The members of Metabunk are a "Disinformation Group"

Clock

Senior Member.
I am not sure if this caught on here on the website, but I found this while google-ing Metabunk, in this post on the "Watchman's Cry Forum" here: http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22946

---

Boots

Hi there,

I was just browsing the website Metabunk and looking at what they have "debunked" apparently. And I was wondering if anyone here had an opinion about them.

It seems like they have debunked a lot of what I believe. LOL. Some of it they may be right about, some I still don't agree with.

I guess he started the site to combat chemtrail theories, he says that he proves they are just contrails that get big and hang out in the air.

He also seems to say that GMO foods are fine. I disagree no matter how much anyone "debunks" that.

Vaccines are not harmful. I disagree, no matter how much "proof" that "experts" give me.

Sandy Hook was real (some of the conspirators he debunks I agree with him, not every conspiracy was a lie about this--I did appreciate how he showed that the facebook pages set up before the tragedy could have just had their titles changed)--they did not however address the Gotham City map with Sandy Hook shown as a strike zone.

They discredit the illuminati symbolism as simply current fashion. I disagree.

They debunk Alex Jones--which I don't mind so much.

They debunk the Fake CNN coverage of the Gulf war. I was kinda sad, to be honest : ( I really liked believing that the media was lying to us. I know that is terrible to admit. But if I say I love truth then I need to consider this information right? I don't think they proved it was real at all, but they did help to me question it a little.

So anyways, I guess it is good to find the truth, and if there is a legitimate explanation, then great. I don't want to believe lies.

But is this a website set up by a group that wants to discredit any idea that exposes the plans of the powers that be?

Are they shills? Like "Quackwatch"
Thanks guys!

Travis says:

Just based on what you said, it would seem this site is a disinformation group. Seems like their sole purpose of existence is to tickle peoples ears who like to believe lies. Anyone who has been alive for 40+ years and doesn't see something odd about our current chem trails has a bad memory or is willfully ignorant. 30 years ago, a con trail of a plane flying low enough in the atmosphere for us to see it would never last for more than 30-60 seconds. Pure condensation (H20) does not leave long lasting trails. Only small particulate like aluminum oxides, silver iodides, or naturally occurring dust particles that attract h20 to themselves in the air leave long trails.

They make the lies so big, that they are hard to not believe. Something about the bigger the lie, the better.
I was kinda sad, to be honest : ( I really liked believing that the media was lying to us.
Content from External Source
You can read the rest here: http://www.watchmanscry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22946

boots
[Admin: Ex tags: see https://www.metabunk.org/threads/use-of-ex-tags-for-quoting-external-content.525/ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Metabunk forum is a watering hole for hardened deniers, educationally challenged, gullible and disinfo agents who spend too much time at attempting to debunk supportable evidence to suspect they're not on some payroll."
~Before Its News
http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails/...t-2430014.html

Notice the amount of replies from "Anonymous". I think the article got Mick West into a hissy-fit.

If I'd invented a particulate-free jet engine that emits pure H2O I think I'd be on a billion dollar yacht in Bermuda.

I love being accused of being a shill, I just wish it were a paid shill position.

I still stand by my earlier post: Metabunk is 'Open Source' debunking. Its sausages are made out in public where everyone can see what goes into them, so Mick's and the moderators' hidden biases or secret paymasters — were they actually to exist — are rendered irrelevant. Everyone is invited to try these experiments at home, kids, following step-by-step as a claim is proven or debunked.

Anyone who has been alive for 40+ years and doesn't see something odd about our current chem trails has a bad memory or is willfully ignorant.
A bad memory can go both ways. Looking at today's contrails and seeing something odd might very well have to do with "bad memory", not only because we tend to forget with age how things really were, but also because of inattentional blindness.

Metabunk is 'Open Source' debunking. Its sausages are made out in public where everyone can see what goes into them
I'll be honest- I just came here cos I read that as "open sauce" and "sausages" and wound up disappointed and hungry...:D

But you're right, the members here are free to disagree and debate (and often do, albeit politely) any obvious bias. It polices itself pretty much and keeps it fairly level.

"But is this a website set up by a group that wants to discredit any idea that exposes the plans of the powers that be?"

