Unusually shaped trail over East Anglia

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
Split from the OP in https://www.metabunk.org/threads/co...-planes-at-lower-than-typical-altitudes.6082/. I hope that the discussion will assist the identification of this sepatate interesting trail.

Murphy's Law in Action. I usually have my camera with me when I cycle to work and back, but yesterday, 20 April 2015, I left it at home. Surely, it happened to be the day when I saw the most unusually shaped trail that initially looked like a mirror image of "figure 5". I took a few pictures with my iPhone, but it is not the same. Here are some pictures, showing the trails evolution.
18:12 BST
FP1.jpg
18:14
FP2.jpg
18:17 BST
FP3.jpg
18:26 BST
FP4.jpg
18:35 BST
FP5.jpg
The trail (or, probably a combination of short connected trails) was to the north of Cambridge, probably as far as the Wash (a RAF playground). It would be interesting to see if there are photos from other locations.

By the time I got home to my camera, the trail was blown far away and looked almost linear (18:43 BST; just above the roof):
View attachment 12379

Updated on 21 April 2015:
I have not found photos of this trail from other locations (yet). The direction and estimated distance to it from the first photo's location suggest that the trail was above the RAF Marham in Norfolk, some 35 miles NNE from my location. Interestingly, a planespotter took there yesterday a photo of a Tornado aircraft taking off at 17:47 BST, just about 25 minutes before I saw this trail for the first time. This timing suggests a possible origin of this trail.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
brucecam7 FEMA appendix C [unusually corroded steel] 9/11 43
Mick West Plane Shaped "Drone" Caught on Camera. Mead, NE - Cessna Caravan? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Snake Plisken Dark irregular shaped object drifting in the sky [Castle Mylar Party Balloon] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 52
Trailblazer Explained: "Human-shaped cloud above Zambian shopping centre" [Photoshop, kite] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
Marin B What is this shower curtain-shaped cloud called? [Cirrus Fibratus] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Explained: Large Cigar Shaped Object Caught Shooting Into Storm Cloud In Spain [Reflection] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 12
Mick West S-Shaped Contrail off the Oregon Coast Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Debunked: C-130 dropping 'raindrop shaped fibers', lab tests for metals [Spider Silk, Dirt] Contrails and Chemtrails 105
Trailspotter Investigated: W-shaped contrail near Central California Coast Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 51
Mick West Solved: U-Shaped Contrail near San Francisco [NASA502 Survey, again] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Explained: Flying Carpet Rhombus-shaped Cloud in Exeter Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 23
Mick West Three U-Shaped Contrails in Serbia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West Solar Tube Shaped UFO over Korosten, Ukraine [CGI by Kaschuba brothers] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 28
A Request: Show a spot of specular reflection transforming into a trail of specular reflection Flat Earth 4
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Deer Eyes Reflected in Trail Camera UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
Marine0811 Bent Trail seen over Greenville, SC [AA 1630] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailspotter Where did the third trail go? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
steve holmes Please ID this trail Contrails and Chemtrails 6
386 Small Green Anomaly with Blue Trail (Night Sky Photography) [Lens Flare/Reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Mick West Unusual Trail on the Russian Su-24 shot down By Turkey Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Marin B A Single Thick Solitary Trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West Unusual Segment of Trail on KLAS-TV, Alamo, Las Vegas Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
JFDee Debunked: Sea Creature in New Zealand (Boat Trail on Google Maps) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
C Trail that forms curving shapes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
Marine0811 90 Degree plane trail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 77
Marine0811 Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Two planes at the "Same" Altitude, only one leaves a trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Fix-it-man Nearly Vertical Trail over Garden Grove Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
TWCobra ILuyshin-96 oil leak photo (trail from single engine) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marsiil KSDK - Chem-Trail Testing Contrails and Chemtrails 2
JFDee Meteorite trail near Chelyabinsk, Russia Contrails and Chemtrails 48
MikeC Meteor trail Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles