!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/451674871524866/#!/groups/451674871524866/?notif_t=group_r2j_approved

You will have to join the group to see some of the posts.

"We have more and more active People , who`s eliminating this negative (chemtrails) and getting good results..we`re clea...ring the SKY! and we need more people to join! Simplest way to eliminate chemtrails is to vaporize 1 Litre VINEGAR + 4 Litres Water... simple, just boil it...! Or you can just spill Vinegar on the asphalt .. Ask your friends to join! And you`ll see the results. We here to tell you more.... IT IS TIME TO do something WITH THIS, PEOPLE!!!! Don`t let them poison us! Get Clear sky ;) Power to the People! with love ;)
"

I just asked to join. I have to read some of this. Tomorrow i'm buying vinegar stock.

My favourite bit is telling the groups members to spray vinegar on the leaves of their plants... really good idea, sound science.
...What's that? What's a 'downside'?

Wow, just saw this my brain hurts so much right now. The fact that they are fellow Ron Paul supporters doesn't make it better, these people just discredits the liberty movement. JESUS CHRIST, VINEGAR? Don't they get that it won't freaking reach any altitude higher than their own length? Wow, I'm honestly speechless

That's quite a good article around the clip on Skepchick. I'm glad they are somewhat keeping with the "don't be a dick" philosophy, and actually taking the time to explain what's going on, rather than simply mocking them.
Hi Mick!

I am sure you will enjoy this article and the video. As Einstein said, "there are only 2 infinite things: the space and the human stupidity, and I am not sure of the first".

http://skepchick.org/2012/01/killing-chemtrails-with-vinegar/
The chemical reaction between H20 and C02 that occurs from hot jet exhaust hitting cold air is unnatural by definition. At that point water vapor is considered partially chemical. It is in a gaseous state. That's why it is called 'vapor'. All jets emit carbon black,sulfur & metal just like your car.Whether visible or not, this is happening & polluting the sky. Because contrails are made of those 3 pollutants and chemically altered H20, they are “chemical trails” too. People need to start concentrating on how nasty, polluting & weather altering condensation trails are in and of themselves. Then after everyone is pissed about that, they will naturally elevate to the classic definition of chemtrails. Jets from the airport are inadvertantly creating fake cloud cover. But: fuel is purposely enriched to make exhaust dirtier by governmental agencies. To purposely create contrails and zig zag them across the sky. The idea is: hook contrails onto already existing clouds (and to each other) to make the sky covered in a white fake filth as quickly as they can. A chain reaction of growth.

Here are directions from a meteorologist on getting rid of: purposeful persistent contrails,inadvertantly created 'Cirrus Aviaticus' from commercial contrails, geoengineering, cloud seeding and chemtrails. But first an easy to understand scientific explanation that a 3rd grader could grasp:

1. Cloud seeding companies use generators on the ground that emit silver iodide, acetone and carbon. Even though they are on the ground the chemicals/ metals manage to get 25,000 ft up in a matter of 45 mins. Their purpose is to act as Cloud Condensation Nuclei to 'seed the clouds'.

2. 57% of air pollution comes from cars. Cars are on the ground, yet their pollution manages to get “all the way up there.”

3. Natural clouds: water evaporates from the surface of the earth and gets “all the way up there” too.
The point is...all of these things that were originally on the earth manage to make it into the sky.

If you heat up a substance in water it rises quickly. It won't take long for it to “get all the way up there” either. Get 2 crockpots and fill them with water and vinegar. The more vinegar, the better, but you don't need to overdo it. 1 cup per 1-2 gallons water is a good ratio.Use one crockpot on a constant basis through the night, one in the day. You may also want to get a camping stove and boil a pot of vinegar water occasionally. Do not leave stove unattended though(obviously). The water could boil all the way out before you know it! Anything fake that contains alkaline substances or “salts” will be annihilated by the acetic acid in vinegar. One molecule of acetic acid can disassemble a billion molecules of alkalized moisture. Mother nature always wins out in the end!

