Strange Lights in the Skies of Mexico - Sept 7th

Just checking the claims in the first post. Heavens Above does state that the Starlink satellites train from the launch on 5 September would have been visible from Jalisco at the (rough) time of the sighting.
Screenshot_20220910-095519_Chrome_1.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-095549_Chrome_1.jpg

Last edited:
One of the clips on Ledrack's version claims they're in the town of Tala:
@NorCal Dave
Nope, I think we are both wrong in that respect. Yes, there's a place named "Tala", but my Spanish-to-English dictionary gives "ovnis del tala" as "UFOs in the woods". Depending on the specific location from which these were taken, "the woods" could be anywhere within a 180° arc west of them.

this one is allegedly from Ajijic.
i'm suspicious of starlink because how could all these locations be experiencing the same hole in the clouds?

Source: https://twitter.com/trinomonero/status/1567723409601167371?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1567723409601167371%7Ctwgr%5E10a70a194691e21a8116188a368b901154b7adb0%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.infobae.com%2Famerica%2Fmexico%2F2022%2F09%2F08%2Fovni-fue-visto-en-jalisco-estos-fueron-los-videos-y-las-teorias%2F

@Stingray this town is maybe interesting there are only 2 paved roads and they both go in this direction (highlighted)..so her alleged filming is North west ish...is that where starlink was?

1662774278725.png

Yes, west, North West is where starlink was supposed to be. 10 to 18 degrees up. But again, barely visible to the sharpest eyes in a perfectly clear and dark sky*.

*supposedly

Last edited:
Yes, west, North West is where starlink was supposed to be. 10 to 18 degrees up. But again, barely visible to the sharpest eyes in a perfectly clear and dark sky*.

*supposedly
well if its in the right place at the right time (ish) it must be it.

well if its in the right place at the right time (ish) it must be it.
I agree. Some of the videos posted do not look like Starlink to me, but those that I posted recently do.

We have a matching time, matching place in the sky, and a matching appearance. I'd say this is Starlink with about a 99% confidence level.

I'm also inclined towards Starlink.

My theory to explain why they shined so bright at that specific area of the sky and yet the "forecast" was for a very dim passing is that the satellites received a command to adjust their positioning or orbit, putting them at very reflective angle for a few seconds.

I'm also inclined towards Starlink.

My theory to explain why they shined so bright at that specific area of the sky and yet the "forecast" was for a very dim passing is that the satellites received a command to adjust their positioning or orbit, putting them at very reflective angle for a few seconds.
The second video I linked to in post #41 shows that the direction to the Starlink train was exactly in line with the sun when it was below the horizon. This could have created a particularly bright flare from the satellites. I've never seen Starlink flare quite so brightly, but I have seen other satellites flare very brightly, the Iridium constellation was well known for bright flares.

I also am convinced now that it is the starlink satellite "train", specially the second video in post #43 shows them flaring up. I am not sure if the angles and time are agreeing, but it really looks like the flare-ups of the starlink's solar panel catching the sun.

I think I'm also settling on Starlink train with extraordinarily bright flaring.

star.png

They don't move the way countermeasure flares do - dropped one after the other but unmoving.

They do move the way Starlink trains move - visibly moving across the sky in a train.

Last edited:
Back