The Illuminati controls the music industry- Debunked! (from The Soap Box)

Clock

Senior Member.
Hey guys, I'm back from the grave. Today, I'm going talk about my favorite conspiracy theory, which is The Illuminati controlling the music industry. On the web, I found this interesting article on The Soap Box, where the writer pretty much debunks the whole "globalist controlling music" theory. I would have re-wrote it myself, but some words are better said in the mouths of other people.

[h=2]Embarrassing Conspiracy Theories: The Illuminati controls the Music Industry[/h]
One of the big conspiracy theories going around the internet (especially Youtube) is that the music industry is controlled by the Illuminati (mind you of course there is no proof that the Illuminati even exists in the first place).

One of the key pieces of "evidence" that many conspiracy theorists claims is "proof" that the Illuminati is in control of the music industry is that many musical artists tend to use hand gestures and symbols (along also with certain lyrics) that many conspiracy theorists believe contain pro-Illuminati messages, or is being used as some type of brain washing techniques.

Now besides the fact that a very secretive group (such as the allegedly existing Illuminati) probably wouldn't be so bluntly giving away their existence by having a bunch of musical artists basically giving their audience a bunch of little subtle hints of that group's existence, it would kind of defeats the purpose of a secretive group being a secret to the public at large if they gave away their existence so openly.

Musical artists can be a weird kind of bunch. They constantly "reinvent" themselves or evolve in there tastes for two main purpose: To express themselves artistically, and to stay relevant so they can make money from teenagers and young adults, because that is where a large part of where music sales come from. There is even speculation that some musical artist that are accused of working for the Illuminati are actually intentionally using what is considered Illuminati symbols in their acts and lyrics in their music in order to generate controversy, and thus publicity.

There are also other claims by people who claim to have worked in (or currently are working in) the music industry, and that they have actually "witnessed" either what they consider to be Illuminati or other occult type ceremonies occur in private with some of these musical artists. These claims tend to be few and far between, and could be simply the result of misunderstanding the actions of a musical artist (as I said before, they can sometimes be pretty weird and do weird things) or everything they are saying could just be entirely made up (including their involvement with the music industry).

Even if this was true, the music industry would not be a very good industry for a secretive group to secretly spread messages of their existence through symbols (rather then outright saying that they exist).

Besides the shear fact that many musical artists are very independent minded and would most likely never go along with being apart of the Illuminate (some of which are conspiracy theorist minded people who would have no problems exposing this) there are thousands of people who work in the music industry, and there should be a lot more evidence being brought forth, and a lot more people coming forth and claiming that the entire music industry is being controlled by some secretive shadow group.

Also, another reason why the music industry really wouldn't be a good place to do something like this in the first place is because musical artists come and go all the time, with maybe only a few lasting a decade or more (as comedian Chris Rock once put when he was talking about musical artists "here today, gone today" because that's practically how long some of these artists careers last). So with this being said, would you really want to use the music industry to secretively spread a message (without even hinting what that message was)?

From what I can tell this is simply a new spin on old accusations that have been plaguing the music industry for decades about how the music industry is being controlled by secretive and malicious forces, such as Satanists in the 1980's and 1990's, and communists even before then.

No evidence? I dont know about "Illuminati" but look into the Frankfurt School influence on multinational conglomerate powers. Look at the history of the Universal Music Group, Vivendi (french company) and a man named Edgar Bronfman Jr. (Sr. is no innocent either). The wiki is enough for the intelligent mind to connect the dots.

If you still think there is nothing to the story of subtle control of the masses I urge you to further your search for Truth into the evolution of advertising and branding which pervades everything from the entertainment industry to toilet paper and diapers. (try to find plain diapers without elmo or dora on them) If branding newborn babys isn't evil manipulation then you need to redefine your definition.

Drug companies, google, the entertainment industry and wall street (among many others) all share and trade the same CEO's. Do some actual research and dig deep. You wont like what you find but it's better to be aware of a truth you dont like than blissfully ignorant.

Also look to the history of the Khazars and their convert to Judaism in the seventh century.

I think this guy could definitely have benefited from a rewrite, Clock. :p
He doesn't really debunk anything though, does he? It's more of an "Conspiracy theorists say this, but I think they're wrong, because that's what I think." deal throughout.

but look into the Frankfurt School influence on multinational conglomerate powers. Look at the history of the Universal Music Group, Vivendi (french company) and a man named Edgar Bronfman Jr. (Sr. is no innocent either). The wiki is enough for the intelligent mind to connect the dots.

What? Bronfman owns Warner Music. So? How is that any proof of the illluminati? no.

If you still think there is nothing to the story of subtle control of the masses I urge you to further your search for Truth into the evolution of advertising and branding which pervades everything from the entertainment industry to toilet paper and diapers. (try to find plain diapers without elmo or dora on them) If branding newborn babys isn't evil manipulation then you need to redefine your definition.

Here are diapers that do not have cartoon characters on them: http://returnmarket.com/media/termekek/1349204660_how_many_diapers_should_i_buy_for_newborn_baby.jpg (and that's a pretty big brand name too!) and here http://c1.diapers.com/images/products/p/pg/pg-267_1z.jpg
On that baby branding thing, there isn't much info on it, but there is this http://boingboing.net/2008/08/05/uv-branding-iron-for.html

A new hand-type ultraviolet-ray lamp makes it easier for nurses in a Brooklyn, N.Y., hospital to brand the initials of a new-born baby on his skin to prevent identification mix-ups in the hospital nursery. Soft ultra-violet rays pass through stenciled initials placed within the easily handled unit to tan the letters on the infant as well as on the mother. Harmless, the identification brand is said to remain visible for a period of two weeks.
And that was in 1938. today they use paper branding. (they attach a paper to their wrist)

I think this guy could definitely have benefited from a rewrite, Clock. :p
He doesn't really debunk anything though, does he? It's more of an "Conspiracy theorists say this, but I think they're wrong, because that's what I think." deal throughout.

Ya, I supposed that you're right, Grieves. The problem with this theory is there is a lack of evidence.

There are plenty of non branded products of all types out there (non branded meaning not advertised heavily or at all). Most stores have their own store brands, and there are entire stores with very few branded products, such as Aldi. One can find non branded eating places from hamburger spots and pizzerias to high end restaurants

Many times one ends up with a brand, because you KNOW it. Winfield's Breakfast and Burgers has the best burgers in Dallas, but it is a tiny whole in the wall, in the 'hood'. Lots of folks stand around outside (they are waiting for their burgers, since there is room inside for about 4-5 customers. If you don't KNOW about it, Micky Ds looks to be a safer bet for a burger.

People have the CHOICE and often they CHOOSE the brand. I do buy Coke, and Blue Bell ice cream, but I would never spend 1000s on a designer purse or shoes or clothing. I might have something custom made, and it would be cheaper.

Branding is nothing more than 'smart marketing'.

Back