The reason people spread coffee grounds in their soil is to raise the acidity. It is a proven fact that heavy metal pollution falls from the sky and ruins the correct ph of dirt. Trees and healthy micro organisms in soil are dying because of this. It is bad for wildlife too. Acetic acid from vegetables is what vinegar is. You consume vinegar into your body! People use it for ailments and for regular culinary purposes. It also attracts bees. The small amount of vinegar you are putting into the sky is rebalancing the chi of the atmosphere. And it is getting rid of those nasty chemtrails,contrails and fake cloud cover that is attacking your soul and ruining Mother Earth's natural weather patterns. The exhaust that comes out of jets is air pollution just like your car. It must be annihilated. Even if temp/humidity conditions are not creating trails you can see. That would be like saying 'well I can't see radiation so it's not happening and doesn't affect me'. Wake up to reality. This vinegar treatment also helps industrial pollution and exhaust from your car to not stagnate and create inversions during winter. It breaks the nastiness up! And no, it has already been tested....you are not stopping natural clouds from forming to any degree that would be considered contraindicative. Even if you were having a slight effect, I guess these weather controllers will have to make a deal then won't they? THEY stop modifying the weather in the first place, then we won't have to un-modify it. They started this, not us. We shouldn't have to waste our time with all this but we must. I will now e-mail the lady that is doing it all wrong by just spraying a little bit of vinegar from a bottle. In no time at all she will be an expert. Getting rid of contrails and chemtrails using the same exact method as cloud seeding companies use to get their nasty product to high elevations with ground generators.

People need to start concentrating on how nasty, polluting & weather altering condensation trails are in and of themselves.
Can you support this assertion?
But: fuel is purposely enriched to make exhaust dirtier by governmental agencies. To purposely create contrails and zig zag them across the sky. The idea is: hook contrails onto already existing clouds (and to each other) to make the sky covered in a white fake filth as quickly as they can. A chain reaction of growth.
Can you support this assertion?

There is no chemical reaction between H2O and CO2, and water is never "partly chemical" - it is always entirely chemical.

"chemically altered H2O" is a meaningless description - it is H2O or it is not ....and when it is H2O that is all it is!

But these points aside - everything is chemical, and yes pollution is a problem - what is your point??

The chemical reaction between H20 and C02 that occurs from hot jet exhaust hitting cold air is unnatural by definition. At that point water vapor is considered partially chemical. It is in a gaseous state. That's why it is called 'vapor'. All jets emit carbon black,sulfur & metal just like your car.Whether visible or not, this is happening & polluting the sky. Because contrails are made of those 3 pollutants and chemically altered H20, they are “chemical trails” too....But: fuel is purposely enriched to make exhaust dirtier by governmental agencies. To purposely create contrails and zig zag them across the sky......
............ Anything fake that contains alkaline substances or “salts” will be annihilated by the acetic acid in vinegar. One molecule of acetic acid can disassemble a billion molecules of alkalized moisture. Mother nature always wins out in the end!............

The reason people spread coffee grounds in their soil is to raise the acidity.
This whole post is full of some very dubious assertions and equally dubious chemistry.

As has already been mentioned, Water is ALWAYS chemical.
EVERYTHING natural is ALSO chemical, so talking about the difference between mother nature ans chemicals is pointless. natural refined and purified salt is NaCl. Pure salt manufactured in a lab is ALSO NaCl. They are the exact same thing.
I am not sure why you think acids are more natural than bases, and many soils end up too acidic, including the souils of those people spraying vinegar around their gardens thinking it will counteract the trails 5 miles in the sky.

It is possible for some of this boiled vinegar to rise up in the sky but it certainly won;t be THAT quick. It will also take the pollutants from a plane's exhaust a good couple of days to reach the ground, by which time they can be blown all over the place.