I don't think so. There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there that have no REAL evidence. But they fly around the Internet because people want to believe them. The trick is to go find the original documentation, which is much harder than reading a conspiracy theory website. Do we all suspect there are powers behind the visible puppets of the world? Yeah! But, what does the evidence actual say?

For instance. I've been reading through The Creature from Jekyll Island about the Federal Reserve system (available online at: https://archive.org/details/CreatureFromJekyllIslandByG.Edward-G.EdwardGriffin ) The author does a good job of citing real sources for his claims of evil conspiracy. But, when I look up the sources, I've found he takes the material that fits his argument and leaves out other material that sheds a different light. For instance. Frank Vanderlip told the world about the secret meeting at Jekyll Island in 1910, where the bankers went to plan the central bank system that eventually became the Federal Reserve, but Vanderlip's full article isn't sinister at all. (Do a Google search for "From-Farm-Boy-to-Financier" by Frank Vanderlip, Feb 9 1935. It's available through Scribd.)

I've been researching the whole KENNEDY WAS KILLED BECAUSE HE FOUGHT THE FEDERAL RESERVE conspiracy, and Metabunk was totally right to debunk the whole thing. Kennedy was all about squaring off against the Communists, not the Federal Reserve. In his yearly economic report, Kennedy calls for the removal of silver certificates from circulation, and not the opposite. ( http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/economic_reports/1963.pdf )

THIS IS THE POINT. There are a LOT of conspiracies that have no basis in fact. It's ALL of our jobs to go try to find the original documentation that proves or disproves something. A quote on somebody's website means nothing. Metabunk is really just a useful tool to help us find the original documentation. Somebody else has done the hard work.

Disinfo agent - me? Nah! Former CT'er who got out due to all the craziness and most, if not all, of the things they bring up being debunked. But, since we are "disinfo agents", you would think we all would get paid better, right? Pretty soon, the price of gas falling will be a CT/False Flag or whatever they like to call them nowadays

Not much in it, is there? Just opinions. Isn't that the central idea of metabunk: placing (scientific) facts against opinions (or interpretations)?

Seems like their sole purpose of existence is to tickle peoples ears who like to believe lies.
This is the exact same thing Fundamentalist Christians say. Once again proving CTs are a religion. And another parallel that if you believe one part you (should, according to the hard core) believe it all.

The OP's LINK seems to take a personal approach, as if it is one person or persona at times (he ⇔ they).....forgetting that people on this site are all members who voluntarily subscribe and comment. Anyone can.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this caught on here on the website, but I found this while google-ing Metabunk, in this post on the "Watchman's Cry Forum" here: http://www.watchmanscry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22946

---

Boots

Hi there,

I was just browsing the website Metabunk and looking at what they have "debunked" apparently. And I was wondering if anyone here had an opinion about them.

It seems like they have debunked a lot of what I believe. LOL. Some of it they may be right about, some I still don't agree with.

I guess he started the site to combat chemtrail theories, he says that he proves they are just contrails that get big and hang out in the air.

He also seems to say that GMO foods are fine. I disagree no matter how much anyone "debunks" that.

Vaccines are not harmful. I disagree, no matter how much "proof" that "experts" give me.

Sandy Hook was real (some of the conspirators he debunks I agree with him, not every conspiracy was a lie about this--I did appreciate how he showed that the facebook pages set up before the tragedy could have just had their titles changed)--they did not however address the Gotham City map with Sandy Hook shown as a strike zone.

They discredit the illuminati symbolism as simply current fashion. I disagree.

They debunk Alex Jones--which I don't mind so much.

They debunk the Fake CNN coverage of the Gulf war. I was kinda sad, to be honest : ( I really liked believing that the media was lying to us. I know that is terrible to admit. But if I say I love truth then I need to consider this information right? I don't think they proved it was real at all, but they did help to me question it a little.

So anyways, I guess it is good to find the truth, and if there is a legitimate explanation, then great. I don't want to believe lies.

But is this a website set up by a group that wants to discredit any idea that exposes the plans of the powers that be?

Are they shills? Like "Quackwatch"
Thanks guys!

