The Johnson and Johnson Settlement, where does it fit in the conspiracy world

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It's a real conspiracy. Johnson and Johnson conspired to push dangerous drugs to vulnerable people in order to make money. They have agreed to a $2.2 Billion fine. It's not the only example, or even the biggest.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-source-johnson-johnson-agrees-pay-22b (http://archive.is/qVQxW)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Johnson & Johnson has agreed to pay more than $2.2 billion to resolve criminal and civil allegations that the company promoted powerful psychiatric drugs for unapproved uses in children, seniors and disabled patients, the Department of Justice announced on Monday.

The agreement is the third-largest settlement with a drugmaker in U.S. history, and the latest in a string of actions against drug companies allegedly putting profits ahead of patients.
Content from External Source
What I'm wondering here is how does such a thing fit into the worldview of those who think there's some kind of global cabal running everything, and controlling industry, politics, the courts and the media. Why do these fines/settlements happen? Is it for show? Or is this kind of billion dollar conspiracy too "small fry" for the cabal to worry about? Is big pharma actually operating without any kind of control from shadowy figures? Are they actually subject to the law?

If so, then where does the actual global conspiracy cut in? And why isn't big pharma a part of it? If they are not, then is Big Ag? Big Oil? How does this even work?

Last edited:
This clearly means Seth MacFarlane devised the following skit years in advance to condition the public to J&J's sinister intentions.

;)

How many people were involved in covering this up (or I guess basically not whistleblowing)? And for how long?

Same here, and I can't find anything specific. I did bump into
From Sept 2010, J&J was in some trouble a few years back.
Seems like the company has some bad habits.

I think the case in your link is part of the judgement announced today.

As to how this will be framed....I suspect some will say it's just a smoke screen - throw the masses a few morsels to make it seem like there is no formal, global agenda to (insert nefarious purpose)

While 2.2 billion might appear to be a major fine (it's the third-largest settlement with a drugmaker in U.S. history), consider that J&J have recently reported profits of 2.98 billion for the last quarter!

The question I'd like to see answered is how much profit did J&J make through whatever illegal acts they've just had their hands smacked for?

While 2.2 billion might appear to be a major fine (it's the third-largest settlement with a drugmaker in U.S. history), consider that J&J have recently reported profits of 2.98 billion for the last quarter!

The question I'd like to see answered is how much profit did J&J make through whatever illegal acts they've just had their hands smacked for?

Based on:
The settlement amount includes $1.72 billion in civil payments to federal and state governments as well as $485 million in criminal fines and forfeited profits.
It seems like a couple of hundred million. However that might be greatly limited to the illegal transactions they could prove, so it could be far more.

I suspect they basically have a pattern of pushing the boundaries of regulation, and when they push too far, then that's part of the cost of doing business.

Which is why we need to tighten up those boundaries, and increase the costs. But that's another topic.

Based on:
The settlement amount includes $1.72 billion in civil payments to federal and state governments as well as $485 million in criminal fines and forfeited profits.
It seems like a couple of hundred million. However that might be greatly limited to the illegal transactions they could prove, so it could be far more.

I suspect they basically have a pattern of pushing the boundaries of regulation, and when they push too far, then that's part of the cost of doing business.

Which is why we need to tighten up those boundaries, and increase the costs. But that's another topic.
They probably did a cost benefits analysis where they decided the expense of the lawsuits for promoting the unregulated uses of the medication would be offset by the profits. It's more a case of questionable business ethics and morality than it is a conspiracy. A lot of medications are promoted for secondary and off market uses without approval.

I occasionally see reactions to things like this and it is usually brushed aside as one of 2 things:

1/ a sop to the masses, propaganda exercise or smokescreen - hiding the "reality" by providing something to highlight how "big business" can be held "accountable". And to be honest apart from the conspiracy aspect of this I tend to agree - as has been pointed out even massive fines are not all that much a of a problem for these huge multi-nationals.

2/ In fighting among the NWO - someone done something wrong, broke the illuminati rules, and needed to be slapped down.

They probably did a cost benefits analysis where they decided the expense of the lawsuits for promoting the unregulated uses of the medication would be offset by the profits. It's more a case of questionable business ethics and morality than it is a conspiracy. A lot of medications are promoted for secondary and off market uses without approval.

Regulatory costs are often seen as "just another business cost" in many cases.

I recently did a seminar with Malcolm Sparrow - a guru of regulation - how to make it effective and even desirable (it's an uphill battle!) - and this attitude pervades every industry as soon as the participants stop being individually liable for punishment - and more so if there is no incarceration involved. It is a simple formula - how much are the fines times the likelihood of being caught vs how much is the profit?

Back