The standard chemical reaction is Acid + Base =Salt +Water
for example, Acetic acid (CH3COOH) will react with Potassium Hydroxide (KOH)
CH3COOH + KOH = CH3COOK +H2O

So one molecule of acetic acid will react with and neutralize precisely 1 molecule of Potassium Hydroxide or any other base (alkali) that you care to name.
Do you have any kind of experimental results that prove 1 molecule of acetic acid can disassemble 1 billion molecules of alkalized moisture? (what exactly do you mean by alkalized moisture anyway?)

Do you have any proof that government agencies are enriching the aviation fuel on purpose? Fuel is made by fuel companies and they, and the engine manufacturers always try and make their products more efficient so they will burn cleaner. this represents better value for money for the consumer (the airline) who want to keep their costs down as much as possible.

Aircraft DO burn hydrocarbons and this DOES create pollution. This IS always being looked at and monitored to try to reduce environmental impact. The fact that there are a lot of planes making a lot of contrails that spread out has been looked as a possible contributor to global warming. It doesn't appear to be a major problem compared with say, coal powered power stations.

Last edited:
It is a proven fact that heavy metal pollution falls from the sky and ruins the correct ph of dirt. Trees and healthy micro organisms in soil are dying because of this.

This is not a "proven fact" in the slightest. (Excepting for various ground based sources of contaminates and pollution...i.e., factories, coal-burning power plants, etc).

In another thread it was pointed out that this year's tomato crop in the State of California is one of the best harvests on record!! Despite an on-going state-wide drought! Drought-defying tomato harvest breaks California record.

The exhaust that comes out of jets is air pollution just like your car. It must be annihilated.

Why? There are billions and billions of hydrocarbon-burning ground based vehicles (compared to jet airliners, which number in the mere
10s of thousands). Attempted to find more precise estimates, this dates back to circa 2007: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/3201820/

One molecule of acetic acid can disassemble a billion molecules of alkalized moisture.

Source for such a claim?

If you heat up a substance in water it rises quickly. It won't take long for it to “get all the way up there” either. Get 2 crockpots and fill them with water and vinegar. The more vinegar, the better, but you don't need to overdo it. 1 cup per 1-2 gallons water is a good ratio.Use one crockpot on a constant basis through the night, one in the day.

Did you just seriously suggest that using a crockpot of vinegar, here on the ground, would somehow "...get it all the way up there..."? To altitudes of 25,000 to 40,000 feet? (5 to about 8 miles?)

This post is now appearing to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, perhaps? Because, it's unlikely anyone would actually think this absurd claim is accurate.

This post is now appearing to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, perhaps? Because, it's unlikely anyone would actually think this absurd claim is accurate.

Hard to say. I considered deleting it as trolling, however it seems plausible that people have deeply seated beliefs that are incorrect. The test, I think, is how they respond to queries about their claims. Specifically requests for evidence.

My favourite bit is telling the groups members to spray vinegar on the leaves of their plants... really good idea, sound science.

I dunno the science bit but it does have a few advantages
http://www.orchidcarelady.com/category/orchid-care/fertilizer/
http://www.orchidcarelady.com/25-clever-uses-for-vinegar-in-the-garden/
http://www.orchidcarelady.com/category/orchid-care/fertilizer/

1. Kill weeds and grass growing in unwanted places by pouring full-strength white distilled vinegar on them. This works especially well in crevices and cracks of walkways and driveways.

2. Give acid-loving plants like azaleas, rhododendrons, hydrangeas and gardenias a little help by watering them with a white distilled vinegar solution now and again. A cup of white distilled vinegar to a gallon of tap water is a good mixture.

3. Stop ants from congregating by pouring white distilled vinegar on the area.

4. Discourage cats from getting into the kids’ sandbox with white distilled vinegar.

5. Preserve cut flowers and liven droopy ones by adding 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar to a quart of water in a vase.

6. Get rid of the water line in a flower vase by filling it with a solution of half water and half white distilled vinegar, or by soaking a paper towel in white distilled vinegar and stuffing it into the vase so that it is in contact with the water line.