Travis says:

Just based on what you said, it would seem this site is a disinformation group. Seems like their sole purpose of existence is to tickle peoples ears who like to believe lies. Anyone who has been alive for 40+ years and doesn't see something odd about our current chem trails has a bad memory or is willfully ignorant. 30 years ago, a con trail of a plane flying low enough in the atmosphere for us to see it would never last for more than 30-60 seconds. Pure condensation (H20) does not leave long lasting trails. Only small particulate like aluminum oxides, silver iodides, or naturally occurring dust particles that attract h20 to themselves in the air leave long trails.

They make the lies so big, that they are hard to not believe. Something about the bigger the lie, the better.

You can read the rest here: http://www.watchmanscry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22946

boots
[Admin: Ex tags: see https://www.metabunk.org/threads/use-of-ex-tags-for-quoting-external-content.525/ ]
That's one of the most common fallacies that Conspiracy believers make-anyone who disagrees with their belief is automatically a "disinfo agent"

Anyone who has been alive for 40+ years and doesn't see something odd about our current chem trails has a bad memory or is willfully ignorant.
A bad memory can go both ways. Looking at today's contrails and seeing something odd might very well have to do with "bad memory", not only because we tend to forget with age how things really were, but also because of inattentional blindness.
[ ]
Being a kid in the 70s i used to watch these trails - and they never just disappeared in 30 to 60 seconds - they used to linger around and spread out and slowly fade away!

So either my memory is shot or his is?

Yeah this is a cracker!
Being a kid in the 70s i used to watch these trails - and they never just disappeared in 30 to 60 seconds - they used to linger around and spread out and slowly fade away!

Same here.

I lived the first 20 years of my life in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the biggest city there, during the 80s and 90s (yes, do the math and I am almost 40 now :-] ). The skies were always ugly due to pollution.

But then, 90% of the weekends we went to our small farm, 1h from Sao Paulo. Beautiful blue sky, you could see all the stars during the night.

I vividly remember, every once in a while, looking to the sky and seeing that single contrail, basically crossing the whole sky end to end, and it stayed there for hours. I don't remember seeing more than one, ever. There was probably only one route flying there.

I remember that well because I only flew in a plane once, when I was 6, and I day dreamed about being there again ...

I was never a sky watcher, looking for planes all day long, but when those trails lasted for so long, it sure got my attention several times.

I think that's how memory works:
- Most of the times you just don't pay attention, and it's as it never happened
- Sometimes you have a reason to remember things (and pay attention to them), almost always emotionally linked
- Sometimes your brain just create a new memory for you

I personally believe in the second option for my childhoods trails :)

[ ]

I agree. Lots of contrails, or vapour trails as they were generally known, over London in the late 1950s and early 1960s. I remember, ber wondering why some disappeared almost at once, while others stayed.

Since the chemtrail idea was not invented until the mid 1990s, there is no reason why anyone would notice the absence of persistent contrails before then. Why would the absence of a phenomenon that has never been observed or discussed stand out in anyone's memory? So anyone saying now that they didn't see them then is reconstructing memory in a way psychology has shown to be unreliable. Google "false memory". On the other hand, I not only remember seeing them, I remember remembering them, and evenssking my Dad, a former navigator in RAF bombers, about them, before I knew that there was any such belief as chemtrails, and before it it was even invented; a pattern of remembering which is less susceptible to false memory

Last edited:
I am not sure if this caught on here on the website, but I found this while google-ing Metabunk, in this post on the "Watchman's Cry Forum" here: http://www.watchmanscry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22946

boots[/ex]

I have just tried to follow your link, and got "database error" on the Watchman's Cry site. I tried searching there for "metabunk" and "chemtrail" - not found. Maybe it's been deleted?

EDIT: I found it by googling "watchmans cry metabunk", so it is still there. I may see if I can reply and whether my comment is allowed to stay.

Last edited:
I have just tried to follow your link, and got "database error" on the Watchman's Cry site. I tried searching there for "metabunk" and "chemtrail" - not found. Maybe it's been deleted?

EDIT: I found it by googling "watchmans cry metabunk", so it is still there. I may see if I can reply and whether my comment is allowed to stay.
not sure what happened with the original link, they might have changed the address . its here http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22946

Back