Rolling UFO and orbs

J

johne1618

This is from the MUFON database case 117178 taken on Aug 5th 2021 over Manhattan, NY, US.

What's going on?

A plastic bag and two drones? :)

Why should the "bag" suddenly start tumbling? Also the "bag" and "drones" just seem to fade out towards the end of the video.

Is this a CGI hoax?

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst thing about these videos is that each of those baloons will end up as plastic pollution in the oceans :( :mad:

I'd like somebody with some knowledge of CGI and how to detect it to look closely at that one. Especially at the moment when they disappear "into the cloud."

The main object looks like a large inflatable arch of some kind. They are popular in advertising.

The smaller blips could simply be trash in the wind, or blurry light blips could easily inserted afterwards, if the intent were deception.

They look like balloons tied to the larger inflatable, they sometimes move with it like they are connected.

The main object looks like a large inflatable arch of some kind. They are popular in advertising.

The smaller blips could simply be trash in the wind, or blurry light blips could easily inserted afterwards, if the intent were deception.

A large inflatable arch is heavy. It would take a hurricane to get it aloft.

Also for some reason case 117178 has been taken off the MUFON database. I don't know why. Here's a link to the last 20 MUFON cases:

https://mufoncms.com/last_20_report.html

If the video is a CGI fake it seems strange to make the effort to simulate such a nondescript object - why not something more recognizable like a disc, cigar or triangle shaped object?

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing what came into my mind is a bag or foam. Like cloudvertising as shown in this picture. Also called as Flogo's
The orbs look like a cgi afterouch.
schuimvorm.jpg

A large inflatable arch is heavy. It would take a hurricane to get it aloft.
Inflatable arches can be found in a variety of sizes, designs and materials, so I don't understand the logic here.
It could be homemade for all we know.

It looks like the larger floating object may be the real 1st layer of this video, but the two orbs are both random enough to suggest CGI tampering layered over the top. So a floating balloon, if you disregard the two orbs, looks perfectly normal. The police siren in the background adds to the drama. There is no physical way the two orbs are ‘attached’ to the larger object as they defy any natural sequence even if the wind and currents are whipping them up, especially at the point of 5 seconds in where one of the orbs climbs a ridiculous altitude compared to the other orb and main subject. Hoax for me.

It looks like the larger floating object may be the real 1st layer of this video, but the two orbs are both random enough to suggest CGI tampering layered over the top. So a floating balloon, if you disregard the two orbs, looks perfectly normal. The police siren in the background adds to the drama. There is no physical way the two orbs are ‘attached’ to the larger object as they defy any natural sequence even if the wind and currents are whipping them up, especially at the point of 5 seconds in where one of the orbs climbs a ridiculous altitude compared to the other orb and main subject. Hoax for me.
I tend to agree, with the added suspicion that the real balloon or plastic bag or whatever it was is wiped digitally as it passes the boundary between the shadowed and lit part of the cloud, to make it look like it was much further away than it actually was, like it dived into the cloud way up there. The video being cut almost immediately would be useful to avoid having to keep wiping the bag out of the shot, and the risk of a moving "doesn't quite match" bit moving along the trajectory of the erased bag.

The way the bag disappears into the cloud makes the cloud look dense enough to be solid. This looks to me like some fakery; not a real object in my opinion. The very slow uniform tumbling would simply not fit any object I could think of.

Back