UFO Sambeek, Noord-Brabant • 10 december 2021

Daves!

On the Dutch ufo sightings website someone claimes to have seen a ufo and made a video about it. My very first thought and intuition said : hoax.
A tv remote light mirrored in the window.

Now i need to debunk his claims so i could need some help with it.
Video watch the last couple of seconds :

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v57peKB_wC8&feature=emb_title

Attachments

• ufo-sambeek-10-december-2021-6929.jpg
    ufo-sambeek-10-december-2021-6929.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 309
  • ufo-sambeek-10-december-2021-6927.jpg
    ufo-sambeek-10-december-2021-6927.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 142
A hoax is an intentional fake. It doesn't look like that.

It's a light in the sky (and a reflection in a window); then the camera pans, and a light that may be a reflection follows the pan and disappears on the pan back.

Nothing in this video makes me think there's a UFO; why does the uploader think that?

A hoax is an intentional fake. It doesn't look like that.

It's a light in the sky (and a reflection in a window); then the camera pans, and a light that may be a reflection follows the pan and disappears on the pan back.

Nothing in this video makes me think there's a UFO; why does the uploader think that?
You are right i first thought the light what followed the pan was the same light what was filmed.
The uploader doesnt mention that it is an ufo nor a plane or a star. Just doesnt know what it was.
Red/green/ blue'ish colours which stood there for aprox. 20 minutes.

Yup! You can use Stellarium. At the time of observation (Dec 10, 23:20 from Sambeek), both Sirius and Vega were up, both of which could be an option. They were close to the horizon, which improves conditions for scintillation.

Wait. So you're an actual moderator over there, and you don't know how to look up stars, yet decide that it's a hoax straight away? Easy on the speculation there, mate.

Also, you're welcome.

Wait. So you're an actual moderator over there, and you don't know how to look up stars, yet decide that it's a hoax straight away? Easy on the speculation there, mate.

Also, you're welcome.
Yes but not the main moderator, im just helping them on some cases.
I m not so handy with Stellarium to be honest. Im just helping and sometimes i need help too.
And yes its very stupid to think straight away its an hoax, good lesson too for me with assumptions.
I appreciate your help! Im also learning a lot from here.

Learning is good :) We all are. Just be careful not to jump to jump to conclusions too easily. (Heck, I might be wrong about those stars.)

On the Dutch ufo sightings website someone claimes to have seen a ufo and made a video about it. My very first thought and intuition said : hoax.
A tv remote light mirrored in the window.

Now i need to debunk his claims so i could need some help with it.
Video watch the last couple of seconds :

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v57peKB_wC8&feature=emb_title

Important questions to ask

Exact date/time (convert to UTC)
Exact location and direction of view.
A daylight photo of the same view is always a good reference point.

Back