7. Clean out stains and white mineral crusts in clay, glazed and plastic pots by soaking them for an hour or longer in a sink filled with a solution of half water and half white distilled vinegar.

8. Remove crusty rim deposits on house planters or attached saucers by soaking them for several hours in an inch of full-strength white distilled vinegar.

9. Clean a birdbath by scrubbing it often with undiluted white distilled vinegar. Rinse well.

10. Get rid of rust on spigots, tools, screws or bolts by soaking the items overnight or for several days in undiluted white distilled vinegar.

11. Neutralize garden lime by adding white distilled vinegar to the area.

12. Avoid skin problems after working in the garden by rinsing your hands in white distilled vinegar.

13. Increase the acidity of soil by adding white distilled vinegar to your watering can.

14. Eliminate anthills by pouring in white distilled vinegar.

15. Cure a cement pond before adding fish and plants by adding one gallon of white distilled vinegar to every 200 gallons of water. Let sit three days. Empty and rinse thoroughly.

16. Sanitize outdoor furniture and picnic tables with a cloth soaked in white distilled vinegar.

17. Kill slugs by spraying them with a mixture of 1 part water and 1 part white distilled vinegar.

18. To catch moths use a mixture of 2 parts white distilled vinegar and 1 part molasses. Place mixture in tin can and hang in a tree.

19. Keep rabbits from eating your plants. Put cotton balls soaked in white distilled vinegar in a 35mm film container. Poke a hole in the top and place in the garden.

20. Remove berry stains on your hands by rubbing them with white distilled vinegar.

21. Clean plastic patio furniture with a solution of 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar to 1 gallon of water.

22. Wash fresh vegetables with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar in 1 ½ quarts of water.

23. When cleaning an outdoor fountain, soak the pump in white distilled vinegar to remove any mineral deposits.

24. Clean a hummingbird feeder with white distilled vinegar—soap or detergent can leave behind harmful residue.

25. Remove mold from terra cotta pots by soaking in a solution of 1 cup white distilled vinegar, 1 cup chlorine bleach, and 1 gallon of warm water before scrubbing with a steel wool pad.
Content from External Source
Found a fair few gardening sites that give similar tips....

...but none that claim it gets rid of heavy metals or protects your plants from 'chemtrails'

(Also I use White Vinegar to clean my windows, its a lot better than most commercial window cleaners and leaves far fewer streaks with less elbow grease.)

A slight "foray" into "off-topic" territory perhaps, but many of us have learnt the various "uses" of a non-toxic such as simple white vinegar, for a huge variety of household (on the "ground"!) uses. "Old wive's tales" as they are sometimes called. One that seems absent from the above list is as a regular household kitchen drain maintenance (also using common baking soda). Flushed with lots of hot running water.

Still, as "useful" (because of its addition of acidity, in some applications)....it certainly does not "rise to the occasion" (see what I did here?) in "fighting" something as non-existent as a "chem"trail.

is calcium a metal?

Yes it is, actually. Seems counter-intuitive at first, but when viewed on a Periodic Table of the Elements, it is in the same category with other metals:

Calcium ('Ca') is number 20. (And yes, it is a "metal" to those who are scientific-minded....but just, I suppose, as a way to "classify" it as it appears so near to other more "traditional" metals). In fact, upon further reflection above....the category of "metal" is extremely broad in scope.

I am by no means a "chemist"...this (besides physics?) is possibly one of the most difficult sciences to learn. (AND, quite a few physician friends of mine have indicated that perhaps the hardest part of their Med School experience, were "Organic Chemistry" courses).

Last edited:
is calcium a metal? you can soak shower heads in vinegar to open the holes back up. takes forever and a day though with vinegar.

Indeed it is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium
I stand corrected on that one, but couldn't find any mention of vinegar and soil conditioning as claimed in some in above posts other than as a general method of ph adjustment for alkaline soils or as a boost for plants which prefer a lower ph, as mentioned in tip 2 in my last post.

This also has a potential for veering off the topic....but let me (please) attempt to be clear. In past decades much has been written about so-called "acid rain". This phenomenom has been broadly studied, and attributed primarily to ground-based sources of air pollution. As these effluents are included into the lower atmosphere, taken up along with the "Water-Cycle" of Earth's atmosphere, and then deposited via rainfall, usually many miles away from the original contamination (surface level) source.

Short "Intermission" to add to the above link. Here are three more, independent, descriptions of the aforementioned "Water Cycle":
http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/Water/water_cycle.html

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycle.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle

The concern about "acid rain" is factored IN to the above aspects, and facts, of how Earth's atmosphere interacts with the surface water, in the "cycle".

(There is simply NO possible way that normal passenger commercial aviation airliners could in ANY way be as effective at "polluting" our atmosphere as all of these other ground-based sources that exist as part of other Human technologies and activities. On the ground!}

Last edited:
is calcium a metal? you can soak shower heads in vinegar to open the holes back up. takes forever and a day though with vinegar.

It is a metal, but that has nothing to do with vinegar getting rid of limescale.

Limescale is not calcium metal, it is calcium carbonate (which is the same thing, chemically, as chalk and limestone).

Vinegar, being an acid, will react with limescale, which is a base (alkali), in the same way that acid rain will erode limestone buildings. It is a slow process, though, because vinegar is not a very strong acid.

The reaction is:

CaCO₃ + 2 CH₃COOH → Ca(CH₃COO)₂ + H₂O + CO₂

In words:

Calcium carbonate + 2 molecules of acetic acid (vinegar) ----> calcium acetate + water + carbon dioxide.

Calcium acetate is water-soluble, unlike calcium carbonate, hence it washes away. Notice also how carbon dioxide gas (CO₂) is given off in the reaction, which it why it "fizzes".

An aside: why does it take TWO molecules of acetic acid (vinegar) to react with each calcium carbonate? Because the acetate ion has only ONE negative charge, whereas the carbonate ion has TWO negative charges. The calcium ion has TWO positive charges, and it needs TWO negative charges to balance out. So it can combine with ONE carbonate ion, or TWO acetate ions:

Note how the number of minuses and number of pluses always balances:

Ca2+​(CH₃COO−​)₂ ----> Ca2+​(CO₃)2−​

Last edited:
a BP Chemicals plant at Saltend which is the largest producer of acetic acid in Europe and one could safely assume that the sky should be bereft of chemtrails but it isn't.

Oh, this is precious!! Thanks!!

ETA): Perhaps although they make acetic acid....none has thought (yet) to place it into giant "crockpots"? In order to (ahem) "disperse" the clouds and contrails in the sky?

The vinegar thing is essentially no different from the orgonite thing, or any other form of "cloudbusting". Clouds go away by themselves - so it's very easy for people to convince themselves that they made the clouds go. Armed with this "evidence", they can then concoct a scientific sounding explanation.

The challenge here is how you explain to people that they need to demonstrate the effect using some kind of scientific study. This need not be complicated. Twenty trials, 10 with vinegar/orgonite, and 10 without (in a random order) - with a neutral set of observers (ideally mechanized - like something that measures the amount of blue in a photo of the sky). Then see if there's a significant difference.

Yes it is, actually. Seems counter-intuitive at first, but when viewed on a Periodic Table of the Elements, it is in the same category with other metals:

Calcium ('Ca') is number 20. (And yes, it is a "metal" to those who are scientific-minded....but just, I suppose, as a way to "classify" it as it appears so near to other more "traditional" metals). In fact, upon further reflection above....the category of "metal" is extremely broad in scope.

I am by no means a "chemist"...this (besides physics?) is possibly one of the most difficult sciences to learn. (AND, quite a few physician friends of mine have indicated that perhaps the hardest part of their Med School experience, were "Organic Chemistry" courses).

Not just for classification purposes. Calcium metal is a thing. Metal cations is what makes the compounds found in limescale.

calcium-lumps-250x250.jpg

/chemist

Back