Some Old Questions from Contrails in Airline Advertising

U

Unregistered

Hi all, just wondering what exactly we're learning here. All I"m seeing is normal contrails produced from Jets as they always have. Although they might look like some chemtrails in the beginning, the great majority of them will just dissipate and evaporate. This is totally unlike Chemtrails which persist, spread and envelop the sky. Same thing with all the old movies with contrails in them. Not a single example of what we're seeing these days where sunny days turn into totally cloudy days within an hour or tow after being bombarded with traffic. Am I missing something?

Hi all, just wondering what exactly we're learning here. All I"m seeing is normal contrails produced from Jets as they always have. Although they might look like some chemtrails in the beginning, the great majority of them will just dissipate and evaporate. This is totally unlike Chemtrails which persist, spread and envelop the sky. Same thing with all the old movies with contrails in them. Not a single example of what we're seeing these days where sunny days turn into totally cloudy days within an hour or tow after being bombarded with traffic. Am I missing something?

Google Richard Scorer - Clouds of the World

the great majority of them will just dissipate and evaporate. This is totally unlike Chemtrails which persist, spread and envelop the sky. .... Am I missing something?

Yes you are missing the fact that what you described are BOTH examples of normal characteristics of contrails.
Normal contrails can be short lived. Normal contrails can persist and spread and envelop the sky.
This has been a known characteristic for many decades.

How about you read this site in far more detail and have a careful read of the many threads to learn what normal contrails often do.

but these atmospheric science papers are a good start:

"The spreading of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent contrails exist from 25,000 to 40,000 ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet."

from Peter Kuhn," Airborne Observations of Contrail Effects on the Thermal Radiation Budget" published 1970.
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences Volume 27, Issue 6 (September 1970)

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0469(1970)027<0937:AOOCEO>2.0.CO;2

“It is often observed that contrails spread considerably…Under favorable conditions, a lateral spread of kilometers is observed…If sufficient air traffic exists, an entire overcast of contrail cirrus may develop and persist for hours with rapid growth in the ice budget of individual contrails.”
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/groups/pielke/classes/atoc7500/knollenberg72.pdf

of this account from a book written in 1942/43:

Extract from ''Flight To Arras''
''The German on the ground knows us by the pearly white scarf which every plane flying at high altitude trails behind like a bridal veil. The disturbance created by our meteoric flight crystallizes the watery vapor in the atmosphere. We unwind behind us a cirrus of icicles. If the atmospheric conditions are favorable to the formation of clouds, our wake will thicken bit by bit and become an evening cloud over the countryside''.

If contrails form at the higher attitudes where jets fly I can understand the physics of why contrails form from the heat of the exhaust. But what baffled me the other day was "contrails" at ten to fifteen thousand where the weather clouds were. That is not possible because there isn't the cold air where condensation would be taking place from the heat of jet exhaust. It seems to me by watching where these planes are flying doing whatever it is that they seem to be doing, some fly high, some fly low or where ever the central part of the weather flow they would need to fly in order to have the desired affect on the weather whatever that may be. Now, how can jet exhaust form a ten thousand feet? And to be on record I have not ever seen any particulates coming from any of these white streams coming from jets that is what others have experienced. It's just more like whomever may be wanting to change the weather are doing to the weather whatever it is that they may want to do.

If contrails form at the higher attitudes where jets fly I can understand the physics of why contrails form from the heat of the exhaust. But what baffled me the other day was "contrails" at ten to fifteen thousand where the weather clouds were. That is not possible because there isn't the cold air where condensation would be taking place from the heat of jet exhaust. It seems to me by watching where these planes are flying doing whatever it is that they seem to be doing, some fly high, some fly low or where ever the central part of the weather flow they would need to fly in order to have the desired affect on the weather whatever that may be. Now, how can jet exhaust form a ten thousand feet? And to be on record I have not ever seen any particulates coming from any of these white streams coming from jets that is what others have experienced. It's just more like whomever may be wanting to change the weather are doing to the weather whatever it is that they may want to do.
How are you sure the aircraft you saw were at 10,000 to 15,000 feet?
http://eo.ucar.edu/webweather/cloud3.html

Last edited:
Back