Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps]

Marine0811

What makes the trails form at the wing tips in this video, but none at the engines?
I have seen some other trails at plane wings, but they were around the planes wing flaps.

Low altitude aerodynamic contrails. You can see the conditions are right because it's also forming over the wing.

Normally they come from mid wing because you see them on landing when the flaps are lowered.

Here's a close-up of a simpilar situation
[

Here's a photo I took at LAX, you can see the trail more clearly from the back (right) wing.

These are from the flaps, but you can also see the condensation over the wing:

More details here:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...anding-aerodynamic-contrail-wake-vortex.3551/

Thank you. One other thing that looked different to me is there was a trail at one wing tip while the other wing tip showed no trail. What causes this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. One other thing that looked different to me is there was a trail at one wing tip while the other wing tip showed no trail. What causes this?

Differences in air pressure over the wings, probably caused by turning. One stops just before the other, so it's a slight difference.

You can see that the plane is turing, and the condensation over the wing is also slightly more on the side where the trail continues for slightly longer.

Back